Clonazepam taper help

[1h...]

Seekingtoheal - so sorry to hear your sleep has been degrading. At what point did that start happening? How is the Mirtazapine helping? Your pace sound similar to my plan - right now I'm cutting about 3-4% a week, averaging around 7-8% over two weeks and doing ok. Mild symptoms but manageable. Once I get to the night pill I'll be cutting no more than .002 daily and then .001, where towards the end I'll likely have to cut .001 for a few days, then hold 3-4 days, to keep the % cut each week to something manageable. But taking it one step at a time right now! Today I'm at .078 day pill (15%), so I'm steadily getting down and should be off the day pill in a month or so.

Thanks again for posting your progress and I'll keep doing the same!

KlonopinQuitterinCO thanks. Sleep degraded at about .30 mg.  Mirtazapine is helping plus I take slow release and quick dissolve melatonin.

I am doing 6-7% a week which is somewhat aggressive. I tried doing 0.002 g a day but that was tough. I may have to start cycling to 0.001 g every other day.

It looks like you have a good plan. Look forward to seeing your progress and updates.

Are you still taking Zoloft and does it work? I have it but have not taken.

I have been taking it a few months and do think it’s helped. But the first few weeks made the anxiety worse, so not sure if worth it for where you’re at. But if the anxiety gets really bad during your wean, you can consider it. But in the end, it’s just another drug to wean off of later, so if you can get by without it, then no need to take it!

6-7% is a little aggressive. I did 17% over 2 weeks and really felt it. Have you gone at that pace all along or more recently as you’ve gotten to lower dose? My plan right now has me dropping a lot quicker later on, which I know I may have to adjust based on how I’m doing. I’d love to go at .001 every day once I’m under .3, but that’s when the % drops start to get bigger and bigger, so may have to slow it down. Keep me posted how yours goes! I’ve got many months until I get there!

KlonopinQuitterinCO True. I do not want to introduce another drug now if I can help it. You are right it is aggressive. I am sure I will have to adjust soon. As far as pace is concerned I did cut/hold until 4/4 when I switched to DMT. I have been doing that pace since then. To your point once I dropped below 0.3 mg keeping the 0.001 g drop per day has gotten harder. For example when I get to 0.25 mg that is a 1.16% average drop a day for me. When I get to 0.20 mg that % goes up to 1.45%. Does not seem like much but as we all know it is. I am tracking my progress weekly in my Restarting Generic Klonopin Taper thread on the withdrawal board and posting weekly and that is how I have my taper plan setup.

I know the timeframe sounds daunting, believe me I want to be done today! But I am trying to ensure success in getting off this drug. Still bewilders me how powerful it is.

I have no doubt you will get there!

Hey there! You are doing great! Congratulations on your progress. I’m down to.250 and feeling better. Debating whether or not to keep dry cutting from here on since I can only split my pills into quarters. If I keep tapering by one quarter pill at a linear taper I will be cutting more than 12 percent and so on. I’ll have to see how I feel by the next cut.

1hopeful, hope you are doing well. Have you thought about switching to a fine tune method, such as daily micro tapering with a scale and weight, etc. reductions or doing a liquid base titration method. I am cutting about 7% a week and it has its rough times. Right now I am doing a daily micro taper but may need to switch to every other day micro taper. We all need to keep plugging away to get to that drug free end day.

I have considered other methods but I'm going to keep plugging away at cutting my .125 ODT pills into quarters and tapering at that rate every two weeks. My last cut was 11.5 percent and well tolerated. I just made my next cut last night at 12.5 percent so we'll see how that goes. If that proves too difficult to handle then I will probably switch to weigh scale and do 10 percent or less. I'm currently at .218 and feeling about 70 percent. My Dr added 200 mg Gabapentin twice a day and that helps with the nerve pain. He wanted me at 300 mg TID but I don't want to have another issue to deal with after my Clonazepam taper. Have you considered holding for a couple of weeks to allow your CNS to heal a little more? We do a lot of damage while tapering through an unstable CNS and it just ends up taking more time to heal. The burning nerve pain and muscle aches aren't always actual withdrawal symptoms per se but rather the aftermath of either tapering too fast, too big or too often. Sometimes a 2 or 4 week hold helps before moving further down. I've also started taking some dissolvable NAD pills that have seemed to help with my cuts. I'm calling it a placebo effect since i'm always a skeptic on supplements but i'll take what I can get right now. Most NAD oral supplements are not thought to be effective because it gets broken down in the stomach and never makes it into our bloodstream. The dissolvable pills are supposed to absorb a little before making it to the stomach. I hold it under my tongue. It's a huge cost alternative to NAD IV infusions and besides there aren't enough studies to show just how effective it is at treating withdrawal. Several Buddies here seem to have benefitted from the infusions but the results are mixed. All I can tell you is that with my last cut a week ago, I was really starting to feel it by day 4 si I figured I would try the NAD pills. After the second pill in the afternoon I was feeling relief. I know that withdrawals aren't totally linear and symptoms can wax and wean through waves and windows but I kept feeling better past day four and I usually peak somewhere between day 7-10. I'll let you know if it works this time around.

I have considered other methods but I'm going to keep plugging away at cutting my .125 ODT pills into quarters and tapering at that rate every two weeks. My last cut was 11.5 percent and well tolerated. I just made my next cut last night at 12.5 percent so we'll see how that goes. If that proves too difficult to handle then I will probably switch to weigh scale and do 10 percent or less. I'm currently at .218 and feeling about 70 percent. My Dr added 200 mg Gabapentin twice a day and that helps with the nerve pain. He wanted me at 300 mg TID but I don't want to have another issue to deal with after my Clonazepam taper. Have you considered holding for a couple of weeks to allow your CNS to heal a little more? We do a lot of damage while tapering through an unstable CNS and it just ends up taking more time to heal. The burning nerve pain and muscle aches aren't always actual withdrawal symptoms per se but rather the aftermath of either tapering too fast, too big or too often. Sometimes a 2 or 4 week hold helps before moving further down. I've also started taking some dissolvable NAD pills that have seemed to help with my cuts. I'm calling it a placebo effect since i'm always a skeptic on supplements but i'll take what I can get right now. Most NAD oral supplements are not thought to be effective because it gets broken down in the stomach and never makes it into our bloodstream. The dissolvable pills are supposed to absorb a little before making it to the stomach. I hold it under my tongue. It's a huge cost alternative to NAD IV infusions and besides there aren't enough studies to show just how effective it is at treating withdrawal. Several Buddies here seem to have benefitted from the infusions but the results are mixed. All I can tell you is that with my last cut a week ago, I was really starting to feel it by day 4 si I figured I would try the NAD pills. After the second pill in the afternoon I was feeling relief. I know that withdrawals aren't totally linear and symptoms can wax and wean through waves and windows but I kept feeling better past day four and I usually peak somewhere between day 7-10. I'll let you know if it works this time around.

Good info. I am slowing down right now and will give it a few more days and may go into hold/stabilize for a time. Will check out NAD. Thanks definitely let me know.