Does this get any better? Please, tell me it does.

[Be...]

@[Ca...]

Thank you so much for sending strength and encouragement  :) As I said in my Progress Log, I'm starting to get used to the withdrawal. I mean there is nothing else you can do at this point, except wait and hope that time heals you. Thanks to everyone. Pamster, pacenik, you too guys.

@Cantfly

Thank you so much for sending strength and encouragement  :) As I said in my Progress Log, I'm starting to get used to the withdrawal. I mean there is nothing else you can do at this point, except wait and hope that time heals you. Thanks to everyone. Pamster, pacenik, you too guys.

My pleasure.. -Everyones, im sure.. :)

Perhaps I should thank you for giving me cause to ponder my own journey going back 6 or so years..

Funny how there’s an unexpected quid pro quo sometimes..!! When we are both better and can look back in a reflective way, I might bomb you with my own questions...

May your windows be soon and long lasting..

:)

BenzoMutant. I just want to say that I'm thinking of you, and always read your log. I also did a CT, polydrugged way too many years. I hope you feel better soon.  :hug:

I read your post while waiting for my cars oil change. I knew I had to reply.

Benzo wd can truly test you. You, like most of us, you got hit with a truly awful surprise. That our innocent little pills could cause such immense damage is....truly horrifying.

My best suggestion is to kind of force yourself to be optimistic, even though your benzo brain is telling you all the time how messed up you are. Benzo Lies, of the worst kind. Those lies ell you that you wont heal. Maybe you think some dreadful disease is causing your symptoms. You think "I will never heal. People who say the did heal from this must be  crazy as a bat out of hell." Benzo wd can play with your mind, your logic, your  judgement. Benzo wd is something to be endured, because it does feel SO awful, with various symptoms all going on at the same time.

I went CT in 2012. The first 2 years were awful. Almost beyond describing. I healed slowly, but eventually I did feel (sort of) normal again. What amazed me was how much better my overall health became, once off benzos. That shocked me. I am an RN of many years, and even worked in a detox center and an acute psych ward. I NEVER heard how bad benzo wd could be for some people.  Never!

But here I am, 8 years later and fully healed from benzos. I would NEVER wish this stuff on anyone. Benzo wd is, for some, truly a "watershed" event. Was  for me.

Annie

Benzomutant - my heart goes out to you. Please know that you will heal - you won’t feel this way forever - I promise.  Be as positive as you can - reverse all the negative thoughts - you will heal, you will get better. I completely fried my brain with inconsistent doses of Valium for 5 months.  If you do choose to re-instate - be consistent - that can be super hard.  Whatever you decide to do you will have mine & many others support. You can do this!

Thank you all!!!  :smitten:

I have been away for some time because I wanted to distract myself as much as possible from the withdrawal. Well, I'm happy to say I already notice improvements in my 5th week. My hands aren't shaking, my heart has stopped pounding and the cog fog/derealization has gone. The only remaining symptom is fatigue and weakness. I just want to be more functional, but I have to be patient. I can see it's getting better  :thumbsup:

Wow, you sound great BenzoMutant, I've sure been wondering how you were doing.  I know there is still a long way to go but my goodness, to hear your hands aren't shaking and your heart has quit pounding is wonderful!

Have you been to university, is this how you've been distracting yourself?  I'm so happy, so relieved, your post made my day! :smitten:

Thank you all!!!  :smitten:

I have been away for some time because I wanted to distract myself as much as possible from the withdrawal. Well, I'm happy to say I already notice improvements in my 5th week. My hands aren't shaking, my heart has stopped pounding and the cog fog/derealization has gone. The only remaining symptom is fatigue and weakness. I just want to be more functional, but I have to be patient. I can see it's getting better  :thumbsup:

Yay! This is awesome.  Well done you! Be kind to yourself. Distraction is indeed a wonderful tool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...