Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Klonopin

[Fa...]

Hello Pamster,

yes I got into this and now I guess I have two problems and I don't know how to start.

Do you have programs where you live for people who abuse alcohol?  That might be a good place to start.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fa...]

• [Qu...]

• [Pa...]

• [Li...]

But I can't manage to cut down on benzos and alcohol.

No, I have not found anything yet.

Hello Pamster,

yes I got into this and now I guess I have two problems and I don't know how to start.

Do you have programs where you live for people who abuse alcohol?  That might be a good place to start.

Hello Pamster,

I can't anymore, I was a pretty nice friendly woman, now I feel like a wreck that is collapsing. I am desperate and sooo sad 😢

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

is the idea of trying a whole flurazepam bad?

And slowly down with the water solution method.

I know it's a risk...that's why I didn't do it.

Or do you guys think klonopin is easier?

I would prefer to just throw everything in the trash.

It's a horrible situation...

Can't describe it...if I raise I'm already afraid of reducing. A vicious circle.

Flurazepam has a longer half life than Klonopin and if you're already taking it then that might be the better option, are you thinking about converting the Klonopin to Flurazepam or tapering one then the other?

Have you stopped drinking alcohol, that would probably be a good first step before beginning a taper.

Flurazepam has a longer half life than Klonopin and if you're already taking it then that might be the better option, are you thinking about converting the Klonopin to Flurazepam or tapering one then the other?

Have you stopped drinking alcohol, that would probably be a good first step before beginning a taper.

Hello Pamster,

no I haven't quite stopped yet, it's harder than I thought.

But it can't go on like this.

I am so sad 😢

Pamster,

how did you stop? Did you go to the clinic? How much did you drink?

If you don't mind me asking.

There are two reasons to stop drinking before you attempt a taper and yes, I went through a detox program.

The first is your judgement is impaired when you drink and its likely you won't be able to stick to your taper because you'll find a way to justify using alcohol to cope with the withdrawal symptoms, our willpower goes out the window when we drink.

Second is that alcohol affects the same receptors in your brain that benzo's do so if you drink, you're actually supplementing the drug you're attempting to taper from.

I may be unfairly comparing you to me, you may have better judgement than I did when I drank. 

There are two reasons to stop drinking before you attempt a taper and yes, I went through a detox program.

The first is your judgement is impaired when you drink and its likely you won't be able to stick to your taper because you'll find a way to justify using alcohol to cope with the withdrawal symptoms, our willpower goes out the window when we drink.

Second is that alcohol affects the same receptors in your brain that benzo's do so if you drink, you're actually supplementing the drug you're attempting to taper from.

I may be unfairly comparing you to me, you may have better judgement than I did when I drank.

Hello Pamster

all good I wanted an honest opinion after all.

I have already reduced the alcohol, but now I take a whole Flurazepam.

But it has to go away completely, I know.

Instead of feeling defeated about increasing the Flurazepam maybe you could reframe your thinking to say that by eliminating alcohol and replacing it with Flurazepam you're getting rid of one of the substances that's impeding your recovery. 

Quitting drinking is tough because it can represent a social outlet, a lifestyle, an addiction or many other things to us but if you can do this then you can get down to the serious business of eliminating your dependence on benzo's. 

Instead of feeling defeated about increasing the Flurazepam maybe you could reframe your thinking to say that by eliminating alcohol and replacing it with Flurazepam you're getting rid of one of the substances that's impeding your recovery. 

Quitting drinking is tough because it can represent a social outlet, a lifestyle, an addiction or many other things to us but if you can do this then you can get down to the serious business of eliminating your dependence on benzo's.

Thank you very much Pamster,

only the increase is not enough.

I do not know what else to do.

Love greeting

• 3 weeks later...

Hello dear ones,

I have been taking 1 whole (27.42mg) Flurazepam for a couple of weeks now. But I notice that this does me no good.

I got a rash, my legs are all shaky, I feel dizzy etc.

How do I best reduce it back to 1/2 tablet?

Kind regards