Klonopin x11 months

[Pr...]

Hello.

I was previously prescribed klonopin for 11 months. For 3 of those months I took it daily at a 3mg dose on a schedule. I decided to get off of the medicine back in February and it’s been a rough road. Filled with incompetent doctors and so many uncertainties. I’m 102 days benzo free but my waves feel like they’re getting harder each week.

Hi PrettyinPinkRN

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Congrats on being benzo free! I am sorry to hear you are struggling though. As you might know it is common for withdrawal symptoms to linger several months after discontinuation, especially since you’ve been at such a high dose. Unfortunately the only healer is time, but the great news is most people do heal. What symptoms are you struggling with? If you look at Chapter 3 of The Ashton Manual, it lists and explains common withdrawal symptoms. Our community also has lots of knowledge and experience to share.

For support on withdrawal symptoms after tapering you can post here: Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

We are so glad you found us! Please look around and start posting when you’re ready.

jelly baby