Which covid vaccine?

[Me...]

Mamoot, the vast majority of people vaccinated have had mild reactions. The US government set up the VAERS database to record adverse reactions to vaccines because vaccinations are a public health benefit and in some places are required by law. Yes there are people who have reactions to vaccines, this has happened since the first vaccine was invented I would imagine. However, this is the largest scale vaccination effort in the history of the world, so there will be more reports of adverse reactions close together because there are so many people being vaccinated in a short time span. Personally, I wouldn’t make the decision to do or not do something based on a podcast that presents very limited information even when those presenting the information are experts in their field.

You do realize that Robert Malone (one of the experts in that podcast link) is the inventor of mRNA vaccines?.... or at least one in a group of scientists who invented it. I think I should just at least wait a year to get the vaccine and see what the deal is here. Just seems like the risk to benefit ratio is not looking good for getting it right now. Ignoring these experts is like ignoring science in a way.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Ma...]

• [Pa...]

• [Me...]

Mamoot, the vast majority of people vaccinated have had mild reactions. The US government set up the VAERS database to record adverse reactions to vaccines because vaccinations are a public health benefit and in some places are required by law. Yes there are people who have reactions to vaccines, this has happened since the first vaccine was invented I would imagine. However, this is the largest scale vaccination effort in the history of the world, so there will be more reports of adverse reactions close together because there are so many people being vaccinated in a short time span. Personally, I wouldn’t make the decision to do or not do something based on a podcast that presents very limited information even when those presenting the information are experts in their field.

You do realize that Robert Malone (one of the experts in that podcast link) is the inventor of mRNA vaccines?.... or at least one in a group of scientists who invented it. I think I should just at least wait a year to get the vaccine and see what the deal is here. Just seems like the risk to benefit ratio is not looking good for getting it right now.

Yes, I looked up Robert Malone, so I’m aware (plus it says who he is at the beginning of the podcast). I simply wouldn’t make a decision based on that one podcast, I would need more information. It sounds like you’re researching and I absolutely understand being hesitant to try out the vaccine. I got vaccinated as soon as it was available (Moderna).

I agree more information is needed to determine whether everything is safe. It is clear that they are experimenting on us though. I'm seeing something that they are 100x more deadly than flu vaccines possibly based on the current data. This is all bedrock, experimental,data though. The experts are still trying to make sense of everything.

• 3 weeks later...

You do realize that Robert Malone (one of the experts in that podcast link) is the inventor of mRNA vaccines?.... or at least one in a group of scientists who invented it. I think I should just at least wait a year to get the vaccine and see what the deal is here. Just seems like the risk to benefit ratio is not looking good for getting it right now.

Yes, I looked up Robert Malone, so I’m aware (plus it says who he is at the beginning of the podcast). I simply wouldn’t make a decision based on that one podcast, I would need more information. It sounds like you’re researching and I absolutely understand being hesitant to try out the vaccine. I got vaccinated as soon as it was available (Moderna).

Not just that podcast. There are literally thousands of peer-reviewed scientific journals, testimonials and corresponding documents alleging serious issues with this rushed experimental vaccine. So much more research is needed.

For whatever is worth, this site is one of the latest I've found.

edit: link removed

Not just that podcast. There are literally thousands of peer-reviewed scientific journals, testimonials and corresponding documents alleging serious issues with this rushed experimental vaccine. So much more research is needed.

The link you posted is to a website rife with conspiracy theories.  We do not allow promotion of conspiracy theories on the forum.  If you subscribe to alternate realities, there are places you can go for this misinformation. I have removed the link.

pianogirl

The link you posted is to a website rife with conspiracy theories.  We do not allow promotion of conspiracy theories on the forum.  If you subscribe to alternate realities, there are places you can go for this misinformation. I have removed the link.

pianogirl

Not an alternative reality. I wish...

I expected the link removed, actually. I understand you mean well, but some serious consideration is needed with you are dealing with such dangerous subject as an untested and unauthorized experimental vaccine (trials are on-going until 2023). Please, do look up French Virologist and Nobel Prize Winner Luc Montagnier, who discovered the HIV virus. You will be surprised by what he's discovered and what he has to say about this matter. His reputation precedes him and he's among hundreds of equally reputable scientists raising serious questions about the safety of this vaccine protocol.

Thank you for your concern. Take care and be safe.

I expected the link removed, actually. I understand you mean well, but some serious consideration is needed with you are dealing with such dangerous subject as an untested and unauthorized experimental vaccine (trials are on-going until 2023). Please, do look up French Virologist and Nobel Prize Winner Luc Montagnier, who discovered the HIV virus. You will be surprised by what he's discovered and what he has to say about this matter. His reputation precedes him and he's among hundreds of equally reputable scientists raising serious questions about the safety of this vaccine protocol.

Bollocks. Luc Montagnier is a quack. He may have been a reliable scientist in the past, but his 'research' from the past decade or so falls firmly within wingnut territory. Given his rapid turnaround from reliable scientist to quack, and his advanced years (88), we could speculate as to why.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luc_Montagnier#Research_on_electromagnetic_signals_from_DNA

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevensalzberg/2012/05/27/nobel-laureate-joins-anti-vaccination-crowd-at-autism-one/?sh=4d771c855c53

pianogirl

Believe me, I am doing what is necessary to stay safe, to protect myself and those around me from Covid.

There are risks to any and all types of medications, vaccines, over the counter drugs. There is a risk for drinking too much water, driving a car, walking under a palm tree and being struck by a coconut.  Certainly I would think twice about taking a vaccine for a relatively benign illness. Covid is not benign, it is deadly. The risk of Covid, especially for people in my age group is very high, it's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Additionally, I'm vaccinated not only for myself, but for my family, my students, my world.

It is stunning to me that even high educated scientist can fall into conspiracy theories. I had the uhm... pleasant opportunity to talk to a doctor lately and I knew him for a decade and really always appreciated his knowledge and wisdom - in the end I was told that Bil Gates and aliens have invented Covid19 - and I thought, well, Marigold, thats the ultimate proof - humans can become very weird. quickly.

I read an article about people who believe those theories and of course it is logical that an academic background, education or anything can not prevent a human to fall into these things. The mechanisms are the same and then it does not matter how educated or well informed you are, these theories trigger something in your mind. And google algorithm does the rest.

Back to the topic, after my 2d shot of Biotech I only had 4 days of fatigue - and thats it. second shot was not as bad as the first - and what a relief that I can now be among people again.

Pfizer has such a HUGE history of law suits for pushing medications for off label use and not disclosing information about their medications it’s crazy! 

Yep. The FDA fined them $5 million for telling doctors that Protonix (which they acquired from Wyeth) was approved as a prophylactic for NSAID use to protect from ulcers. That's how I ended up on it. Never had GERD, no GI issues whatsoever. When I stopped the NSAID years later, I repeatedly tried to quit the Protonix. I was having all this acid, so I went back on it. 10 years of this nonsense, found 3 Scandinavian studies showing dependency and Rebound Acid Hypersecretion (RAHS) when stopping them. Then I developed hypomagnesemia and other deficiencies. 4 years of infusions every 3 to 4 weeks. My clueless PCP kept missing the boat. I was the one who figured out it was the PPI causing the hypomagnesemia. She thought I had a kidney issue, even though the hospital ran kidney function tests every time I'd go there, and tell me my kidneys were fine. I finally fired her after she sent me to the idiot GI doctor.

Found a great GI doctor, I found out about the Orphan Drug Netazepide available in the UK, contacted my congressman, who helped me contact the FDA, who approved my importation of it. The GI doctor helped, the place in the UK provided it (It took 8 months for the process), and hypomagnesemia resolved within weeks of stopping the PPI with Netazepide. No RAHS, no side effects. Hypomagnesemia caused panic attack-type symptoms, by year 4 I was very sick and anxiety would increase days before I'd have the 'panic attacks' and I found this is common with this disorder. As soon a I had an infusion, all that would stop. Stupid Psych doc completely ignore my history with hypomagnesemia, puts me on Klonopin. which did nothing to help. Lies to me and says it'll be easy to stop. So here I am tapering. Thanks to Pfizer, at least 6 years of my life are spent living in misery. 

I wouldn't be here now if not for what Pfizer did. So glad my doctors office was using Moderna.

I'm sorry, you had to go through all that with the PPI. I was going through that in the beginning of my journey of klonopin. The rebound acid sucks. I'm not sure if you are familiar but Gaviscon Extra Strength or better Advanced (UK version) is amazing for acid reflux. It help prevent the acid from going upwards to the throat. I hope you had better luck with the G,I doctor. I hate the past 2 that I have.

doriia:

There are literally thousands of peer-reviewed scientific journals, testimonials and corresponding documents alleging serious issues with this rushed experimental vaccine.

Can you provide links to a few "peer-reviewed scientific journals" (I think you mean papers) substantiating these "serious issues"? Peer reviewed? Really? Or reviewed by peers of quacks? Strange, but my partner is a university biochemistry professor who has been following the COVID vaccine issue quite closely and is unable to find any such credible articles/papers? Could it be that they (gasp) don't exist?

Hmmm. :-\

Katz

pianogirl

I completely agree. My husband and I are not getting it. We did our homework on it and it so so unsafe. Even the founder of RNA vaccines says it is not safe. I know so many that have gotten this vaccine and had COVID after getting it as well, including my mother, as well as strokes. It is so sad. And by the way I have already had covid so I have ben through it. It was horrible but not as bad as they make it out to be and the numbers they report are so skewed. That is coming from people in teh health industry that are being told to report incorrect data such as a nursing home listing a person that passed as a covid death 5 times. Scary stuff. I just say do your homework and don't just look at what the mainstream media tell us. Look at other sources.

Even the founder of RNA vaccines says it is not safe.

Please tell me where.

You did your homework did you? Ai yi.

the numbers they report are so skewed. That is coming from people in the health industry that are being told to report incorrect data such as a nursing home listing a person that passed as a covid death 5 times.

Oh what a crock of bs. Unsubstantiated drivel. "People in the health industry"? Oooooo, those unnamed people again. Do you have anything to back up these absurd statements? No. I thought not. You have evidently drunk the cup of koolaid to the brim. Listen, you are free to believe whatever crap you want to, and free to get vaccinated or not (why on earth would you need to if you already had COVID-19 . . . you'd be swimming with antibodies)  but please don't inflict it on us.

Really.

:nono:

Katz

Politics aside; I got Moderna. 1st shot, got a headache and felt very mildly flu-ey, 2nd shot got nothing. It was fine. Overall, I was fine with Moderna and glad I got vaccinated.

Hope that helps,

HM

Nobel Laureate Luc Montagnier belongs on the Quackwatch website, along with now discredited Andrew Wakefield. As a person with Autism, all I can say is this guy lost his cred and is a total whacko. I wouldn't trust anything he has to say about COVID vaccines. For reputable research on Autism, try Simon Baron-Cohen and Uta Firth. Paxia wrote an excellent post regarding the history and development of the COVID vaccines using the mRNA, she is very good at providing research sources. Given the choice between the Vaccine or COVID, you can bet I went for the vaccine. And when I read Paxia's post, I felt confident I made the right decision.

Oh, and Colin, I loved the "wingnut territory" phrase.  :thumbsup:

There is a risk for drinking too much water,

A woman died several years ago of Hyponatremia after taking part in a contest to win a new car. Contestants had to drink massive quantities of water, with the winner being the one who drank the most. They were given limited bathroom breaks. H20 killed her, by reducing her sodium levels to extremely low amounts.

Lightning strikes are very rare, but recently a British farmer lost a significant number of cattle. They were standing in a row near a metal fence, in the field, when the fence got struck by a bolt of lightening, killing the cows.

COVID has proven itself to be a far greater risk than the vaccines. doriia, if you want to skip the vaccine, and play Russian Roulette with COVID, that is your choice. I got the vaccine to protect myself, and protect others by unknowingly spreading it, as you can spread the disease before you have symptoms and test positive. 

I'm sorry, you had to go through all that with the PPI. I was going through that in the beginning of my journey of klonopin. The rebound acid sucks. I'm not sure if you are familiar but Gaviscon Extra Strength or better Advanced (UK version) is amazing for acid reflux. It help prevent the acid from going upwards to the throat. I hope you had better luck with the G,I doctor. I hate the past 2 that I have.

The Gaviscon UK stuff is great, it contains alginate from seaweed that forms a raft that blocks the acid from escaping the esophageal sphincter. The last GI doc was great, helped me work with the FDA and the UK researchers behind Netazepide, so I could get it. He believed me, and he spoke directly with the doctor that owns the research company. He was satisfied it was safe, and the FDA agreed my health was at risk without it, which is why I got approval. My GI doc was recommended by a nurse associated with the hospitals in my area. Try asking a nurse for a recommendation, they often know the best doctors. Hopefully you can find a good one.

Oh, and since the use of "Nobel Laureate" came up a few post back, the developer of Netazepide is the late Sir James Black, a brilliant man who entered medical school at age 15, then unsatisfied with just being a doctor, he got his PhD in Pharmacology. He won the Nobel Prize for his work on propranolol (Beta Blocker) and cimetidine (H2 Blocker) which were originally developed to treat Orphan Diseases (rare diseases). He was involved in the development of the statin Mevacor, and before his death, was researching Netazepide, a gastrin blocker. His specialty is creating Orphan Drugs for Orphan Diseases because Big Pharma has no interest. But those Orphan Drugs were found to help more common diseases, and Big Pharma was happy to pay to mass produce them and reap the profits. Unlike Montagnier, Black was a reliable scientist right up to his death. Black was embarrassed he won a Nobel Prize, he didn't think he deserved it.

I got J&J one-doser. Not going to lie, after 8 hours I had a 100.1 fever and was extremely fatigued along with aches and pains. Took some tylenol to mitigate the pain and fever and I was fine after a day. Went as quick as it came but it wasn't fun.

If what I felt is a fraction of what Covid is really like, I don't have any regrets in getting the shot as there's risks in everything.

I wish there was a rule and guideline regarding anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theory posts. They don't contribute to the purpose of this forum.

I wish there was a rule and guideline regarding anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theory posts. They don't contribute to the purpose of this forum.

I agree, BL. All we can do is make them cough up their references, which they can't. But in the meantime, they do mischief and spread doubt and fear. Colin and piano girl did a good job with one of them who posted bs earlier in this thread. Kudos to them.

Best to you, BL.

Katz

COVID has proven itself to be a far greater risk than the vaccines. doriia, if you want to skip the vaccine, and play Russian Roulette with COVID, that is your choice. I got the vaccine to protect myself, and protect others by unknowingly spreading it, as you can spread the disease before you have symptoms and test positive.

I'm not here to argue. Just stating the facts from the VAERS site itself telling you how (safe) this vaccine is. Please, be careful and remember that this is a gov't entity. No "conspiracy" here: https://www.openvaers.com/covid-data?fbclid=IwAR1CQzFlShiA0BiECm2voBTOwaJ9os_Ta1K3IFvjWT1S0Xe1et_w_uyPadU

I'm not here to argue. Just stating the facts from the VAERS site itself telling you how (safe) this vaccine is. Please, be careful and remember that this is a gov't entity. No "conspiracy" here: https://www.openvaers.com/covid-data?fbclid=IwAR1CQzFlShiA0BiECm2voBTOwaJ9os_Ta1K3IFvjWT1S0Xe1et_w_uyPadU

I participated in VAERS, and if you check stats for flu shots or any other shot, there are going to be adverse reactions. Same with drugs/medications. No drug, vaccine, treatment, is 100% safe. COVID is 100% unsafe. You will be sick, you are at increased risk from long haul COVID, you could die from it. The death toll has been staggering.

So if you want to talk about facts, lets look at the facts about COVID. COVID has made far more people sick, caused more long-term effects (we don't even know just how bad long COVID is), and killed far more people than any of the vaccines from Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca or J&J. I don't need to link you to the facts regarding the dangers of COVID, it's been all over the media, the web/internet, posted by the CDC, etc.

Again, you are free to skip the vaccine and take your chances. As I am free to get it and reduce my risk of COVID.

I participated in VAERS, and if you check stats for flu shots or any other shot, there are going to be adverse reactions. Same with drugs/medications. No drug, vaccine, treatment, is 100% safe. COVID is 100% unsafe. You will be sick, you are at increased risk from long haul COVID, you could die from it. The death toll has been staggering.

So if you want to talk about facts, lets look at the facts about COVID. COVID has made far more people sick, caused more long-term effects (we don't even know just how bad long COVID is), and killed far more people than any of the vaccines from Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca or J&J. I don't need to link you to the facts regarding the dangers of COVID, it's been all over the media, the web/internet, posted by the CDC, etc.

Again, you are free to skip the vaccine and take your chances. As I am free to get it and reduce my risk of COVID.

Well said benzolottie !  Very well said!😊

*mic drop* Bravo, Lottie, Bravo! ❤️