Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Well D I'm going to call it a night, hope you sleep well and I'll see you on the train in the morning.

Night girlfriend and all others who might be on the sidelines reading.

Be well everyone,

Trish

Also D, there was a time I was on 3mgs and only tapered down on my own bc I thought that I didn't need so much Xanax! I went slow tapering only because I knew I could have a seizure if I went down too fast, little did I know that there was way more to be afraid of than just that.. Like you said not enough knowledge, how sad..

I wasn't feeling any of the mental things, I still loved my xanax but my stomach was killing me.  Went to gastro, had alll the tests , found nothing, stuck my med list in his face, xanax at top, said nothing on there could cause problem.  Then Tim stumbled across a short article talking about benzo's an stomach issues and by then, I was in so much pain, I cut like 50%, like an idiot, but only for a day or two before I started researching and went back up.  Went from 2 mgs to 1.25 slower but still way to fast and found Ashton.  My Dr willing to help, cross over way to fast for me, Valium just was awful.  Stuck it out by lowering Valium and adding back in .5 xanax and lowering Valium, started titrating after holding a few weeks, rest is in my signature.  Down to 10.76 v now and titrating slow.  All our stories are so different but so similar.  It's amazing.  Hey how is your son?

Trishy, good for you having your hair done. I hope you like it. I cut mine yesterday. I can't see round the back so I'll have to get Dave to check it. It's better than it was!

Love, English xxx 💟💟💟

Hi English, yes I like my cut and color, I went from being a beige/blonde with hair a few inches past my shoulders to shoulder length dark strawberry blonde :D.. My hubby loves it too! I swear Everytime I change it up he thinks he's got a girlfriend 😂...nah Rich is a very good man who came home from work with flowers for me bc he felt so bad for all that I went through this week. I know you ladies talk about your good husbands but Rich is in the top ten so we need to add this guy to the list, he gives me whatever I want and is an easy going patient, quiet guy. He's always treated me like gold and I'm so grateful for him. I don't think any other man could tolerate all my anxiety issues.. But I guess it's a two way street, I saw him through 17 yrs of alcoholism many years ago and I know he's grateful I didn't leave him. Anyway enough of that ramble? 😂😂.. So how's your cut English, do you like it? Tell us what your hair looks like! 😁

It was obvious you had a good husband girlfriend, you are a happy woman going through wd, and married, means only one thing......great hubby ;). He's been on the list :D

Good night you wonderful bunch of ladies with good hair cuts :(love you all and hope you sleep peace fully, Mary 💜☮️🙏☮️💜🙏. 💕❤️💚💙❣️

Stut, my Queen hope you are doing well and holding up with all the responsibilities you have.  We all love and miss you fiercely, your Lady Mary 🐕🐶🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀.          ❤️.    😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Trishy, I don't mind telling you about my cancer, but I'll keep it fairly brief because I don't want to take over the thread.

I found out I had breast cancer in 2008. I had a biopsy taken and when the results came back I was told that I had cancer. I went apeshit in the hospital. It must have been the shock. I just stood in the room with the doctor and I was going "Fucking hell! Fucking hell!" for ages. I do not normally act like that!

Anyway, I found out eventually that it was a nasty, fast-growing type of cancer, but they'd found it before it had spread. It was a triple negative cancer, which meant that it was not connected to my hormones. Most bc is. So I don't have the genetic code for bc, which Rebecca is relieved about!

I had surgery for a lumpectomy - they could take out the lump without a mastectomy. So they did that and they took my lymph nodes out from under my arm. The cancer travels to these lymph glands first. They do this to be absolutely sure. So I had the operation, then I had chemotherapy and then I had radiotherapy. They wanted to be as sure as they could be that they'd got rid of it.

All this took quite a lot of time, but that is the basic story.

So, there we go! No problem talking about it.

Interesting that you're reading Baylissa's book. I have "Recovery and Renewal" by her, but I've never read the one you're reading. She is an amazing woman.

Keep on keeping on, Blackpool Betty! We're all very proud of you.

Love and Hugs.  English xxx 💟💟💟

Mary, please don't think my hair looks good! Lol! I've had a painter and decorator (Dave) doing the back of it! I can't go to the hairdressers yet.

Anyway, look at your wonderful purple hair! We should be jealous of you!  :laugh: :laugh:

Love and Hugs.  Gilly xxx 💟💟💟

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

I couldn't let this day pass without wishing you all a happy Paddy's Day and l hope you all have fun drowning your shamrock.

Lady Mary, Trish, Gilly,Free, Esperanza and everyone l neglected to mention l miss you all and am willing you on.l haven't had time to catch up but remember this too will pass and just keep on keeping on.l know it isn't easy or pleasant but we have been through hardships in the past and we can and will get through this.

Sending you all my love and remember keep on keeping on.

Love and hugs Stut X

Trishy, I don't mind telling you about my cancer, but I'll keep it fairly brief because I don't want to take over the thread.

I found out I had breast cancer in 2008. I had a biopsy taken and when the results came back I was told that I had cancer. I went apeshit in the hospital. It must have been the shock. I just stood in the room with the doctor and I was going "Fucking hell! Fucking hell!" for ages. I do not normally act like that!

Anyway, I found out eventually that it was a nasty, fast-growing type of cancer, but they'd found it before it had spread. It was a triple negative cancer, which meant that it was not connected to my hormones. Most bc is. So I don't have the genetic code for bc, which Rebecca is relieved about!

I had surgery for a lumpectomy - they could take out the lump without a mastectomy. So they did that and they took my lymph nodes out from under my arm. The cancer travels to these lymph glands first. They do this to be absolutely sure. So I had the operation, then I had chemotherapy and then I had radiotherapy. They wanted to be as sure as they could be that they'd got rid of it.

Interesting that you're reading Baylissa's book. I have "Recovery and Renewal" by her, but I've never read the one you're reading. She is an amazing woman.

English,

How terrifying..I can only imagine what you went through :(  however, I'm glad they caught it early! I'm no stranger to cancer in the sense that close family members have had it. My father, yes my FATHER had breast cancer and our family was shocked! I was 18 yrs old at the time. My father went to the Dr because one side of his chest in the nipple area was sinking in so long story short he had a growth the size of a small potato in his right breast. It was cancer. My sister's and I were tested about 5 yrs ago had genetic testing and we all carry a breast cancer gene called ATM  It's not BRACA  so we're grateful for that, because that would have been worse than the one we have they also found we carry another genetic one called PMS 1 or PMS 2 can't even remember but anyway we are at a higher risk for breast cancer and other cancers as well. So I'm tested by mammogram and ultrasound every 6 months. I have to go March 25th. Just made the appt. I was suppose to go last August but I was just healing from a bad withdrawal so I didn't care to go, didn't really care about much then. I should have gone again in January so I've missed two appts. I always am a nervous wreck when I have to go. They were first checking us by MRI and mammogram until I had a major panic attack in the MRI machine and then I refused to go back in. So that's why they use ultrasound along with mammogram for me. One of my niece's also had colon cancer and died in 2008 at age 27 from it. That's how I started or why at my Dr's instructions that I began taking my then 3mgs of Xanax 3 times a day until one day some yrs later I decided I didn't need all that Xanax anymore but only had the knowledge that a seizure could happen if I went too fast so I every 2 weeks I cut a quarter of a 1 mg pill until I got down to 2 mgs. I stayed there until my Dr who always told me I needed to stay on my Xanax for the rest of my life did a 180 one day and said I needed to get off that drug and I had 6 weeks to do it, what an asshole ! Anyway, he's gone and that's how I ended up here. So anyway English I can relate to you a little in the way of your cancer because it has plagued my family for what seems like years.

Thank you for sharing your story with me , I think you're an amazingly brave woman and I think the world of you. You and everyone here are what gives me the courage to keep going forward in this battle.

Much love to you English,

Trish <3<3<3

What's the craic twiny?

Love and hugs Stut X

Hey my TWIN!!!!! IF YOU COULD ONLY SEE MY SMILE RIGHT NOW :D How are you and where the CRAIC have you been?  :laugh: :laugh: We miss you!!!

Lol l thought you had fainted 😧.l am very busy rehabilitating sis she is staying with me for the foreseeable until l get her back to where she was.lt is hard and relentless but l am determined to get her the best quality of life she can have.

How's you are you feeling any better my love?

Love and hugs Stut X

Happy St Patrick's day twin! It's a stupid ass holiday here! Although, my apologies to anyone who celebrates it. I'm Irish and I don't celebrate it, no green beer or corned beef and cabbage for this lady! Lol!!! I have the luck of a dead leprechaun!  :D

I'll give a big shout out though to all who celebrates it though! Shamrock and 4 leaf clovers for all :laugh: :laugh:

Tomorrow is the real holiday! It's my BIRTHDAY!!  :D :D I expect everyone to remember too! :D:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

56 yrs ago tomorrow my father heard for the 6th time IT'S A GIRL!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love and good luck leprechauns for all! :D

Trish

Lol l thought you had fainted 😧.l am very busy rehabilitating sis she is staying with me for the foreseeable until l get her back to where she was.lt is hard and relentless but l am determined to get her the best quality of life she can have.

How's you are you feeling any better my love?

Love and hugs Stut X

Oh twiny, I didn't know it was that bad. You've taken on a lot.. Make sure you're caring for yourself as well. I admire your strong will and determination but you must think of you too!

I'm feeling better but went through hell!! But such is the case with me since last year. One damn thing after another 🤪

I had to switch to my phone my tablet is going to slow, something is working with it! Uhgg!!

Love and miss you much my twin!!💓💞💞💞

Oh condolences my twin you are on the wrong side of 50 😖😵.We are getting old.l would love to have a pint of the black stuff today to drown my shamrock but l will put it off for a wee while.Are you doing anything special for your birthday like perhaps looking for a nice nursing home or something along that line 😲😳.

Love and hugs Stut X

Oh condolences my twin you are on the wrong side of 50 😖😵.We are getting old.l would love to have a pint of the black stuff today to drown my shamrock but l will put it off for a wee while.Are you doing anything special for your birthday like perhaps looking for a nice nursing home or something along that line 😲😳.

Love and hugs Stut X

😂😂😂 No nursing home shopping today!! I am going to an aquarium that I love, we're celebrating my birthday today because everyone is off from work. I love watching the jelly fish at this aquarium.. These beautiful deadly creatures have a peace about them that I love to watch. So I sit there and watch them gracefully, peacefully float through the water.. Something so calming about it. I know it doesn't sound like an exciting day but that's all I want to do. My daughter has made my favorite cake, spice cake, and we'll all come back here to my house later for it . 😃

So twin, we have two birthdays.. We're the only twins in the world who can say that! So how will you celebrate this one?! 😂 😂..

Love and hugs Stut X

😂😂😂 No nursing home shopping today!! I am going to an aquarium that I love, we're celebrating my birthday today because everyone is off from work. I love watching the jelly fish at this aquarium.. These beautiful deadly creatures have a peace about them that I love to watch. So I sit there and watch them gracefully, peacefully float through the water.. Something so calming about it. I know it doesn't sound like an exciting day but that's all I want to do. My daughter has made my favorite cake, spice cake, and we'll all come back here to my house later for it . 😃

Oh that sounds perfect l think it is the simplest things that mean the most.Have a wonderful day my twin and remember you are stronger than you think and you will get through whatever this damn withdrawal throws at you.l know you have anxiety but it is definitely increased so accept it and never ever give up.l may not be here as much but l am willing you on.

I haven't decided how l will celebrate this one yet l might go to the beach with my entourage l think it will be sunny here so pondering that one.Don't you worry twiny l will make it one to remember 😜

.. love you my lST.

Love and hugs Stut X

Twin so glad I caught you even if it was just for a second! Miss you, and I'm so glad to know that I'm the older twin 😜.. Come back as often as you can, we all miss you around here but totally get the fact that your sis is your number one priority as it should be, however, please remember to take care of yourself too.. You can't do sis any good if you're not well and I know you were in acute! 😳

Gotta run off and do some things before I leave for the aquarium in a few hrs.

Happy GREEN day to you! 😂😂 🍀💚🍀💚🍀💚

Love you much my young sexier, younger than me twin! ...Wow I really got the shit end of the stick in this twin relationship 🤣🤣

💚💚💚

Twin so glad I caught you even if it was just for a second! Miss you, and I'm so glad to know that I'm the older twin 😜.. Come back as often as you can, we all miss you around here but totally get the fact that your sis is your number one priority as it should be, however, please remember to take care of yourself too.. You can't do sis any good if you're not well and I know you were in acute! 😳

Gotta run off and do some things before I leave for the aquarium in a few hrs.

Happy GREEN day to you! 😂😂 🍀💚🍀💚🍀💚

Love you much my young sexier, younger than me twin! ...Wow I really got the shit end of the stick in this twin relationship 🤣🤣

💚💚💚

Lol you did lol.

Love you twiny have a ball.

Love you my lST etc.

Love and hugs Stut X

I couldn't let this day pass without wishing you all a happy Paddy's Day and l hope you all have fun drowning your shamrock.

Lady Mary, Trish, Gilly,Free, Esperanza and everyone l neglected to mention l miss you all and am willing you on.l haven't had time to catch up but remember this too will pass and just keep on keeping on.l know it isn't easy or pleasant but we have been through hardships in the past and we can and will get through this.

Love and hugs Stut X

Stut what is drowning the shamrock?  Is that like bobbing for apples  :D :D.  Love you woman. Tell your sister we love her too and think of you both everyday .  She will understand, I know it.

Pet Socks, The Muffin , and Daisy for me 🐶🐕🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾.      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Oh how terrifying English.  Love you so much, wish you didn't now have this to go through, that just sucks.  I bet your hair looks great  ;). Love to Tilly and Dave.  🐈🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾.    🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Rise and drown that damn shamrock this morning  :D, May the Wind be at your back when I blow these kisses 😘😘😘😘😘 , know I love you all ,hope you all have a good day.  Mary 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀.    💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚D[/lcolor]

Love and hugs Stut X

Stut what is drowning the shamrock?  Is that like bobbing for apples  :D :D.  Love you woman. Tell your sister we love her too and think of you both everyday .  She will understand, I know it.

Good morning my lady Mary drowning your shamrock is having a little drink or 10 as we in the emerald Isle are all very good at.😀. Anyhoo how are you my love still hanging in there?I just read Gilly's post what an ordeal however thank God you made it through.That is two cancer survivors we have here.What a strong bunch of ladies we have gathered up.

Love and hugs Stut X

Love and hugs Stut X

Good morning my lady Mary drowning your shamrock is having a little drink or 10 as we in the emerald Isle are all very good at.😀. Anyhoo how are you my love still hanging in there?I just read Gilly's post what an ordeal however thank God you made it through.That is two cancer survivors we have here.What a strong bunch of ladies we have gathered up.

Love and hugs Stut X

Love you too Stut, so much💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

[45...]