Treating Inflammation With Supplements and Herbs/Spices

[bo...]

I've been doing a ton of research into chronic fatigue syndrome. I've been noticing that when I get to feeling really badly lately, it is usually because I get too tired or exhausted to do the things that I want/need to do. Furthermore, I can barely function after 3:00 without taking a nap. Now I know naps are healthy, but it would be nice to be able to function at night without one.

I've been doing a lot of research about how inflammation in the brain, which is never diagnosed by a western medicine doctor, like encephalitis, etc. can cause people chronic fatigue, depression, mood swings, anxiety, ect. I've been seeking out different supplements to help with it if that's the issue, one being turmeric. I've been getting a lot of turmeric by making golden milk every other day. Also, I just started NAC and may try some other recommended things like COQ10, gingko, vitamin d, etc.

Does anybody know about treating fatigue for things that help with inflammation?

ginger tea, made with real ginger root. I slice off some pieces and put them in boiling water. It supposed to be good for stomach upset too.

and you prob already know that sugar causes inflammation so less of it is better.

I've done the golden milk too - its a nice warm drink in the winter and I'll add cinnamon to it as well.

:)

Why would you want to function at night without a nap?

A big Vit. C

zinc low dose.

or a low dose B complex if you can tolerate it but I wouldn't recommend the B's

Magnesium suppose to help with fatigue too but its 50% dependable how people react to it during benzo w/d, some reacts well to it others dont.

I would only recommend adding the C and zinc for now.

Inflammation is treated with antioxidants.  A, C, E

Dont take too much of A specially if you are a smoker.

also zinc competes with another mineral for absorption if I remember correctly copper, dont take them at the same time.

If I don't get a quick nap, I get too tired to do much of anything all night. It's literally just me waiting to go to bed.

I frequently cook up a batch of dal. The ingredients list is packed out with anti-inflammatory compounds:

Onions, garlic, tomatoes, ginger, tamarind, turmeric & black pepper... these all go well in a dal and all have anti-inflammatory properties. I cook up the dal and tend to eat it quite often topped with avocado to make a very tasty and nutritionally optimised (for me, at least) meal. Lentils are a pretty good food for most people... cheap too. I'm not master chef but there are loads of recipes online and my first attempt was good enough and I got better from there.

What truly helps me with inflammation is limiting the hours in the day when I eat. I am not a strict intermittent faster, I don't think you need to go that far. But I don't usually eat before 11am and I normally don't eat after 7pm. That means that I typically give my body at least 16 hours without eating in a day and that helps A LOT. If you go about 12 hours without eating, a function called autophagy will kick in, which is great for healing in general... but hardly anybody knows about this and our modern lifestyles tend to see us never go so long without eating. We didn't evolve to eat so frequently and our bodies don't thank us for it. It's not hard to adjust to a schedule like mine or go even further and I believe it really does help a lot.