Gratitude list...What are you grateful for today?

[Gl...]

I'm grateful everyday for my birds

We have a huge red headed woodpecker, I call him the king  :smitten:

One day I saw a little titmouse take his peanut from him

We also have lots of chickadees and cardinals  :)

Gardenia......our woodpecker got on the hummingbird feeder sucking out the food. :o  When I first looked, I thought it was some kind of oversized hummingbird  :laugh: , because he stuck his beak thing in there drinking like they do.

Our baby red birds were on the ground today trying to hide from me while I was working nearby. They are so cute !  Brown Thrush eggs will probably hatch this week. The blue birds have their second round of babies. I have never seen their babies learning to fly.....I wonder why ?

I could watch these birds all day long. They are a blessing.....but this mole in our yard is not ! So far he has outsmarted us. ;)

I was so grateful for this day and the peace I felt outside. :)

Sunny girl I'd never seen a downy woodpecker before I moved here so I have 2 kinds here.

That's so funny about your Woodpecker  :2funny:

I have also a chubby possum that walks thru yard every night, it sets off the auto floodlight so I know he/she is coming. Lol

They're kind of cute in a weird way.

My son has a HUGE hanging spider plant in his yard and the Wrens have made a nest in it  :smitten:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Gl...]

• [Jo...]

• [Ga...]

• [Ta...]

Top Posters In This Topic

unny girl I'd never seen a downy woodpecker before I moved here so I have 2 kinds here.

That's so funny about your Woodpecker  :2funny:

I have also a chubby possum that walks thru yard every night, it sets off the auto floodlight so I know he/she is coming. Lol

They're kind of cute in a weird way.

My son has a HUGE hanging spider plant in his yard and the Wrens have made a nest in it  :smitten:

Awwwww . . . how cute about the possum. I caught a possum in my cat trap one night early in the pandemic -- I thought I was trapping a stray cat who had been hanging around. No one had answered the fliers I put up, or replied on Next Door, and I wanted to get him some help (we have foxes and coyotes here). So I arranged for our local shelter to take him in and find him a home once I trapped him. BUT when I went out in the morning, there was a humungous possum in my trap. Erk!!! I'd never seen one close up before. So I let Polly Possum go and she went lumbering out into the woods. Haven't seen her since. She had a nice meal of cat tuna overnight,  though!

Loved the story about the spider plant, too.  :smitten:

Katz

Katz

I was kind of afraid of possums before, we always had then at our old house. The lived in the old shed in back.

I think they eat bugs?

That's funny yours had a can of tuna  :)

I did read that they don't get rabies so I don't worry about them now  :)

I hope the Wrens have babies in the spider plant! I bought a little wooden birdhouse but so far no one's moved in lol

Gardenia......I am so glad that you are enjoying your new home, watching your birds. We find the wren nests in our asparagus fern, but I have never seen babies in the nest.

I am trying to picture that chubby little possum !  :laugh: I think some people used to eat them.......can you imagine that ?  ???  Raccoons are very cute. Our neighbor traps them because they get in the garden to eat.....so he takes them across the river so they won't return.  Its bad when a whole family of coons thinks your garden is McDonalds. ;D

Gardenia......I am so glad that you are enjoying your new home, watching your birds. We find the wren nests in our asparagus fern, but I have never seen babies in the nest.

I am trying to picture that chubby little possum !  :laugh: I think some people used to eat them.......can you imagine that ?  ???  Raccoons are very cute. Our neighbor traps them because they get in the garden to eat.....so he takes them across the river so they won't return.  Its bad when a whole family of coons thinks your garden is McDonalds. ;D

At my old house we lived kind of close to a wildlife preserve.

It was about 6 blocks from our house. At night the racoons would come out. They loved potato chips. I know now it's bad for them but they loved it.

Yep, people do eat Possums BLECK

My grandfather used to trap them and give to the yard guy.

Mine is safe here  :)

• 2 months later...

I am grateful today that 2 flowers on my Desert rose opened up, a beautiful yard and my son who mows the grass for me and trims  :smitten:

And my cat has a Catio  8)

I am grateful today that 2 flowers on my Desert rose opened up, a beautiful yard and my son who mows the grass for me and trims  :smitten:

And my cat has a Catio  8)

Cool.    8)

• 3 months later...
Grateful for my beautiful life and the good experiences I once had. The time spent in nature doing things I loved. The places I got to see, the people I met and the animals I have had in my life via work and personal life. I am grateful for the beautiful clean nature I am surrounded with and the family I still have. Even if I don’t survive this, I am grateful for this whole crazy trip.

I am grateful I am debt free. Debt is another stressor in your life that I don't need right now. Even tho a new car would be nice, I am happy with my 20 year old car and no car payments. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Today:

1. I can take a deep breath without constriction today

2. My family and pets

3. I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge

4. Today is another day of healing

5. The pacing got better after 8pm

6. New friends care about me and acknowledge the situation I have been in

7. Sparkling water

8. Those that have healed before me

9. I have choices