Jumping!

[...]

I’m having a surprisingly tough time throwing away the leftover K and Lunesta I have. I guess it just shows how much value I gave them...and continue to give them. I keep thinking maybe I’ll have a friend that’ll need it one day...like in an emergency. And then I think ... I don’t wish this kind of dependence on anyone else. Plus, isn’t sharing drugs illegal... :/

I’m having a surprisingly tough time throwing away the leftover K and Lunesta I have. I guess it just shows how much value I gave them...and continue to give them. I keep thinking maybe I’ll have a friend that’ll need it one day...like in an emergency. And then I think ... I don’t wish this kind of dependence on anyone else. Plus, isn’t sharing drugs illegal... :/

I kept my remaining 32 tablets of ativan for a week after I jumped.  I was afraid if sx got really bad I might take a rescue dose, so I got rid of them then and there.  I never want to go down this road again.  Today I'm four weeks benzo free. Ginger

• 3 weeks later...
I still have my ativan left over, probably a couple of months worth. Not really sure what to do with it? I think I'd rather eat glass than take any more of that poison. My experience with benzo withdrawal has been my worst experience with any drug withdrawal. I'm a recovering alcoholic and addict and benzo withdrawal has been the worst by far that I've dealt with. I would like to mention I never abused the ativan, I took it as prescribed. In all fairness I never went through alcohol withdrawal, I was never a maintenance drinker. Had I known I never would have taken ativan. So grateful to be benzo free for 5 months!

Andy great job!  You give me hope I would never have taken Ativan if I had known what was ahead for me.  So want to be free of this stuff.

Dianedeedee

I hope you’re all doing well!

Day 33 benzo free today. It’s been an interesting time to observe how I’m feeling.

I have a persistent light but annoying cough at night which has made me paranoid about covid. Thankfully tests are negative. My sleep isn’t great. I can fall asleep but I just don’t stay asleep for very long. Was out one day and suddenly this strange feeling washed over me and my balance was off. The way I visualize it is that it felt like a shallow pool of water covered all of my senses so my balance was off and my thinking was skewed. I immediately broke into a profuse cold sweat.

When I look back at these unexplained things, I think they’re related to my body getting used to not having any K. I will keep plugging along. :)

• 9 months later...

I hope you’re all doing well!

Day 33 benzo free today. It’s been an interesting time to observe how I’m feeling.

I have a persistent light but annoying cough at night which has made me paranoid about covid. Thankfully tests are negative. My sleep isn’t great. I can fall asleep but I just don’t stay asleep for very long. Was out one day and suddenly this strange feeling washed over me and my balance was off. The way I visualize it is that it felt like a shallow pool of water covered all of my senses so my balance was off and my thinking was skewed. I immediately broke into a profuse cold sweat.

When I look back at these unexplained things, I think they’re related to my body getting used to not having any K. I will keep plugging along. :)

WIP,

How are you?