I stopped cold turkey a month ago...now what do I do?

[ti...]

I'm afraid to ask, what is Polish Easter soup???

Ham, pork, polish smoked sausage, unsmoked polish sausage, eggs, farmer's cheese, beef?, horseradish, all in a sour fermented rye soup base. It's the only soup my boys like, and it's only served at Easter.

No, there is no punch line. :)

Re: On my Way Again,

« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2008, 09:44:44 AM 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh yeah..........also should mention I keep testing the bar of soap in my bed too.  changed my bed again and forgot to put soap bars back in and within 3 days I had my legs cramps and charley horses back big time.

put them               

TG, this actually works for restless legs!  Several people on the forum have tried it and have excellent results. I use small bars of soap, like the kind you get at a hotel, and put 2 on each side of the bed at the end.  It has done wonders for my husband.

didn't do a damn thing for my RLS.  :laugh:

didn't do a damn thing for my RLS.  :laugh:

http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/0002006E.gif

Well, Tony I don't know what to tell you! :P  My husband doesn't get rls or charley horses anymore and I am thankful for that!!!  One less thing that wakes me up! :laugh:

I figured I would update my status now.  Yesterday wasn't such a good day.  I think I know why.  I got busy and did not eat anything for several hours - this is not a good idea.  I felt extremely nauseated and dizzy until I finally ate some cheeseburgers...it helped almost immediately.  Last night I did not take the tylenol pm for sleep.  I didn't sleep as well, but this morning I feel better and more energetic.  I had just one short bout of dizziness and now I feel good.  I notice some depersonalization feeling, but nothing that prevents me from living my day.

I was wondering....what is the 'bar of soap' thing y'all were talking about? 

It's an old wives tale that doesn't work. It's supposed to cure/prevent restless legs syndrome. Since rls is a brain disorder due to iron depletion, it seems pretty silly that sleeping with a bar of soap would cure it, lol!

That said, maybe it works for muscle cramps, but not rls. If it does, it's due to the placebo effect, or you just don't have rls.  :pokey:

It's an old wives tale that doesn't work. It's supposed to cure/prevent restless legs syndrome. Since rls is a brain disorder due to iron depletion, it seems pretty silly that sleeping with a bar of soap would cure it, lol!

That said, maybe it works for muscle cramps, but not rls. If it does, it's due to the placebo effect, or you just don't have rls.  :pokey:

My husband has never been diagnosed with rls, but he did have charley horses several times a week and he doesn't any more.  He freaks out if the soap isn't in the bed, I don't know if it's placebo or not but whatever it is it's working for him.

Ha ha ha!!!  So I take it that you place the bars of soap under the covers near the end of the bed?  And then somehow the aroma or what??? makes the legs calm down...Old wives tale...funny.  I guess it most likely can help the mind 'think' it will help and the brain is very powerful.  Anything positive is good....no matter if it actually works or not.  If it can help some to do this - then that is a good thing, I guess.  As far as myself, I don't have RLS - just tingling at times more like pins & needles.  I guess I have been pretty lucky.  I know I am not completely out of the woods yet, but I am on the path....I want to offer hope to all my new friends here.

yes it worked for me too.   jumped out of bed every morning with painful charley horses.  also had general leg aching etc.

it's a no cost thing.  just stick a bar of soap in your bed under the fitted sheet.  see if your leg RLS or aches or pains or charley horses go away.

I heard it here first.  I've forgotten who originally posted it, but it worked wonders for me.

So does taking a half onion to bed with me and sniffing it several times and putting it on my nightstand.  

juleswife

it's works like an aroma therapy I guess.  I read it somewhere so thought I would try it.

just cut any old cooking onion if half.  when you go to bed take several perhaps 3 or 4 nice long slow sniffs.  not so close to the face that it smarts,  but then put the onion on your nightstand.

there's something soothing in the aroma .

juleswife

Hi friends,

I am here to update again in hopes that it will help someone. Once again night before last, I took no sleep aid...but got only a couple of hours of sleep.  Yesterday I felt tired and felt some dizziness and headaches...but those could be because of the weakened state of the body from the lack of sleep.  I have had more headaches in the past few weeks than I have had in my whole life.  In spite of the withdrawal symptoms though, I feel better (less rage, anger and panic) than I have in the past three years on clonazepam...go figure!!!  I feel a little 'unreal' at times and would rather not be around people...but I force myself to go to work anyways and realizing that these feelings are part of the withdrawal helps me to cope with it and live my day anyways.  I thought I would probably sleep well last night because I was tired...but I couldn't..so I took just one Tylenol PM and then I fell asleep an hour or so later.  Because I just woke up...I will post a little later and update as to how I feel today.  I don't know quite yet.

A little update...no more Tylenol PM for me...today, I feel very dizzy and tingling is worse and I would rather have no sleep than to feel this way.  Hopefully will feel better after some breakfast and juice.

In spite of the withdrawal symptoms though, I feel better (less rage, anger and panic) than I have in the past three years on clonazepam...go figure!!!

That's good news Tileguy. Less panic is always a good thing. :thumbsup: Good luck bro!

T

A little update...no more Tylenol PM for me...today, I feel very dizzy and tingling is worse and I would rather have no sleep than to feel this way.  Hopefully will feel better after some breakfast and juice.

It's good that you are monitoring your body so well, it'll let you know what works for you and what doesn't.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for your continued support, friends.  I do seem to be doing quite well...not fully back to the old me, but making progress.  Yesterday, I did suffer for a while (because of the Tylenol PM - I think) but as the day went along, I felt better and then forced myself out of bed to do something productive.  I am remodeling my kitchen.  After setting tile on the backsplash...I felt alot better.  Then I (even though I know better) had some beers with my crew.  As I went to bed, I felt a sense of dread for what I figured would be a 'bad' day coming today...ha ha ha!  Granted, I don't feel great today (headache) but its not as bad as I thought it would be.  I think I am recovering more quickly than I anticipated I would - or else I am just becoming adjusted to the symptoms - but either way..its a good thing.  I hope that by reporting all of this, I am offering hope to you all and providing some kind of information that will be of help to someone else.  Have a great weekend! 

Awesome! I am genuinely delighted for you bro. Maybe your one of those people who gets over it fairly easily. I hope so.  :thumbsup:

http://www.freedominmessiah.com/t8.gif

TG, coming off a ct you are doing great!!!!  Just being able to work is wonderful, a lot of people can't do that with tapering.  So hang in there, I would say you are well on your way to recovery!