"America's Most Poisonous Pill"

[39...]

It was awesome schatje!  Just awesome!  Thankyou so much for sharing that with us.  Our letters to people or our representatives in government don't have to be perfect, the fact that they aren't perfect gives the recipients a sense that 'this is a real person who has been victimized.'

The only important thing is that we be truthful in telling our story.

I thought it was wonderful how you brought in the fact that you are a wife and mother, and how you were simply following your doctors instructions.  So many people automatically assume a person has been acting criminally when it comes to addictions.  You made it crystal clear that you are just an average everyday stay at home Mom, and if this can happen to you, it could happen to anybody.

Well done!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pe...]

• [...]

• [va...]

• [Sc...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Great letter Schatje - thank you for doing that.  I'd love to be in the newsroom when they read these things and hear what they say - somewhere, someone has got to be paying attention.

Hoping

[51...]

I know.   :(  I didn't mention that to them though (using Clonazepam instead of Klonopin)...it was kind of an "after thought" when I replied to this post.   :)  I'm sure me writing them won't do anything - unfortunately - but it's worth a try.  I can't just sit back and watch others suffer from a doctor's greed or lack of education. 

Well, we can try to make a difference. One day, hopefully we will be heard.

:)

I can't just sit back and watch others suffer from a doctor's greed or lack of education. 

I agree!

I'm working on a few things myself to a few doctors. I will not show the letter or Email, but it isn't pretty.

S#

[51...]

So nice to know people are not just sitting back being silent victims!  That's great S#!!!

Everyone of us should write our prescribing doctor a letter! I have let it go, yet I think she needs to know what the Klonopin really does.

It does make me sick.. especially in my worse of waves.. to think, "Here she is sitting back in good health and living it up.. and me? I'm going through withdrawal"!

We need to be heard! It's something that needs to not be silenced.

S#

I wrote my prescribing doctor a letter a year ago at the beginning of my taper.  It was not an emotional angry letter, but I'm sure he could read between the lines.  He had prescribed my Klon in 2004 and retired in 2007.  I had seen him for many years and we had what I would call a good relationship.  Since then, I'd seen two other p-docs who'd continued my prescription.  I told him that, where Klonopin was concerned, I didn't feel well served by the medical community.  I told him all that had happened to me on the Klon and since I started my horrible taper.  The response?  Well, let me just say the silence has been deafening.  Sigma, I hope you have better luck.  ~~mbr

[51...]

mbr~

I wrote my prescribing doctor a letter a year ago at the beginning of my taper.  It was not an emotional angry letter, but I'm sure he could read between the lines.

Actually, you were correct to do that because I don't think anger will get us anywhere with them  :(

Maybe best to write a letter by expressing it in ways like you explained.

One day, one day.. just maybe it will change.

It's better to say something IMO than let it slide.

S#

• 4 weeks later...
Theres some kind of a "black box warning" petition to sign going for the FDA. I cant find it. Does anyone know about this or could post a link ?

Check Ablow's 'ouvre', if he may be said to have one. What a narcissist. What an ego, even if he is empty at the middle. Yeesh. :idiot:

• 2 weeks later...