Gratitude list...What are you grateful for today?

[Gl...]

Grateful for my beautiful garden and for the feeling of taking a deep breath and the sense of well-being that provides.

Today has not been a great day - but I am grateful for the privilege to have lived it  :smitten:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Gl...]

• [Jo...]

• [Ga...]

• [Ta...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Father's Day, ya'll!

I'm grateful for my dad, who died of a brain tumor. 

He was such a fun dad and such a sportsman.

He taught us sports and played with us. 

I miss him.

Happy Father's Day, ya'll!

I'm grateful for my dad, who died of a brain tumor. 

He was such a fun dad and such a sportsman.

He taught us sports and played with us. 

I miss him.

😢

😢

You're sweet, JJ.  Thank you. :smitten:

I'm grateful for ...

God

The mental window that must be coming soon. :-\

This forum where we understand each other.

my bed

Summer nights

White noise

I'm grateful for air conditioning. It just hit 96 (100 tomorrow) and I would be perishing without it.

Katz

Me too, Katz!

90 here everyday. No let up for months. Humidity makes it feel hotter.

I wish it would go down to the 70's.

🤣

I'm grateful for air conditioning. It just hit 96 (100 tomorrow) and I would be perishing without it.

Katz

Me too, Katz!

🤣

Me, three, guys! YAY for air conditioning!

I live in the part of the US where it is over 100 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 months of the year!

If there was no A/C, we wouldn't live here, lol. I didn't know why I live here as it is, actually! I cannot go out for walks, or hikes, or tennis...nada.

Well, let me end with what I am grateful for today:

Having the money available to get a new water heater (though it comes out hot anyway!), and the sheet rock repaired around the old one where it leaked, and we painted after the sheet rock was installed. Painting in 100 degree heat! So now I am wiped out and will go lay down!

Tomorrow we will get the new water heater installed.

Honestly, these type of projects would have been too much for me not long ago.

So I am super grateful for that.

Katz

Me too, Katz!

🤣

Me, three, guys! YAY for air conditioning!

I live in the part of the US where it is over 100 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 months of the year!

If there was no A/C, we wouldn't live here, lol. I didn't know why I live here as it is, actually! I cannot go out for walks, or hikes, or tennis...nada.

Well, let me end with what I am grateful for today:

Having the money available to get a new water heater (though it comes out hot anyway!), and the sheet rock repaired around the old one where it leaked, and we painted after the sheet rock was installed. Painting in 100 degree heat! So now I am wiped out and will go lay down!

Tomorrow we will get the new water heater installed.

Honestly, these type of projects would have been too much for me not long ago.

So I am super grateful for that.

How awesome, TaterTot, that you're able to do those projects now.

I'm with y'all, grateful for AC.

I am grateful for birds. We have humming birds to entertain us, and new baby red birds in a nest close to our house.  ;D

For sunshine that makes me feel happier. 🌞

I'm grateful that I live next to the forest. It wraps around our house. Today a deer and her fawn came to drink out of my birdbath. It's so hot the water evaporates every day and I have to make sure the bb is full . . . the squirrels and deer need someplace to drink. I have a small birdbath on the ground so the chipmunks and doves can drink. I feel grateful that I can help them . . . it makes me feel calm and peaceful.

Katz

I'm grateful that I live next to the forest. It wraps around our house. Today a deer and her fawn came to drink out of my birdbath. It's so hot the water evaporates every day and I have to make sure the bb is full . . . the squirrels and deer need someplace to drink. I have a small birdbath on the ground so the chipmunks and doves can drink. I feel grateful that I can help them . . . it makes me feel calm and peaceful.

Katz

Your area sounds idyllic, Katz. How wonderful to be giving nourishing hydration to the wildlife, too!

Katz

Your area sounds idyllic, Katz. How wonderful to be giving nourishing hydration to the wildlife, too!

Exactly what I thought, TaterTot.  I want to live where Katz lives.

I’m grateful my friend brought me some drinks n some homemade red/green chile enchiladas today.  I’m also grateful my friend did a few chores here for me knowing I was feeling too bad to do them… without my even asking for the help.  I’m also grateful for God protecting me n providing for me. 

A few sacred texts within the context…that bring me comfort during times on benzos when I feel especially insecure:

(From Psalm 121)

God shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

God shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

j

I’m grateful my friend brought me some drinks n some homemade red/green chile enchiladas today.  I’m also grateful my friend did a few chores here for me knowing I was feeling too bad to do them… without my even asking for the help.  I’m also grateful for God protecting me n providing for me. 

A few sacred texts within the context…that bring me comfort during times on benzos when I feel especially insecure:

(From Psalm 121)

God shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

God shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

j

JJ, I'm so sorry you were feeling so bad, and I'm also grateful that your friend helped you.  How awesome that you have a friend like that.  Can you send your friend over here? 🙃😂

Thank you for sharing those Psalms, Jozsef. They really touched my heart.

Amen, TaterTot.  I love Psalm 121.

I am grateful for this site. Without it, I would still be trying to get off of benzos.  Miracles happen.

The friends I have made on here will always be dear to my heart.

I am grateful for my dad, who taught me about birds during his short life. 

I'm grateful everyday for my birds

We have a huge red headed woodpecker, I call him the king  :smitten:

One day I saw a little titmouse take his peanut from him

We also have lots of chickadees and cardinals  :)

I'm grateful everyday for my birds

We have a huge red headed woodpecker, I call him the king  :smitten:

One day I saw a little titmouse take his peanut from him

We also have lots of chickadees and cardinals  :)

Gardenia......our woodpecker got on the hummingbird feeder sucking out the food. :o  When I first looked, I thought it was some kind of oversized hummingbird  :laugh: , because he stuck his beak thing in there drinking like they do.

Our baby red birds were on the ground today trying to hide from me while I was working nearby. They are so cute !  Brown Thrush eggs will probably hatch this week. The blue birds have their second round of babies. I have never seen their babies learning to fly.....I wonder why ?

I could watch these birds all day long. They are a blessing.....but this mole in our yard is not ! So far he has outsmarted us. ;)

I was so grateful for this day and the peace I felt outside. :)

Today a female deer who did not have a fawn this year came and lay on the grass just beyond our patio. I named her Aida. (Silly, I know). When I go out to leave cut-up apples for the deer in the evening, I talk to her and she never moves very far away. These hot days she's usually on the grass in the shade or in a flowerbed in the cool bark. I feel grateful and lucky that these forest creatures visit.

:smitten:

Katz

Today a female deer who did not have a fawn this year came and lay on the grass just beyond our patio. I named her Aida. (Silly, I know). When I go out to leave cut-up apples for the deer in the evening, I talk to her and she never moves very far away. These hot days she's usually on the grass in the shade or in a flowerbed in the cool bark. I feel grateful and lucky that these forest creatures visit.

Katz

How nice  :smitten: I don't know how ppl can shoot a deer :(

Katz

This makes me happy!