Close to the end of taper getting harder

[I ...]

Hello,

I am currently on 0.0701 mg of Xanax.  Some new symptoms have come up/evolved.  I constantly feel sick.  Beyond normal benzo flu.  Everyday I am so down, can't physically move, and can't shake the feeling of doom.   

My joints are hurting and I can't explain it.  My fingers,  my knees,  my elbows.

The sinus pressure has gone up to 11.  Above my eyes, below my eyes. My ears.  Chewing makes me dizzy, talking and breathing makes me dizzy.

Has this happened to any else.  Is this "normal"?

Yes I too have gotten sinus pressure and aching joints....but mine is like benzonflu....

You are very unwell....oh my....if only we had doctors who could reassure us...

I'm sorry

Hi I am trying my best,

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling so horrible.

I also get sinus pressure, around my head, eyes, jaw, ears, etc, often moving and changing in intensity; it was absolutely unbearable when I overdosed on CBD and it was pretty bad again for the beginning of my benzo taper. Now I've pretty much gotten used to headaches and sinus pain, but I realize that's largely because it's so SO much less than it was before.

Your increasing symptoms suggest to me that your body might need time to catch up with your reductions. Would you considering holding until you see improvements? IME benzo tapering isn't a process that benefits at all from rushing.

I began clonazepam about the same time you started alprazolam; I have been slow tapering since February and I am almost always seeing a gradual over-all reduction in my symptom intensity. If my symptom tread was increasing I would be holding or like recently, reducing my taper rate.

I hope you can find a way forward that leads to greater functionality.

Let us know on the taper boards if you need help troubleshooting your approach. :thumbsup:

Hello,

I am currently on 0.0701 mg of Xanax.  Some new symptoms have come up/evolved.  I constantly feel sick.  Beyond normal benzo flu.  Everyday I am so down, can't physically move, and can't shake the feeling of doom.   

My joints are hurting and I can't explain it.  My fingers,  my knees,  my elbows.

The sinus pressure has gone up to 11.  Above my eyes, below my eyes. My ears.  Chewing makes me dizzy, talking and breathing makes me dizzy.

Has this happened to any else.  Is this "normal"?

I am feeling all of those things plus pots and adrenaline surges every one and a half hours through out the night. It’s down right scary. I am holding but doesn’t seem to improve