Opinions on recent video-"why tapers fail"

[Gr...]

I'm getting very close to the end of my Klonopin taper. At the end of the taper in 14 days, I will be at 2 1/2 % (.0125). I was taking 1.5 mg for 2 years before starting my taper last April. The man on the video was saying not to completely stop right away because it won't work for you due to Gaba receptors not being "satisfied". He says you need to micro taper when you have a craving and then you can stop. Anyway, does anyone agree with what he's saying? Opinions please!

Sorry, I was not clear about the video I was speaking of. It was the video casestudy was also asking about on this forum on November 12th. I don't believe everything I hear, but this video did give me some concerns since I'm nearing the end of my taper.

[59...]

I watched as much as I could stand.  He's a little long-winded (for me) and often misstates units mixing up milligrams and micrograms.  I got impatient about half-way thru.

From what I saw, his micro taper wasn't really all that micro.  It was more of a traditional cut and hold.  0.125 mg cuts every 5 days.  Then cut to 0.0625 mg for a while.  Finally he strung out the final dose of 0.0625 mg by doing it every 2 days, then every 3 days, etc.  That idea comes up every now and then, but most people don't like the results. 

If you're concerned about the end of your taper, you could walk down the final 0.0125 mg a little further before your jump.  I would pay attention to how your recent cuts have been going.  If recent cuts have been horribly difficult, then walking down a little more might make sense (e.g. 0.008, 0.004).  If the last few cuts have been fairly tolerable, then I wouldn't worry about the final jump.

You've done an admirable job with your taper, btw!

Very curious for opinions too, I will repost the link

Thanks casestudy, I was thinking about merging the two threads but you solved the problem.  :thumbsup:

Np Pam, so this is saying that I would need to cross back over to Xanax at an equivalent dose of .25-4 times a day and work from there, I’m not sure about this, it was not easy to switch to Valium, much less taper on it. I know my body craves the original Xanax chemical and only tolerates others, I can see some relief in switching back but cuts are going to hurt no matter what. I don’t know if the saw tooth of Xanax in between doses would make things worse. I’ll research people who are on Xanax direct tapers. I never tried just a straight taper of Xanax.

Badsocref, thanks so much for watching part of the video. I'll have to say, it was difficult to get through it all.  He actually seemed very angry at times and I wondered about that.  I've been on BB since last January and I was curious because I had never read anything like that here, but being that I absolutely want to be completely drug-free for the 1st time in my adult life, I really want to get it right this time!

My last cuts have gone well, so I think I'll just go ahead and finish after the last dose of  0.0125 on Thanksgiving Day!!