The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Trishy and Mary. Thank you so much for your support. You are very special people. 💙💚💛💜  I've got my Mum and Rebecca coming over on Friday. I hope I feel better than this. 😵😵

Intend, great that you've got your microwave sorted. If only it was so easy with Cathy....

Hello and hope you have a good day Esp, Stut, NJ, Free and Cant.

Love and Hugs.  Gilly xxxxx 💕

Oh English, I hope you feel better too, I know what means to you to see your daughter and mum.  Love you much, my fingers are crossed girlfriend, Mary 🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Intend, you have done your best. It seems your hands are tied. She knows you are there. I hope she will try to let you help her. I am keeping you in my thoughts. This is so very hard for you, as a mother. Nothing worse than having an adult child who denies they are in need of help. If she was five, you could do for her what she is too sick to do for herself. I hope someone can get through to her. I wish her doctors were more helpful. Would she listen to her son? Esperanza

I’m feeling somewhat remiss for being so busy this morning, but once again, just as I got on BB, I got phones calls.

I did send an email to Cathy, but no response yet.

And then Mary called. She and Brad had a bit of a “fallout” yesterday, and once again they’ve somehow worked things out over the rest of yesterday.

And Dan and I are both exhausted. I’m tapering again, and feelings the effects of that also.

It’s hard for me to get a “day off,” but then again I do not want to sit around and watch tv.

We like our new microwave, and thank goodness for Blake because he understands all this installation.

At the end of yesterday, I got a call from the authorized Samsung repair shop, and the man I spoke with said we had made a wise decision by buying a new microwave because “these samsung microwaves have so many areas of heating other than the magnetron that we could have easily eclipsed the cost of a new one just by the repair cost,” so we are very glad we got the whirlpool.

We bought all the new Samsung appliances in 2013, and so far we have replaced not only the microwave, but the dishwasher for whirlpool, and the fridge for LG. Blake says that Samsung is new to the appliance “game” whereas whirlpool, GE, LG, Kitchen Aid, and Maytag have been around for years and years.

I’m going to avoid Samsung appliances if I can. Everyone of these same appliances were working when we moved into this house in @2001, and the house was built in 1999. So I one takes 1999-2013, that’s 14 years. And they were still in good condition in 2013. Dan just wanted them like he usually does. A great guy, but one who must have the best of everything (even he doesn’t realized that it isn’t, and frankly I did realized that myself.)

I have managed to get things accomplished today finally.

I contacted the south Jordan health clinic, and this time they did not think any appointment should be made for Cathy.

A better approach was to notify her doc of her behavior and thought process, watch her and then suggest some intervention and help if she was open to that. And since she has this phone problem, they liked the idea of contacting through email like I have been doing. They had the same phone number and didn’t mention any problems with it, but I can remember getting a call from the westridge clinic where they said they couldn’t reach her and wondered if I could. That was when I was on her contact list because they said she gave me as an alternate contact.

When Cathy first got her fibromyalgia Dx, she joined a Facebook group specifically for that, and would tell me about how much she liked it because she was with others who had the same thing and she learned all about it. And finally, I requested that both clinics not let Cathy know that I intervened in any way because she would be furious with me and I want her to accept any help they offer her.

Now Im just hoping she lets me come over to Russ’s house and visit so we can calmly talk, and I will email her tomorrow about that.

We ended buying  a new microwave at Home Depot and it’s a whirlpool and not a samsung. Dan called Home Depot and asked to speak with Hassan who manages the home interiors department. Hassan recommended that Blake install it (Blake worked at Home Depot for the last year of high school and the first year of college) so it’s up and running. Long day to say the least, and now that Mary has said goodnight to everyone, I will say the same thing. 🌹 ☘️ 🐈 🔨 🔧 🐾 💟☪️🌜

Oh, I will be keeping my fingers crossed she is in a receptive mood.  I told Tim you bought Whirlpool this time. 

I don't understand why they wouldn't want Cathy to make an appointment as sick as she says she is, I just don't understand much about this whole thing.  But hoping you get to see her and she is calm and you can get the whole story and an opportunity to understand.  Love you, hope you slept well after the last few days you've had.  Mary 🌹🌹🌹🌹🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾🔨⛏⛓⚙️

Well, the whole idea is to suggest the help they have to offer her and not force it on her. Just like the Facebook group for fibromyalgia. I found out yesterday that she has been keeping the recent appointments at the westridge clinic. She saw them on March 13 and on March 19, and sent me those angry emails starting on March 21st.

I do think she has “hit bottom” here, and may be willing to accept help from the clinic and from us.

The only help we can offer her is basically companionship and offer to get her to her appointments,  but the clinic can offer her counseling.

I found out yesterday that Cathy’s provider is a physicians assistant and not an MD. But I was assured that she works with a very “cohesive team” who will keep a good eye on her at these appointments.

Dan and I will do the best we can.

I’m feeling somewhat remiss for being so busy this morning, but once again, just as I got on BB, I got phones calls.

I did send an email to Cathy, but no response yet.

And then Mary called. She and Brad had a bit of a “fallout” yesterday, and once again they’ve somehow worked things out over the rest of yesterday.

And Dan and I are both exhausted. I’m tapering again, and feelings the effects of that also.

It’s hard for me to get a “day off,” but then again I do not want to sit around and watch tv.

We like our new microwave, and thank goodness for Blake because he understands all this installation.

At the end of yesterday, I got a call from the authorized Samsung repair shop, and the man I spoke with said we had made a wise decision by buying a new microwave because “these samsung microwaves have so many areas of heating other than the magnetron that we could have easily eclipsed the cost of a new one just by the repair cost,” so we are very glad we got the whirlpool.

We bought all the new Samsung appliances in 2013, and so far we have replaced not only the microwave, but the dishwasher for whirlpool, and the fridge for LG. Blake says that Samsung is new to the appliance “game” whereas whirlpool, GE, LG, Kitchen Aid, and Maytag have been around for years and years.

I’m going to avoid Samsung appliances if I can. Everyone of these same appliances were working when we moved into this house in @2001, and the house was built in 1999. So I one takes 1999-2013, that’s 14 years. And they were still in good condition in 2013. Dan just wanted them like he usually does. A great guy, but one who must have the best of everything (even he doesn’t realized that it isn’t, and frankly I did realized that myself.)

Glad you like your new microwave  ;).  But sorry you did not hear from Cathy.  I would so want my momma.  She took special care of us when we were sick.  She believed Coke, not Diet Coke, Real Coke helped nausea, so even today, I make Tim go buy me real Coke  :). Cathy doesn't understand how much it means to still have your mom when you go through something like this.  I hope she realizes it soon.  No more Samsung appliances for us either >:(. Love you , you are special 🌹Love to Dan and Pepper too🐱🐾⚙️🔨

Riddle Tuesday Trishy  :P :P. 

What gets wetter as it dries?

Well?

It’s for Trish, but I think it’s a towel. Hard to understand, but people keep drying their hands on a dish towel and putting it on a rack. And then they use it again while it’s hanging to dry. So it gets wetter.

It works that way around here anyway. The dish towel never really gets completely dry until we either leave or get things done and go to bed.

Well?

It’s for Trish, but I think it’s a towel. Hard to understand, but people keep drying their hands on a dish towel and putting it on a rack. And then they use it again while it’s hanging to dry. So it gets wetter.

It works that way around here anyway. The dish towel never really gets completely dry until we either leave or get things done and go to bed.

She's right it's a towel!! The towel gets wet as it dries your hands! 😁😜😂😂😂

Trishy and Mary. Thank you so much for your support. You are very special people. 💙💚💛💜  I've got my Mum and Rebecca coming over on Friday. I hope I feel better than this. 😵😵

Intend, great that you've got your microwave sorted. If only it was so easy with Cathy....

Hello and hope you have a good day Esp, Stut, NJ, Free and Cant.

Love and Hugs.  Gilly xxxxx 💕

Oh English, I hope you feel better too, I know what means to you to see your daughter and mum.  Love you much, my fingers are crossed girlfriend, Mary 🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Oh no English, what's going on? Is it bad thoughts, what's troubling you my friend? Is it sxs or the thought of having them over too overwhelming? Just taking some guesses but let us know how we can help..

Love to you,

Trish ❤️

Well?

Damn Intend, you got it , now I have to find another one  :laugh: :laugh:  she is as bad as me and she picks on me :laugh: :laugh:

Where is she anyway, she's never late for Tuesday Riddles cause she know I hate it :laugh: :laugh:

Well?

You hussy, Intend got it, not you :laugh: :laugh:

Well?

Read again D...I said intend was right! I didn't disagree with her, I AGREED with her, I couldn't help that she answered before I logged on so I'm keeping my 🏆🏆🏆🏆 and giving half of them to intend plus a🏅.. She's going to look great with that around her neck and so am I!😂😂😂

Intend, don't you answer this  :laugh:  :laugh:

What is overdressed and underdressed at the same time Trishy?    :D :D

The Thanksgiving day 🦃..a salad?? 🤣🤣🤣

Well?

:P :P ::)

Read again D...I said intend was right! I didn't disagree with her, I AGREED with her, I couldn't help that she answered before I logged on so I'm keeping my 🏆🏆🏆🏆 and giving half of them to intend plus a🏅.. She's going to look great with that around her neck and so am I!😂😂😂

Trish,

Mary got me on this. I’ll just say IM TIRED as my excuse.

Could be the turkey though. The turkey has a lot of dressing inside, and then people eat the turkey from the outside in.

Just not really sure. I’m not that good at riddles overall.

You are really very, very smart. 🌸🌼

Intend, don't you answer this  :laugh:  :laugh:

What is overdressed and underdressed at the same time Trishy?    :D :D

The Thanksgiving day 🦃..a salad?? 🤣🤣🤣

wrong :laugh:

It's a gorliia in a monkey suit  :P :P.  But turkey was a good guess  ;)

Trish,

Could be the turkey though. The turkey has a lot of dressing inside, and then people eat the turkey from the outside in.

She is smart!

She I

Trish,

Thank you intend for making a dumb ass like me feel smart! 😂

We could team up against her ever Tuesday for riddle day 😂😂

Read about your new microwave, hope you have better luck with your new one..

Here's your trophy🏆 and your 🏅 for getting one out of two 😂

Love to you my friend,

🌷🌺🌼🌸

Trish,

She is smart!

She I

Aww D  :hug: :hug:

So what is the answer?

Trish, you’re way better at riddles than I am.

You’re smart, clever, and just great.

This is me when it comes to riddles.  :crazy::idiot::sick::(???

Trish,

She is smart!

She I

Aww D  :hug: :hug:

Intend, I'm crushed, you have never said I'm smart  :'(

[f6...]