Cold turkey from what dose can be lethal - need reference for book

[Va...]

My story might be pulbished but I need to come up with some references. I need to know abrupt stopping from what dose can be lethal? I thought it was 20 mg of diazepam or equivalent, but need a valid document for a reference.

I would appreciate any comment that can lead me to an answere! Thanks

[07...]
There's no rules. It depends on individual and his medication history. We have people suffering horribly after tapering off from very low doses of diazepam, and people who recovered quickly from cold-turkey of high doses of clonazepam.

[db...]

I've never seen a number for that.  People on the rec side sometimes do very large amounts of these drugs one day and none the next without major issues.  Yeah, they're playing with fire, but it clearly doesn't kill the huge majority of them.

I think fatalities from benzo withdrawal are extremely rare - even for those who c/t from large doses.

In prison it happens when people dont get their benzo's for more than one day. Its in the page of the benzo coalition.

I'm sure Ive read somewhere there was a risk above 20 mg of diazepam, but not sure it was valid information or someone just saying something. I would like to have an official number because my doc cold turkeyed me without someone to monitor me and I want to make the point that that was dangerous.

[db...]
20 mg Diazepam is 2 mg Ativan.  I c/t'd from 2 mg Ativan.  While (very) unpleasant, people don't die from that.  I can't say that it's unheard of since there is a remote chance of a seizure for a susceptible person, but it would be very very very rare.

• 3 weeks later...

The Swedish Pharmacia Information, and in Swedish, so I can't send a link:

The oral LD ​​50 (lethal dose in 50% of the population) of diazepam is 720 mg / kg in mice and 1240 mg / kg in rats. DJ Greenblatt and colleagues reported in 1978 that two patients who had taken 500 and 2000 mg of diazepam, respectively, went into moderate depths. And were discharged within 48 hours without experiencing any major complications, despite having high concentrations of diazepam and its metabolites desmetyldiazepam, oxazepam and temazepam, according to samples taken at the hospital and as a follow-up.

There are several articles on the Internet "lethal dose of Diazepam." It may be easier for you to find because English is not my mother tongue.  :)