Month 45+ healed

[Me...]

I just came to report that I still have symptoms pop up around my period. But it’s nothing I can’t handle. I was fine all month, got my period and bam….had a night of insomnia and my skin feels ultra sensitive like I’m being pinched. I know it’s nerve pain and it’s from wd. Anyways, it’s crazy how non linear this process is. I am happy to report this is the only issue I’ve had all month and because of that I still consider myself healed. I can work through it no problem. It’s just a minor blip, or hiccup. I expect some symptoms to pop back up for the next year. I am grateful because I can handle this. This is seriously no big deal. Just know once you feel healed, some stuff lingers

• 1 year later...

Hey guys

In February it’ll be year 5 for me.

I just came back to say that I’m now working 10 hour days, running a daycare. Always on my feet.

I’ve taking up the hobby of writing fantasy novels. I’m about to have one published  :smitten:

My only remaining symptoms happen on occasion, and not every day. I sometimes have pulsatile tinnitus.

Umm…I definitely have terrible OCD - not sure if it’s just me at this point. Hopefully that one goes away. Otherwise yeah - unbelievable. I’m doing great.

I couldn’t even look at a computer screen years ago. I could barely leave the bed . And the last thing I had was an imagination!

• Like 2

Meganz.  Thank so much for coming back to let us know how you are doing.  I remember 2 years ago when I joined BB and saw you in such torture.  Now you are healed!!  There is hope for all of us.  You inspire me.  I am now at 2 years and know I will heal.  I know because you healed.  You were in bad shape - I am in bad shape.  You healed.  I will heal.  Thank you!

Thanks for sharing your journey, I think Ive read almost all of your posts and I remember the hell you went through.  I'm happy for your healing and I hope your life continues to improve everyday, you deserve it. 

Hey guys

I just came back to say that I’m now working 10 hour days, running a daycare. Always on my feet.

I’ve taking up the hobby of writing fantasy novels. I’m about to have one published  :smitten:

My only remaining symptoms happen on occasion, and not every day. I sometimes have pulsatile tinnitus.

Umm…I definitely have terrible OCD - not sure if it’s just me at this point. Hopefully that one goes away. Otherwise yeah - unbelievable. I’m doing great.

I couldn’t even look at a computer screen years ago. I could barely leave the bed . And the last thing I had was an imagination!

Thank you so much for your testimony about your bad wave : like you, I feel like after making some progress I'm back in acute 30 months out, and your story helps me to believe I can go back to my previous baseline, or even recover. It really feels like acute.

Thank you, enjoy your life

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

You give me hope. I want to learn more about your process to stay motivated and set goals. Not everything is clear for me. I hope you can help me.

I read your info / status on your profile. The following:

M 39: Suddenly healing. Most symptoms drop off within weeks <333

M 40 - 41: back to normal life - but stress still brings waves

M 45: stress no longer brings waves

M: 48+ : 95% fully healed.

1. What symptoms did you have in these stress induced waves between month 39 - 44 ?

2. What symptoms did you have between month 45 - 47 ?

3. What symptoms have you had since month 48 ?

Thanks.

Everything came back, rotating/taking turns but at a lesser severity and for less long

Hey guys

Thank you so much for your testimony about your bad wave : like you, I feel like after making some progress I'm back in acute 30 months out, and your story helps me to believe I can go back to my previous baseline, or even recover. It really feels like acute.

That last wave I think pushed me to heal <3

Meganz.  Thank so much for coming back to let us know how you are doing.  I remember 2 years ago when I joined BB and saw you in such torture.  Now you are healed!!  There is hope for all of us.  You inspire me.  I am now at 2 years and know I will heal.  I know because you healed.  You were in bad shape - I am in bad shape.  You healed.  I will heal.  Thank you!

Thank you!! Yes it was awful. Pure hell. You’ll get there <3

Meganz I wanted to drop in to say I’m so happy that you’re still doing well. I wish you all the best in life! Thanks for being a witness that we do heal in time.

Happy holidays to you!

❄️🌹❤️🤗

Meganz....my wife is 50+ and sounds very similarly to you and your cycles.  She gets git with really strong symptoms every 4 months and this month is tough with bladder spasms and other inflammation type symptoms. I have supportted her through this journey and she is normally veey functional and engaged in life.  Stress doesnt bother her just the period time.  Do you also have food sensitivity meaning during this time,if you eat foods, would it worsen your symptoms?  Also, does it normally last 7 to 14 days when you get hit?

Thanks for taking the time to answer and it is great to see another woman who suffered greatly, kick ass in the world again.

Hey guys

That last wave I think pushed me to heal <3

My first instinct was to look for the "like" button  ;D

Thank you, the fact that you saw improvements after this awful wave at month 34 helps me keep going!

Enjoy your life!

• 2 weeks later...

Megan Z

I am so very happy for you!!

Most of all thank you SO MUCH for coming back to tell us about your continued healing !  It is so very helpful to everyone!

This is one of the biggest truths.. most people just do not come back to say they've improved or healed.

I very much appreciate that you've taken the time to do so!

Celebrating your healing!

Hugs  :smitten:

- Fortitude

• 3 weeks later...

Your story has touched over 6000 people's lives. Not to mention those who you know personally. What a blessing to us all that you shared it. Thank you.

Your story gave me new hope tonight, which is essential to this recovery process. Hope can be lost sometimes. New hope replaces the lost hope. To have the courage and strength to go on another day, to endure, triumph, and be victorious in creating a joyful, productive, fulfilling, healthy life after benzos.

I am sorry that you endured such suffering. I am thankful that the darkness is over and that the sun is shining on you now. Your story had beyond a happy ending.

I would like to echo what has been said, your story and success is inspirational to me.  My journey is nearly 2 years and the longer it goes on the hope fades.  For the last 4 months I have felt that I am back in acute and stories like yours are hard to come by as it would appear not many get worse before better. 

I thank you for writing your success and wish us all on here a speedy recovery and that we all shall write a success story to inspire those who will follow us, as unfortunately we know there will be many!!

Enjoy Life!!!

im less than a month from the 4 year mark. i hope i heal too. past few days were rough but in betweeen i feel windows then back to waves around the time i go to sleep.

• 3 months later...

Wow….to hear my story has touched lives just blows my mind. I’m sitting here watching a movie tonight wondering how all of you are doing and I had no idea there were so many comments on my post!! Guys…I’m completely fine! Although I have terrible dry skin on my face which I’m convinced is either wd or a side effect of too much chlorine but anyways ;)

I try my best not to think about the hell I went through. How many years of my life were spent in a state of torture. I’m still traumatized and I know 1000% I have PTSD. But otherwise I’m ok I promise

• Like 1

I do want to add I haven’t touched alcohol and I don’t take medicine. I also stay away from caffeine. Otherwise I eat whatever I want. Heaps of sugar whenever I feel like it <3
  • Like 1