Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Klonopin

[Fa...]

Hello,

when and how should I start tapering?

A dosage of one? To get the other one out of the system first? Or slowly reduce both?

Yes, depression has also set in by now. No wonder after so many withdrawal symptoms.

I don't know how I should do it bit by bit.

Maintain one dose currently 13.71mg Dalmane plus 1.5 mg Clonazepam and then?

Love greetings

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fa...]

• [Qu...]

• [Pa...]

• [Li...]

My suggestion would be to taper the shorter acting benzo first which would be the Clonazepam.  How long have you been taking the dose of 13.71 mg Dalmane and 1.5 mg Clonazepam, have you taking this dose consistently for at least a week?

Hello,

13,71mg Dalmane = 1/2 tablet (in Germany 1 tablet has 27,42mg) since 16.09.2021.

The Klonopin in dose since one week.

Kind regards

Hello,

13.71mg Flurazepam in the morning.

0.2 mg clonazepam midday.

0.3 mg clonazepam late afternoon

1 mg Clonazepam in the evening

I don't know for what reason, but I always took Flurazepam in the morning. I no longer notice anything from it anyway. It was never really hypnotic for me either.

Perhaps importantly, I have clonazepam drops.

1 drop = 0.1mg Clonazepam

But one drop is already hard to reduce.

The Dalmane/Flurazepam which is available in Germany is water soluble.

Thank you very much for your support.

Hello, I am not familiar with the water solution method...and appreciate any advice.

Can I also dilute the drops?

Should I wait a little longer to reduce?

I was on 2mg of flurazepam, it was unbearable. I probably should have gone other ways.

My symptoms right now, head pressure and head tingling, anxious, depressed. Burning arms at night have subsided somewhat. Sleep is poor, restless in the morning.  No concentration and unable to work under pressure.

No interest in anything, distraction absent. Clonazepam inhibits serotonin, I know.

So I need a plan and a way out of this.

It sounds like you are using the 2.5mg/mL Rivotril/clonazepam oral solution manufactured by Roche.  Is this correct?  Will your doctor be willing to prescribe this liquid as long as you need it to taper? 

Have you decided what taper rate you want to try?  For example: 2.5% every 14 days, 5% every 14 days, 5% every 30 days.

Have you learned about the type of gear needed to do a liquid taper?  For example:

- Graduated cylinder

- Slip-tip, non-needle syringes in a variety of sizes (e.g. 10mL, 3mL, 1mL)

- Glass jars with leak-proof tops

- Medicine bottles and caps fitted with push-in syringe adapter caps

Do you have a way to obtain this type of gear?  Don’t purchase anything yet!  The exact gear you need will depend on the procedure you decide to use.

Hello,

yes exactly the drops are.

I can try it with 5% every 14 days, depending on how it works.

Or what do you recommend?

The Dalmadorm then leave it for now?

Kind regards

Thank you very much Pamster,

one question, since I started taking half a flurazepam again I have this tingling at the back of my head. Where could this be coming from?

I never had that before.

LG

Thank you very much Pamster,

one question, since I started taking half a flurazepam again I have this tingling at the back of my head. Where could this be coming from?

I never had that before.

LG

Please read this chapter of the Ashton manual, it will list your symptoms and why you feel them. https://www.benzo.org.uk/german/bzcha03.htm

https://www.benzo.org.uk/german/index.htm

Falke,

Do you have someone living in your home who can help us help you, or do you have a close friend who is sympathetic to your situation?  Since we've been having so much difficulty communicating I wonder if there is someone you trust who could be a part of our conversations so we could communicate more effectively?  Do you have any English speaking friends in your life?  Most of our members are cognitively challenged while going through this process so its common for them to involve loved ones who can help figure out the best course of action.

What I've noticed from you is a hesitancy to fully embrace this process, and I totally understand because you're in a great deal of pain and you know there isn't likely to be relief for a long time.  If you could find someone you trust to help you come to terms with your situation along with our guidance this may help you understand some of the finer points of this process.  Our language barrier is a challenge that we may be able to work around if you had someone there with you to talk this through with.

I'm sorry to hear you're alone.

Can you tell us where you get your Clonazepam drops, do you pick them up from a pharmacy, would you be able to talk about your drops with an experienced pharmacist?

Also, how many days in a row have you taken this dose?

13.71mg Flurazepam in the morning.

0.2 mg clonazepam midday.

0.3 mg clonazepam late afternoon

1 mg Clonazepam in the evening

Hello Pamster,

yes, I just have to function somehow, that's why it's so hard for me. My daughter is only 10 years old.

I take the dose since 04.10.2021

Before that I was constantly experimenting.

Unfortunately, I have constantly changed the dose before. I also took a whole flurazepam twice.

Out of fear then always taken differently again....

So since 04.10.2021

Love greetings

Hello Pamster,

Of course I get the drops from the pharmacy.

I think already that I can talk to the, I always go to the same pharmacy.

Love greetings

Its good to hear you've been on a consistent dose since April, I didn't know this before so thank you.

I'm glad you go to the pharmacy because I'm hoping you can ask them for help in figuring out how to dilute your Clonazepam drops in order to start reducing, we don't have anyone currently on the forum that I'm aware of who can advise you on how to do this.  Do you think you could ask the pharmacist?  Maybe they could provide some instruction and also a syringe with the proper markings on it to help you.  What do you think?

October 4

Thank you for clarifying.  I suggest you stay on this dose for a bit longer because that will give you time to reach out to your pharmacist, are you planning to do this?  Many members have commented on the fact that most pharmacist's are very knowledgeable about the tapering process and very willing to share their knowledge and expertise.  If you can find out how to dilute your dose, we can help you determine a taper rate.

It sounds like you are using the 2.5mg/mL Rivotril/clonazepam oral solution manufactured by Roche.  Is this correct?  Will your doctor be willing to prescribe this liquid as long as you need it to taper? 

Have you decided what taper rate you want to try?  For example: 2.5% every 14 days, 5% every 14 days, 5% every 30 days.

Have you learned about the type of gear needed to do a liquid taper?  For example:

- Graduated cylinder

- Slip-tip, non-needle syringes in a variety of sizes (e.g. 10mL, 3mL, 1mL)

- Glass jars with leak-proof tops

- Medicine bottles and caps fitted with push-in syringe adapter caps

Do you have a way to obtain this type of gear?  Don’t purchase anything yet!  The exact gear you need will depend on the procedure you decide to use.

Sorry,

@libertas You wrote in my thread how it could go with 5% etc reduction. Can you please give me some advice on this?

Dear thanks