I need you to remind me again .. please

[Sh...]

I will try it again. I might as well. I have a little bit of CBD too. Some gummies.

Hard to believe melatonin used to work GREAT for me. Would put me right to sleep for 8 hours. Not any more. It doesn't touch me.

Try again but take it when u start feeling tired like when u would normally go to bed. I know I can’t take it later than that coz it never works anymore. I’m going to try not to take anything again tonight. See how I go. I’m hoping coz of lockdown I might get a break coz don’t have a schedule as such.

Anyway, tonight as soon as u feel “sleepy/tired” take unisom and go lay in bed with no expectations. I listen to rain sounds. It helps relax me. Then I imagine sitting in this beautiful place watching the rain..

https://pin.it/f5lZOhf

Even though I didn't sleep, I took a restful nap today and it felt good. I was able to relax enough and get into a meditative state enough to enjoy it.

Here's hoping we both sleep tonight! KA too!

Thanks, HM.  You, Shayna, and I in this together.  I saw my doc today and felt kind of sorry for him.  He wants to help but really has nothing to offer.  I'm afraid to go to bed...

Maybe try a little bit of the sleep hygiene stuff KA? I know it is different for us but it’s good to have routines at night. Maybe go to bed and get up at the same time every day regardless. That’s what I do x

I sympathize, HM.  I'm getting to that stage.  But at least you get some sleep on your own.  Since I don't I don't know what I'll do when the meds lose their effectiveness.

I took 1.5 unisom last night and maybe got 1 hr light. Looks like I need to take a break from unisom. That’s a scary thought

I share your feelings on that, Shayna.  Last night I took nothing in an effort to space the meds out a bit.  As usual I got zero sleep and felt like a zombie all day, except that I was also extremely anxious about how all this is going to play out.  And the rest of the family will be arriving on Thursday and Friday for what was going to be a joyous extended visit.  My brain is ready to explode.

Do either of you ever lay down during the day to rest because you're so tired? Or do you skip it because you can't sleep anyway. I think I either got zero or 30 minutes last night. I'm not sure which. I may have dozed off once for a few minutes.

HM

No I don’t very often HM. The anxiety is causes isn’t worth it to me. Unless I am having a very very difficult day I never lay down.

I had a huge day yesterday too. Walked 2.5 hrs, got blood test, did 3 hrs of home schooling for my son. Changed all bedding on beds. Did laundry, gave my daughter a French manicure. Vacuumed. It’s not because I sit around fretting about not sleeping that I don’t sleep.

Anyway, I’m at my sons therapy now, I’m chatting to the other Mums and faking it like always.

I'm trying to work up the nerve to drive to the gym and work out even if I didn't get much sleep. I wonder if it would help me sleep. I'm kicking it around. I primarily like weight training.

Well the way I look at it not doing weights isn’t getting u any sleep?

Go to the gym, do some weights. If u enjoy weights I think at the very least it will give u a boost feeling like u achieved something? That’s what I do. I rest I don’t sleep, I do weights I don’t sleep. No point sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves all the time. We still have our lives to live xx

Hey Shayna, I mistakenly put a note to you on the sleep tracker thread instead of this one in response to your bumping of the dying thread.  Thanks for doing that.  Do you know what happened to Misty?

Hey Shayna, I mistakenly put a note to you on the sleep tracker thread instead of this one in response to your bumping of the dying thread.  Thanks for doing that.  Do you know what happened to Misty?

Yeah, I read that whole thread too...

Whew, how did she do it?  I don't know how to dig out her success story.  Did she just tough it out until sleep returned naturally?  I'm terrified to try that at my age.  A couple of nights of zero sleep just about does me in.  What's happening with you?  What are you going to do about the Unisom losing its effectiveness?  I'm not going to try it again after last night's fiasco.  But I can't just rely on Ambien.  Anyhow, if you'll have patience with an old doofus and point me to Misty's story I'd like to see how she did it. 

Well, I found the Misty success thread.  It's all very nice but she hasn't actually spelled out how she got over the unremitting insomnia.  She indicated several times that she would tell her story but so far it hasn't happened.  A bit frustrating.