Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Klonopin

[Fa...]

Tried Zolpidem but it stopped working in a month and now I'm tapering it a little. Zolpidem has too short half live and addiction risk. As long as it worked at prescribed dosage was fine. I hoped it could last more. I tried then Halcion for some days but it had no effect with me.

Actually clonazepam helped me when I had akathisia style symptoms. A 0.5mg dose was enough. Few benzos works for me so I keep clonazepam just for emergencies.

Tried 30 mg Dalmane but it's not enough for sleeping. I'm afraid being too late to stabilize. I'll met another Doc tomorrow. With hindsight had to updose more before tapering.

I understand the symptoms you describe. Some people added depakin or gabapentin during withdrawal. Btw, if you are sensitive, you should taper slowly.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fa...]

• [Qu...]

• [Pa...]

• [Li...]

Tried Zolpidem but it stopped working in a month and now I'm tapering it a little. Zolpidem has too short half live and addiction risk. As long as it worked at prescribed dosage was fine. I hoped it could last more. I tried then Halcion for some days but it had no effect with me.

Actually clonazepam helped me when I had akathisia style symptoms. A 0.5mg dose was enough. Few benzos works for me so I keep clonazepam just for emergencies.

Tried 30 mg Dalmane but it's not enough for sleeping. I'm afraid being too late to stabilize. I'll met another Doc tomorrow. With hindsight had to updose more before tapering.

I understand the symptoms you describe. Some people added depakin or gabapentin during withdrawal. Btw, if you are sensitive, you should taper slowly.

Sorry, I meant you can say what he means.

I would be pleased.

But diazepam at a higher dose could have been enough. You seem to have tolerated it. I have often read that people have switched from Flurazepam to Diazepam. And then slowly phased out.

It didn't worked for me. Perhaps I was in acute and I was underdosed. Even 8mg + 15mg flurazepam wasn't good enough for sleeping. Diazepam is mostly anxiolitic.

Went to psy. He only said to try olanzapine 5mg instead of quetiapine. The rest unchanged.

I'm not so sure. I don't like antipsy very much. Basically unable to explain this long lasting insomnia.

Hello,

Since you are used to benzodiazepines, you should have used a higher dose of diazepam, which you tolerated.

Until the flurazepam and zolpidem is out. And not to forget lormetazepam.

And then slowly go down. You still had this option.

Kind regards

It didn't worked for me. Perhaps I was in acute and I was underdosed. Even 8mg + 15mg flurazepam wasn't good enough for sleeping. Diazepam is mostly anxiolitic.

Went to psy. He only said to try olanzapine 5mg instead of quetiapine. The rest unchanged.

I'm not so sure. I don't like antipsy very much. Basically unable to explain this long lasting insomnia.

15-30mg flurazepam is reportedly 10mg diazepam.

So the range is wide.

And lormetazepam plus zolpidem is added plus tolerance....it couldn't have worked under 15-20mg diazepam. I don't know how much, but it might be worth a try.

Clonazepam would also go if dosed high enough.

And then slowly down.

But you are having as hard a time as I am. Only I wouldn't dare take zolpidem. My aunt started with it and needed it every few hours.

I think Dalmane is already hard, but I heard of people who were able to reduce with Diazepam.

Englisch (US)

I don't know how to do it either.

But flurazepam was never that hypnotic for me either.

I am afraid to get the same problems as you.

I can't tolerate diazepam.

I don't know any other benzodiazepine. Is there an alternative to clonazepam?

And I also don't want to try 100 neuroleptics or something. I don't know a solution either.

When should I start dosing off? I don't know that either at the moment.

Kind regards

9 months after reupdosing and tapering isn't a workable option for me. I already reached tolerance and perhaps I've got a mild addiction to quetiapine.

I started tapering at 15mg dalmardorm + 8mg diazepam. Never reached stability. Diazepam could be ok for anxiety related symptoms but it's not a good hypnotic.

Flurazem was an hypnotic for me.

Hello,

So my doctor says it's not the benzo that matters, it's the dosage.

According to your signature you have taken Lormetazepam and Zopi in addition to Dalmane.

So Dalmane alone apparently didn't work either.

Kind regards

Hello,

when should I start the reduction now?

Do you think it makes sense to switch everything to clonazepam?

Kind regards

Hello,

So my doctor says it's not the benzo that matters, it's the dosage.

According to your signature you have taken Lormetazepam and Zopi in addition to Dalmane.

So Dalmane alone apparently didn't work either.

Kind regards

Dalmane + Lormetazepam worked for me (before reaching tolerance). I could sleep and I didn't have tinnitus.

I took 15mg dalmane + 7,5 zopi instead of 30mg dalmane for some months.

I wasn't benzo aware obviously.

Dosage matters but the kind of benzo is not so irrelevant. Yes it's possible to get an hypnotic effect also from many anxiolitic benzos. You have to take an higher dose. Sometimes 4 times higher. Ex.: minimum dosage for anxiety in alprazolam (xanax) is 0.25mg, as a sleeping pill it's often suggested at 1mg (4 times).

Hello,

when should I start the reduction now?

Do you think it makes sense to switch everything to clonazepam?

Kind regards

If you can switch Fluorazepam to Clonazepam it will be easier to manage. In theory Clonazepam has anticonvuslant properties which could be useful for you. Eventually yes it could be a little bit depressing at the beginning after updosing.

I also do not believe that all benzos are the same.

Clonazepam is bad even when dosing down, Flurazepam is also bad....

But how do I do that with the changeover? I am also in the tolerance.

At the latest with the reduction you realize how antispasmodic it is. And how hard it gets from about 0.8mg at some point the effect disappears and the arms and legs beat out.

Sleeping is also unthinkable.

In addition, there is a miserable feeling in the body, pain, insensitivity in the face, etc., etc.

Ok. You felt bad at 0.8mg and tapering is not easy.

But at 2-3mg how do you feel?

Do you sleep better? Do you feel pain in your body or just fatigue?

No even at 3mg the effect was not the same for me. That is why I am so desperate. At that time 1.4mg was enough but reduced every 3 days and then at 0.2mg to the clinic.

Everything was tried, nothing helped. Discharged with 4.5mg clonazepam, it worked, made me tired but I always had a stranger feeling and anxiety. That was 2017. reduced again to 1mg in 2018, it didn't work anymore and the doctor gave me Flurazepam to go with it.

I don't know what to do anymore except slowly down.

If they are not used to it 3mg will help you.

I think to achieve stability in tolerance is impossible.

There is no solution and no alternative.

I don't think that other medications are helpful.

But I do not know.

Ok. You felt bad at 0.8mg and tapering is not easy.

But at 2-3mg how do you feel?

Do you sleep better? Do you feel pain in your body or just fatigue?

And in terms of withdrawal symptoms, I've experienced everything you can imagine.

Pain, cramped muscles, sensitivity to sound, visual disturbances, tingling, itching, restlessness, anxiety, depression, restless arms, numbness, insensitivity, etc. etc.

and no sleep

It is enough for 10 lives

There is only one solution.

Get away from benzodiazepines.

The thought is already scary for me because I have endured so much. But I don't think there is any other way.

So when should I start?

Some medications could be helpful. Try before natural supplements like magnesium if you don't want to take more rx drugs at the moment.

It's up to you. If you don't want to updose, figure out a symptoms based tapering plan.