This sounds untrue and in fact cruel to me, bad advice from another benzo site n

[Iv...]

I hope I am not breaking a rule by asking this here. But a woman whose Dr. lost his license and has been in hell and trying to find another benzo prescriber was told this on another benzo site:

" I'm not sure if you are hoping to reinstate and taper?  If you have not had a benzo for a week, you have to either reinstate within 3 weeks, or never touch another benzo."

I am actually furious that this was left on that site, I thought plenty of people reinstated if something went wrong (like through no fault of their own, they lost their prescriber!)  Yes I know there is a chance of kindling but isn't it better to get back on and do a proper taper than be in a dysfunctional cold turkey withdrawal hell?

[82...]
I take Ativan prn like very, very sparingly (like before a public speech for example) and I’m a year and a half out from a nightmare wd from Klonopin. The post you’re referencing is nothing but fear mongering IMO. We don’t get in trouble with benzos again unless we become physically and psychologically addicted to them again, which doesn’t happen just from a one off or a prn use if it’s few and far between. They shouldn’t be telling a person what to do or what not to do regarding reinstatement anyway. This person is obviously scared and desperate enough as it is.