The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Mary,

I agree with that. Cats and dogs come in all colors, but these black ones get the short end of the stick.

Those black paw prints look good.

🐾 🐾 🐾 🐾

Good night LHSG, sleep well with good dreams.  Love you all.  Talk to you in the morning 💙💎🙏💙💎🙏💙.  Mary 💎💙💎💙💎💙 

Happy Birthday Free!! You share the same birthday as my beautiful granddaughter! She's a very sweet special little girl, this must be the day that God made his Earth angels 😘

Happy birthday sweet lady!🎈🎈🍰🍥🎉🎊 :happybday::yippee:

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone, I'm not caught up I have to read back some pages but will do it in the morning. I'm exhausted from all the running around today and then my granddaughters party.. Can't really to got the sheets!

Intend, I hope all is well and you're holding up. Sending you love and big hugs 😘

Mary, English, Twin, E, Free and all others love you lots ladies.. Sleep well everyone..

Trish ❤️

Third,

You are not cursed by posting this. I get superstitious myself and often knock on wood when I do thinks like this myself.

It’s so great that this third time of trying to get off these drugs you are not only succeeding, but you are getting less sx than before and feeling a lot better.

What a wonderful update. And now you’re almost off. You really need to celebrate when you’re off which should be soon.

No waves 🌊 🌊 for you. If anyone feels better after getting off hits a wave, be assured they will get windows also and will feel normal. Its not a linear process, but a window/wave pattern shows recovery is happening.

Thank you 🙏. I was hoping to maybe show that the long holds work for healing. I had to be healing while I was holding. Something changed for the better. I hope I’ll be back before summer is over all done with it, but I know how this rolls so I’m also prepared to start to hold again.

Morning LHSG, rise and shine, apmand at'em, The Perseverance Train is on the move, 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂. Hope everyone has a pleasant day, love you all, chuga chuga choooochoooo 👩🏻‍✈️ , next stop The Village and on to Looking Foward Community, ....🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵 

Thanks to all for the good wishes for my birthday.  Love to you all.❤️💕💕❤️

Free,

You deserve everyone’s good wishes. You are a caring, thoughtful and loving person!

:smitten: :smitten:  Thanks Intend.

So true, Free. Seems like you’re always there for everyone. Don’t doubt yourself ever. 💙💚💛🧡❤️💜

Tilly is also black and white. More power for black pets!  xxx

Absolutely, Gilly. We love these critters like we love our children. When I got Pepper, it was mother’s day, and Dan and I were shocked as we had so many pets throughout the years and loved them all.

But we didn’t want anymore because it broke our hearts when we had to put them to sleep for being so sick. 💔💔💔

But we now have little Pepper, and we love her too. 💚💛🧡❤️ 🐾 🐾 🐾

Third,

You are not cursed by posting this. I get superstitious myself and often knock on wood when I do thinks like this myself.

It’s so great that this third time of trying to get off these drugs you are not only succeeding, but you are getting less sx than before and feeling a lot better.

What a wonderful update. And now you’re almost off. You really need to celebrate when you’re off which should be soon.

No waves 🌊 🌊 for you. If anyone feels better after getting off hits a wave, be assured they will get windows also and will feel normal. Its not a linear process, but a window/wave pattern shows recovery is happening.

Thank you 🙏. I was hoping to maybe show that the long holds work for healing. I had to be healing while I was holding. Something changed for the better. I hope I’ll be back before summer is over all done with it, but I know how this rolls so I’m also prepared to start to hold again.

Third,

Holding does work as it worked for you. If you have to hold again, you will, but you are recovering.

I’ve read for years now that when you get these windows, you will get them again even if you get a wave. It’s the nonlinear process of recovery. 🍭🌟 🎀

Morning LHSG, rise and shine, apmand at'em, The Perseverance Train is on the move, 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂. Hope everyone has a pleasant day, love you all, chuga chuga choooochoooo 👩🏻‍✈️ , next stop The Village and on to Looking Foward Community, ....🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵 

I’m up early as usual and have doubting mornings almost everyday.

Constantly rethinking myself on so many things.

This morning, I’m concerned about Cathy again. I cannot just “throw her away” and don’t want to. It’s not a matter of just having had enough of her problems. I must reconnect with her, illness and all.

It won’t be easy as she is not well and angry. I would be too to have to have gone through 3 years of trying to find out why one has all these strange sx.

Dan and I were both shaken up by these last several days. I can tell he’s worried although I’ll have to deal with this.

We were talking last night and recalled that when Cathy was about 2 years old, she suddenly had a mouth full of sores. She would  not eat a thing and put her little hand over her mouth and shook her head “NO” emphatically when we tried to get her to eat or drink.

This went on for 2 days, and I finally realized that she would get seriously dehydrated. So Dan had to hold her tightly and kind of restrain her while I held her head up and slowly and carefully poured water down her throat. She screamed and cried, but we had to do it. Never thought about taking her to a hospital for some reason.

She finally cleared up in 4-5 days and was fine. Happened another time and we did the same thing. Probably the first sign of whatever’s wrong with her now.

But I’m not going to discard her. I will probably have to wait till the mental health clinic calls tomorrow or I call them. But I must help her at least to see her and possibly help her get to her doctor more regularly or as often as needed.

It’s hard to deal with true mental illness, and as I told this clinic, I’m not a fan of psychiatric medications, some help is needed. I can try at the very least to just  be there for her.

Intend, of course you will be there for her, even though it will be hard. Cathy may not think she needs you, but she does. And she may be unkind, but that is illness talking. You are a good mother and a strong person. You will make a difference for Cathy. I believe it. Love, Esperanza

Intend, of course you will be there for her, even though it will be hard. Cathy may not think she needs you, but she does. And she may be unkind, but that is illness talking. You are a good mother and a strong person. You will make a difference for Cathy. I believe it. Love, Esperanza

I’m going to give it my best shot esperanza. I’m actually wary of her, but that’s my benzo talking. Wary of so many things these days.

Intend, what a horrible and difficult situation. You have my sympathy and my thoughts.

Love and Hugs. Gilly xxx 💟💟💟

Intend, what a horrible and difficult situation. You have my sympathy and my thoughts.

Love and Hugs. Gilly xxx 💟💟💟

Thank you Gilly. I appreciate your support. It’s a rough one for sure. Turns out this mental health clinic is an extension of the neuropsychiatric institute at the University of Utah. It’s called UNI here.

Always crowded, and they have recently been known to take people off their psychiatric meds super fast. My doc has ended up with plenty who come to him in serious trouble as in a basket case.

Luckily Cathy’s not on a benzo, but is on Prozac I think. And those pain killers-oxycodone she said. But then she said naproxen which is not even an Rx anymore that I know of.

Well, obviously, Cathy doesn’t understand much, but I do, so I’ll do my best to help her. 💟💟💟

Today has got to be movie day.

So I’m trying to pick one. Kind of settled on the Wedding Guest as I can usually tell which one will leave town the fastest, and I really like Dev Patel.

This morning, I’m concerned about Cathy again. I cannot just “throw her away” and don’t want to. It’s not a matter of just having had enough of her problems. I must reconnect with her, illness and all.

It won’t be easy as she is not well and angry. I would be too to have to have gone through 3 years of trying to find out why one has all these strange sx.

Dan and I were both shaken up by these last several days. I can tell he’s worried although I’ll have to deal with this.

We were talking last night and recalled that when Cathy was about 2 years old, she suddenly had a mouth full of sores. She would  not eat a thing and put her little hand over her mouth and shook her head “NO” emphatically when we tried to get her to eat or drink.

This went on for 2 days, and I finally realized that she would get seriously dehydrated. So Dan had to hold her tightly and kind of restrain her while I held her head up and slowly and carefully poured water down her throat. She screamed and cried, but we had to do it. Never thought about taking her to a hospital for some reason.

She finally cleared up in 4-5 days and was fine. Happened another time and we did the same thing. Probably the first sign of whatever’s wrong with her now.

But I’m not going to discard her. I will probably have to wait till the mental health clinic calls tomorrow or I call them. But I must help her at least to see her and possibly help her get to her doctor more regularly or as often as needed.

It’s hard to deal with true mental illness, and as I told this clinic, I’m not a fan of psychiatric medications, some help is needed. I can try at the very least to just  be there for her.

I never thought for a second you would give up on her, never.  That does sound like it was the beginning of the illness, how strange.  I sure hope everyone contacts you tomorrow that is supposed to.  Love you Intend.  🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🐈🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🛠⛏⛓⛓🔨

I never thought for a second you would give up on her, never.  That does sound like it was the beginning of the illness, how strange.  I sure hope everyone contacts you tomorrow that is supposed to.  Love you Intend.  🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🐈🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🛠⛏⛓⛓🔨

If they don’t contact me in the morning tomorrow, I will contact them without doubt.

When Dan and I were talking about the incident when she was 2, Dan remembered immediately, and said he thought it was the strangest thing he’d ever seen in a toddler. And that man has seen plenty of toddlers in his life. His family is huge, and so many toddlers were born when he was, and then they all grew up together.

And when they turned 15-16, someone got pregnant. A cousin, a second cousin, and then there were  babies and toddlers everywhere.

The first thing that happened when I met Dans huge family at his grandfathers house, his oldest aunt asked me, “so when will you’re baby be born? “

But Dan and I didn’t “work “ that way. Mary was born 1.5 years later, and Cathy was born 2 years later. They looked so much alike, that people asked if they were twins.

Not exactly. Looked alike as toddlers, but as they got older, Mary looked more like a mixture of both of us. Jet black hair, but 2 inches taller than Cathy with light skin. And Cathy’s the one with the curly light brown hair who really looks like Dan and has tan skin like he does.

Going to get on Fandango right now and see if The Wedding Guest is playing in other theaters also.

Love you too, Mary my friend. 🌹 🌹 🌹 🐈 🐈 🐈 🛠 🛠 🛠 🐾 🐾 🐾

NJ, How is your son? xxx

Gilly,

Just saw this.

My son has had more testing since I was last on regularly. They continue to find some irregularity in his digestive system. They don't know for sure if it is Crohn's or not. Doctor started him on a high dose of steroids a week ago, which I was really, really hoping would get him moving in the right direction. It has lessened belly pain a little but he still has no appetite and really bad fatigue. We go back in a week and a half. I am really hoping the steroids kick in. We are all so disappointed. I am barely holding it together to be honest. He has now been sick for seven months. And my mom fell and broke her hip a few weeks back and that means a whole lot of other things have landed on my plate to deal with. I am just very tired and depressed. I just don't know what we do if the steroids don't work. I do think this doctor knows what he is doing it's just that my son's case is atypical, so no one is really sure what to make of it. Every day I hope things are better than the day before; I assume someday they will be.

Thanks for asking and hope you are doing well.

[f4...]