Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Klonopin

[Fa...]

Hello,

I have been back on Rivotril plus 13.71mg Flurazepam for eight weeks now.

Both are no longer working, how soon can I be reduced with the clonazepam? I don't know which is better to stop. Flurazepam is also very heavy.

I am already on 1.3mg clonazepam and 1/2 flurazepam = 13.71 mg.

No doctor knows what to do....

No one.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fa...]

• [Qu...]

• [Pa...]

• [Li...]

Do you feel enough stable / functional? If so you could figure out a plan and start a symptoms based tapering.

Neuroleptics are a last resort drug they prescribe you when nothing else works. That's how I ended up there. In my opinion as long as it works quetiapine at 25-50mg could be an option. Updosing from there it's not a great business.

Good morning,

what is stable?

I sleep poorly, body aches, depressed, sometimes anxiety/restlessness.

Head tingling.

I don't know...

I have Quetiapine here 25mg but I don't dare.

Lg

Functional.

Being able to work, drive, care of yourself.

At least with manageable symptoms, even if they are unpleasant.

25mg isn't much. You can give it a try for a couple of nights. Some brands could be easily spli in half (12.5mg).

It doesn't help me because we are all different.

Lots of people can benefit from benzo with minimal side effects. Lots fo rx drugs that don't work for me actually give relief to many buddies.

My father went on and off alprazolam 0.25-0.50mg for more than 20 years because of night shifts then stopped abruptly after retirement with no issues.

I'm thinking about downdosing olanzapine and updosing benzo. I'm not afraid updosing a little bit for more stability. I'm afraid of tolerance and escalation .

I don't think anything helps, and it's starting to make me despair. I can't get out of the thought circles.

Pamster has also already given up giving advice.

People take Lyrika, find it a terrible drug, at least for me. Then neuroleptics also terrible and not very helpful.

Everyone is looking for a solution, but is there really one????

Yes, which????

Thinking too much without trying in a consistent manner will bring you nowhere.

Lyrica reduces anxiety and improves sleep quality. I tried at 150mg. Then I weaned off easily because I need something stronger.

I don't think anything helps, and it's starting to make me despair. I can't get out of the thought circles.

People take Lyrika, find it a terrible drug, at least for me. Then neuroleptics also terrible and not very helpful.

Yes, which????

I haven't given up on you, I'm just waiting until you're ready to do this, until then I feel I can be more useful helping those who are ready now.  This is not a judgement, I understand what a big commitment this is and we all need to do it in our own time. 

Yes, which????

I haven't given up on you, I'm just waiting until you're ready to do this, until then I feel I can be more useful helping those who are ready now.  This is not a judgement, I understand what a big commitment this is and we all need to do it in our own time.

Hello Pamster,

I have already reduced 0.2mg Clonazepam.

The flurazepam also worries me a lot.

The 13.71mg is not enough, even plus the clonazepam.

Yes that worries me a lot.

I was thinking about increasing the flurazepam to 1 tablet. Only where will that end? No one knows if it works, especially since it is actually also due to the manufacturer change for me. Even if Quarantine can not believe that.

I also don't want to go to a clinic and every doctor only prescribes additional medication. Because they all do not believe that it comes from tolerance and withdrawal is.

Love greetings

Hello Falke,

I'm glad to hear you've been able to reduce the Clonazepam but why are you thinking about increasing the Flurazepam?  I understand not wanting to go to more doctors, especially when they don't understand what these drugs to do us.

Hello Pamster,

I have been thinking about this as a way to possibly stabilize myself.

But the fear that even a whole flurazepam will not help is too great.

I think in the tolerance you can not stabilize great.

I am happy for all who have no tolerance.

Either way it's hard, and if I go any higher it certainly won't get any easier.

So I think, whether it is right I do not know.

Love greetings

I understand, its a hard decision to make because you have no idea if it will help and if it doesn't you'll be at an even higher dose. 

If you want to switch from clonazepam to flurazepam you need something like 45mg a day*. This means 60mg if you need an updose to stabilize.

This is just to give you an idea of how much underdosed you are if you think 1 or 2 tables of Dalmane could be enough for you. It's just math. Moving few milligrams here and there of flurazepam unlikely will give you a significant relief. At the end of the day you always tried some combination of benzos within the same range of diazepam equivalent.

It may sounds scary and I understand it but looking for stabilization means pushing stronger. If you don't like the idea just taper from where you are now and hold. You cut 2mg rivotril which is >10% of your clonazepam dose. Try to hold. Tapering takes time.

*Assuming 15mg flurazepam = 7.5mg diazepam = 0.75mg clonazepam

Hello,

do you think antidepressants could help?

Quarantine, 60 mg Flurazepam that can't be good.

Here in Germany there are tables where 2mg Clonazepam = 10mg Diazepam.

You said that you are thinking about setting up a benzo. Which one?

Kind regards

As you can see here, 1mg clonazepam = 5mg diazepam is quite biased downward.

https://clincalc.com/Benzodiazepine/

https://www.mdcalc.com/benzodiazepine-conversion-calculator

You may also look at various medical websites and they will give you the same results.

45mg - 60mg aren't good but reasoning in dalmane equivalent you're already there.

Btw stabilization isn't about feel good but better off or just less worse.

I don't know which benzo I'll take. Maybe I'll just updose zolpidem.

Hello,

I was on 0.2mg clonazepam in 2017. They have tried all medications. Nothing I tolerated.

I was then discharged with 4.5mg clonazepam nothing else. I kept dosing down, got to 0.8mg in 2018 and nothing worked then and the doctor gave me Flurazepam.

Half plus 0.5mg clonazepam and I was able to stabilize. In 2019 I was then rid of the clonazepam.

https://www.praxis-suchtmedizin.ch/praxis-suchtmedizin/index.php/de/medikamente/benzodiabepine/aequivalenztabelle-bdz

I've been on 2mg Flurazepam for 35 days and could go nuts...myriad symptoms, everything from across the board. I've been on it since 2016 to get rid of the stuff.

I was given alprazolam by my primary care doctor in September 2016. I took 0.125mg sporadically and became more and more nervous, panic and anxiety. As a result I was told to take 3x0.5mg and I did out of ignorance...but even that wasn't enough, every 4-6 hours run amok anxiety panic at a rate like never before.

I came to an addiction doctor in early 2017 who switched me to 1.4mg clonazepam. At first it worked, but reduce 0.1 mg every three days. Did that.

I got to 0, something and ended up in the clinic. There they tried everything possible. I couldn't tolerate anything.

I was then discharged with 4.5mg Clonazepam and nervously at the end. A nightmare. Reduce again. From 2017 to 2018 I came to 0.8 mg there was again nothing more. Then I was here on the forum...the doctor then gave me other benzos, I should change the clonazepam. But it didn't work.

Somehow I was able to stabilize with half a flurazepam and a few drops...I was rid of the drops in 2019, whether that was a good idea???? I don't know. At least I was able to start and complete retraining as an industrial clerk after being sick for over 2 years. It was exhausting, but I did it. How no idea. Then, thank God, I found a job at the beginning of 2021....only stupidly, I also started to stop the Flurazepam at the same time.

I think that was not a good idea.

The extreme dizziness started at 3.5mg.

And now I am back on 13.71mg Flurazepam plus 1.3mg Clonazepam.

You can't imagine how hard I fought and I failed. I couldn't take any more...I don't want to. I don't see a way.

Love

I have never been stable, and it is a nightmare that never ends. I have no more desire.

The word withdrawal already scares me.

I don't know if you understand me.

Kind regards

I don't feel like it anymore, I don't want to. Every day is torture and I'm so high again... how is this going to end?

My strength is at the end.

What's the reason why you started taking benzo and you ended up in a rehab at low dosage?

Mine is insomnia. And the more I taper the more it hits me. Yours? Anxiety, panic attacks, addiction, stress, insomnia, depression or what? It's important to know why and if there is an underlying condition.