The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning ghost train! I hope you all come around to hang out with spooky Mary today!  :D

I hope you all have a good day.  :)

I am reading a lot of information about benzodiazepine use and withdrawal from Baylissa Frederick 's  books and while I find them good reads and informative they are increasing my anxiety. I can't seem to stop reading though. I want to make another small cut this Friday, it'll be 2 weeks since last cut.. I did go through a lot of medical testing and quite a lot of stress and anxiety from it last week but feel as though I can make another small cut this Friday. I'd love the advice and opinions of all who want to weigh in on this. You can see in my sig how much I am reducing as the amount at which I'm reducing is not changing as of yet.

Love you all,

Trish xo

I'm very torn about you cutting this week, it looks like you are cutting .0625,  quarter of a .25 pill.

You were so nervous and scared for days last week, I can't help but believe your cns and brain were set to fight and flight mode and you need to wait another week.  It's your decision, and you know I will support you now matter what.  Love you 😘 Mary

Good morning ghost train! I hope you all come around to hang out with spooky Mary today!  :D

I am reading a lot of information about benzodiazepine use and withdrawal from Baylissa Frederick 's  books and while I find them good reads and informative they are increasing my anxiety. I can't seem to stop reading though. I want to make another small cut this Friday, it'll be 2 weeks since last cut.. I did go through a lot of medical testing and quite a lot of stress and anxiety from it last week but feel as though I can make another small cut this Friday. I'd love the advice and opinions of all who want to weigh in on this. You can see in my sig how much I am reducing as the amount at which I'm reducing is not changing as of yet.

Love you all,

Trish xo

I'm very torn about you cutting this week, it looks like you are cutting .0625,  quarter of a .25 pill.

You were so nervous and scared for days last week, I can't help but believe your cns and brain were set to fight and flight mode and you need to wait another week.  It's your decision, and you know I will support you now matter what.  Love you 😘 Mary

Trishy,

I'm agreeing with Mary.  With the last cut you did get a bad headache didn't you and the uptick in anxiety?  If reading Baylissa's book is increasing your anxiety, perhaps waiting another week wouldn't hurt.  We don't want you to get yourself in a bad place.  Still, follow your own intuition, this is only my opinion. G.

free, my beautiful friend, I have looked all over for just a short greeting from our free, I can't find one.  Please be okay, I love you and there is huge whole in my morning.....just a couple emojis, would be a touch stone 💎, love you Mary 💙💙💙💙

Trishy, I am so confused about the whole process of cutting, I dont’t know how to answer you. I see a lot of myself in you, in that I also get terrified about everything I read. Baylissa’s book was very helpful in many ways, but their is no denying that she had a hard time. I haven’t read any success stories that don’t tell me that there is a lot of pain, before there is healing. If you get out easy, you don’t need to turn to B.B. I guess that is why we hear the worst. As for me, if I wait to feel well, I will never taper. But you do feel well sometimes, so that is a good sign. You will have stable times to make those cuts, but it doesn’t have to be this week if you think your fear level is too high. You did go through a trauma. Maybe you need more time to get past that fear. That is ok. The real question is, what do you feel is easier for you now? If I had to guess, I would bet that you will never return to the terrible place you were in last summer with that rapid taper. You are being very cautious and you have returned to a close to normal life. So, you can live comfortably with a long taper. As long as you want it to be. What you need most is a way to let go of the fear. Easy to say, very hard to do. I can’t do it. I have done two small cuts now. I feel no more terrible than I did before. But I do not feel as bad as I did last summer. You were not in relative withdrawal starting out, as I was. I think the rest of your taper will be tolerable. Maybe, when you are ready to cut, you could avoid the temptation to read other stories, at least if you are fearful. I can’t seem to stop doing it, and it does me no good. I don’t think I said any of this well. I hope it made some sense. You are going to heal. I believe it. Esperanza

Trishy, I am so confused about the whole process of cutting, I dont’t know how to answer you. I see a lot of myself in you, in that I also get terrified about everything I read. Baylissa’s book was very helpful in many ways, but their is no denying that she had a hard time. I haven’t read any success stories that don’t tell me that there is a lot of pain, before there is healing. If you get out easy, you don’t need to turn to B.B. I guess that is why we hear the worst. As for me, if I wait to feel well, I will never taper. But you do feel well sometimes, so that is a good sign. You will have stable times to make those cuts, but it doesn’t have to be this week if you think your fear level is too high. You did go through a trauma. Maybe you need more time to get past that fear. That is ok. The real question is, what do you feel is easier for you now? If I had to guess, I would bet that you will never return to the terrible place you were in last summer with that rapid taper. You are being very cautious and you have returned to a close to normal life. So, you can live comfortably with a long taper. As long as you want it to be. What you need most is a way to let go of the fear. Easy to say, very hard to do. I can’t do it. I have done two small cuts now. I feel no more terrible than I did before. But I do not feel as bad as I did last summer. You were not in relative withdrawal starting out, as I was. I think the rest of your taper will be tolerable. Maybe, when you are ready to cut, you could avoid the temptation to read other stories, at least if you are fearful. I can’t seem to stop doing it, and it does me no good. I don’t think I said any of this well. I hope it made some sense. You are going to heal. I believe it. Esperanza

You said it perfectly, there has been a pattern that has shown up for Trishy, she does have stable times to cut, she doesn't need to cut after a terrible week last week.  She can wait til that stability comes back.  I stay away from bad stories, that may be why I just can't make myself finish that Baylissa book.  Glad to see you on here Esperanza, you always give great advice.  I have been so sleepy today, it's been a fight to stay awake, it's not usually this bad.  It's dark and cool and I just want to sleep, mercy. Sly, however, has different plans  :D. Mary 💚💎

Thanks, cousin. Not sure how good my advice really is considering what a mess I am. But, I think Trishy is entitled to a week to recoup from all she went through last week or so. All that medical stuff would be enough to shake up anyone, much less someone going through this. Is Baylissa a B.B. member? Does she offer support? I know that is her profession and she has an online counseling service, but is she a buddie that will pm on specific issues, like we do in our little group? If so, do you know her fake name? I am always reluctant to impose unless I make sure it is ok. Hope your eyes are getting back to better than ever. Enjoy your nap on this dreary day. Love, E

Thanks, cousin. Not sure how good my advice really is considering what a mess I am. But, I think Trishy is entitled to a week to recoup from all she went through last week or so. All that medical stuff would be enough to shake up anyone, much less someone going through this. Is Baylissa a B.B. member? Does she offer support? I know that is her profession and she has an online counseling service, but is she a buddie that will pm on specific issues, like we do in our little group? If so, do you know her fake name? I am always reluctant to impose unless I make sure it is ok. Hope your eyes are getting back to better than ever. Enjoy your nap on this dreary day. Love, E

There are ways to contact her, she has a Facebook group, Blooming something, and she will take phone calls, but I don't believe she is on here.  I thought of looking at the Facebook group, and I know people love her.  I think she charges for everything but I don't know that, you might could go to our search and find a link somewhere in the notes or just ask a question on Withdrawal Support during taper.  I think there are a lot of people on bb that have contacted her. 

Hi folks. Baylissa's page is called Bloom in Wellness. It is based in Wales and charges £50 or £60 for a personal consultation on the phone. Not sure what that is in dollars.

Her book is called Recovery and Renewal. I know you are reading her other book that I've never read, Trishy. The thing is, if you are recognising the signs she talks about then in a way that should make you feel relieved. At least you know you are normal. And you will not get all the symptoms. Nobody does. Look up Bloom in Wellness if you like. She has online group meetings if you pay to join the group.

Trishy, I can't help but agree with the others. I think it might be an idea to hold for a while. I say that because you have a job. You can't afford to be messed up for weeks.

Trishy, Mary, Espy sorry if I've abandoned you. I hope what I've just said might help.

Love and Hugs.  Gilly xxx 💟💟💟

Sweet D, E , English.. Thank you all for your opinions and advice, I value all that you have to say. It's a tough decision about Friday but I always like to hear what you all think.

E, you're right I did go through a trauma, it seems my entire life has been a series of traumas from the time I was 3 yrs old. I've got PTSD to the nth degree.. It was never in the cards for me to have a relatively normal, easy life so to me it's unrealistic for me to even think that I'm going to get out of this easy but I still hope for that..🙏

Thank you for being such a kind, dear friend to me 😘

Sweet D and English I feel the same way about both of you and all the others here who have been so kind and helpful to me. Thank God for all of you and thank God there's a benzo buddies. 🙏🙏

Love you all,

Trish 💞

Hi folks. Baylissa's page is called Bloom in Wellness. It is based in Wales and charges £50 or £60 for a personal consultation on the phone. Not sure what that is in dollars.

Her book is called Recovery and Renewal. I know you are reading her other book that I've never read, Trishy. The thing is, it you are recognising the signs she talks about then in a way that should make you feel relieved. At least you know you are normal. And you will not get all the symptoms. Nobody does. Look up Bloom in Wellness if you like. She has online group meetings if you pay to join the group.

Trishy, I can't help but agree with the others. I think it might be an idea to hold for a while. I say that because you have a job. You can't afford to be messed up for weeks.

Trishy, Mary, Espy sorry if I've abandoned you. I hope what I've just said might help.

Hi English! I think it's 65 to 79 dollars for a consultation then at least that's what Alexa says Lol!

I guess I should look at the sxs she mentions as you say as normal.. Just shook me to see I've had some of them for so long and never linked it to my benzo as the cause.

I will wait and see what Friday brings but I'm leaning toward waiting one more week.

I'm reading that other book you just mentioned now.. But might put it aside for awhile. I would like to know though how she tapered, the successful taper she used for herself I haven't seen how she did it, do you know what her method of tapering was?

😘💞💞

Love you all,

Trish xo

Trishy,

I'm agreeing with Mary.  With the last cut you did get a bad headache didn't you and the uptick in anxiety?  If reading Baylissa's book is increasing your anxiety, perhaps waiting another week wouldn't hurt.  We don't want you to get yourself in a bad place.  Still, follow your own intuition, this is only my opinion. G.

Thank you Gingermint, I appreciate your opinion and please feel free to always offer me your opinion and any advice, it's very welcomed.

You're such a nice lady 😊

Trish

Her book is called Recovery and Renewal. I know you are reading her other book that I've never read, Trishy. The thing is, it you are recognising the signs she talks about then in a way that should make you feel relieved. At least you know you are normal. And you will not get all the symptoms. Nobody does. Look up Bloom in Wellness if you like. She has online group meetings if you pay to join the group.

Hey England. Love you even if you have forgotten us ;). Thanks for the info on Baylissa, that's the book I have.  Pets for Tilly 🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

You are SO cheeky, Lady Mary! I do try to get on here at least once a day.... English xxx 💟💟💟

[/quote

I know you do girlfriend, just picking on you ;). You sound good, that makes me happy  :D :D

Trishy, I think she had two failed tapers before her last. She attributed a lot of her suffering to that. Doesn’t apply to you at all. Repeat tapers are usually harder. Your taper is slow. At least it seems that way to me. I really still believe your worst days are over. Yes, you have had a lot of trauma in your life. And when a person has more than their share, it is only natural to fear what is coming. Believe me, I know. But we both know that the past can’t really predict the future. I think it might be a good thing for me to try to avoid some of the scary stories. That will be hard, because they are easy to find. And I can’t stop myself from looking, but it never does anything but hurt me. It really does me no good to know someone had many years of suffering, even if they end up saying they are starting to heal. I just think, ok, you were totally in torment for three years and six and a half months, so I will too. Oh, no, you tapered slower than me! That means I will suffer for at least five years and two months. Truthfully, that is what I do. Which just ends up making me feel worse than I already do. We shall see how I do with that. Can you take a week and not even think about Benzos or tapering, just to give yourself a rest? Do a Scarlet O’Hara and “think about that tomorrow”? Just a thought. Might be a good birthday present to yourself. Love you, E

Trishy, I think she had two failed tapers before her last. She attributed a lot of her suffering to that. Doesn’t apply to you at all. Repeat tapers are usually harder. Your taper is slow. At least it seems that way to me. I really still believe your worst days are over. Yes, you have had a lot of trauma in your life. And when a person has more than their share, it is only natural to fear what is coming. Believe me, I know. But we both know that the past can’t really predict the future. I think it might be a good thing for me to try to avoid some of the scary stories. That will be hard, because they are easy to find. And I can’t stop myself from looking, but it never does anything but hurt me. It really does me no good to know someone had many years of suffering, even if they end up saying they are starting to heal. I just think, ok, you were totally in torment for three years and six and a half months, so I will too. Oh, no, you tapered slower than me! That means I will suffer for at least five years and two months. Truthfully, that is what I do. Which just ends up making me feel worse than I already do. We shall see how I do with that. Can you take a week and not even think about Benzos or tapering, just to give yourself a rest? Do a Scarlet O’Hara and “think about that tomorrow”? Just a thought. Might be a good birthday present to yourself. Love you, E

Boy, I don't have any problems not reading bad stories, I move on like I picked up a hot frying pan.  I demand you both do the same :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  :D

E, we're so alike, I told myself I wouldn't read anymore of her book and I went and did it again tonight.. Big mistake! I began to feel as though no matter how slow I'm going taking only about 5% away at a time every two or so weeks that it's hopeless to get off this drug without mental and physical torture. I began to think what's the point of doing this at all why not just Chase after Drs the rest of my life if I have to go through hell to get off this drug no matter how I taper. I felt very disheartened and then I put my Kindle down and came back here and read this post by you and felt a little hopeful again. Thank you my dear friend.. There just has to be a way off without torture.. There just has to be..

Trish 💞

Boy, I don't have any problems not reading bad stories, I move on like I picked up a hot frying pan.  I demand you both do the same :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  :D

♨️ 🍳 point taken sweet D! 🤬 ouch!!

Espy, Didn't Baylissa have two "cold turkeys"? I think that's why her experience was so bad. Trishy is going slowly, as you know, so no chance of so-called "kindling".

Trishy, I don't think you realise how well you are doing. You've made great progress already. There is no rush. We are all on your side.

Mary, yes, thanks, I am doing okay at the moment. Don't know how long it will last, but I'll take it for now!

Love and Hugs. Gilly xxx 💟💟💟

Trishy, I wrote that before I read your last post. It is natural to feel scared. Very scared. But you will have times when you aren't so bad because you've shown that pattern already. You will get better. Definitely.

Espy, Didn't Baylissa have two "cold turkeys"? I think that's why her experience was so bad. Trishy is going slowly, as you know, so no chance of so-called "kindling".

Trishy, I don't think you realise how well you are doing. You've made great progress already. There is no rush. We are all on your side.

Mary, yes, thanks, I am doing okay at the moment. Don't know how long it will last, but I'll take it for now!

Love and Hugs. Gilly xxx 💟💟💟

Thanks English, you've no idea what it means to me to have the support of this group. Without you guys cheering me on I'd totally fold and probably resolve to find a way to stay on forever..I truly mean that. I don't think I'd continue, benzos are a bad nightmare with no easy escape and I just feel like nothing in my life ever came easy for me and in fact it really hasn't but I know as bad as it has been there are others who are way worse off than I am so I'll shut my mouth and end this little pity party I've fallen into and instead be grateful for what I do have and what has been good.

😘💞💞💞

Trishy, I wrote that before I read your last post. It is natural to feel scared. Very scared. But you will have times when you aren't so bad because you've shown that pattern already. You will get better. Definitely.

See what would I do without you and all my people here 🏵️🌹🌸💐🌺🌻🌼 for you..

[10...]