Things I’m going to do when I heal

[Sh...]

I made quilts for my kids when they were little. I’ve never done paper piecing tho. Lady would be the expert there. Have u ever seen the movie how to make an American quilt? Love that movie x

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [La...]

• [le...]

• [ki...]

Top Posters In This Topic

N o haven't see that. They have quilting group in the retirement org I belong to but haven't got sewing machine so haven't joined. I really got into tapestry, did long stitch ones so they look like pictures framed some of them

My nanna used to do those. I think anything like that is good to keep mind active. I have to start making teachers presents for the end of the year soon, hard to get motivated!

Think anything that keeps you busy is good. I'm running out of ideas more or less decorated the house as couldn't do anything for months in lockdown. Have a good day I'm off to bed in a minute.

Wow how beautiful Shay! Like a dream! Yes I've seen how to make American quilt movie. Very good!

Hi Leana how are you? Did you find something to do?

Wow how beautiful Shay! Like a dream! Yes I've seen how to make American quilt movie. Very good!

Hi Leana how are you? Did you find something to do?

Still getting bit bored my symptoms are OCD type symptoms get worried may have hurt people walking past in the street so going out hard. Have just started seeing psychotherapist and doing exposure therapy but finding it very hard. How long have you been bed bound is it all down to the drugs very tough if it is. Any tips on how to fill the day would be helpful. Do you have many restrictions still , none of clubs I used to go to running but not full lockdown at moment.

I'm sorry you're having a tough time, Leann. It will get better. I meditate/ listen to relaxing music with rain, waterfall, soft piano, nature sounds, etc atleast once a day. It helps so much to keep the brain calm & fight the intrusive thoughts. I hope that it helps you too. Give it a try. I also list things in ABC order like USA 50 states, types of flowers, clothing, foods, countries etc. I list them slowly in my head. This will disrupt your looping intrusive impulsive thoughts as well. Coloring helps. Drawing. Knitting. Crossword puzzles. Online games. Reading. ( we've started a book club here on benzo buddies) please join us.

I've been bedridden off & on for 2 years. This last time it's been 7 months. Yes it happen because of Ambien. It's the only medicine I was taking.

Yes we have restrictions and mask requirements in public places like grocery stores, mall, restaurants etc Our governor still have all the clubs and non essential places are closed or very limited

I've tried meditating can't get my head round it you sound much calmer person than me , you should be an inspirational speaker to help others! Have been doing yoga every morning which think helps a bit. Think coz I'm normally out and about lot so finding it hard being in house lot more. Covid has certainly not helped and figures going up here as I think they are in US.I don't feel as bad as did end of last year felt quite suicidal didn't want to see anyone. You are wise not taking anymore meds the anti depressants made me lot worse. I did see the book club, I've got few books at home already but good to other people's suggestions. Glad I've found these alternative boards anyway😄

Thx for the comment. With meditation it's simple to just close your eyes and picture something nice like a rose with dew on it, beach, holding a new baby, etc you just stay there in that peaceful moment for a bit. Not as hard as it may sound. But I'm glad you tried it. Maybe as you heal more, you can try it again. Yes our covid numbers are rising in certain states. Being home doesn't bother me so I don't mind at all. I'm a very creative person. I can easily come up with something to do. I'm enjoying this site so much. It's a great distraction from my symptoms and important information. Just a blessing!

Yes this forum is a good distraction I'm trying not to look at the withdrawal forum quite so much  but itis a real support when you're down. I did manage to go to our local park with husband today sat on bench and watched world go by. Think I've got bit too much of butterfly mind for meditation but can see it can be very calming. I'm trying get into watercolours again maybe it's positive sign I want to be out as beginning of year didn't want go anywhere. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn is really good book , book much better than the film.

Not too bad. managed to go to park today with husband without freaking out.Just desperate to be able to get out more slowly getting there. Hopefully that's sign things improving. Just hope we can get away next year being able to travel again would be so wonderful fingers crossed. Have you been to Adelaine my friend's son lives there looks very pretty.

I think getting out more is a good idea leann. It teaches u to be more calm I think. There are still days I have trouble going out, I feel like everyone knows what’s going on with me, but the truth is they don’t, and I am a nice person who is just having a challenging time. I’m not a bad person and I’m doing the best I can in shitty circumstances. You are too Leann. U should try to get out and do this more with ur husband, even if only for 30 mins a day. Some days I can’t, but that’s maybe once a fortnight. Talking to people seems like something terrifying at times, but once u do it u realise it’s not so hard x and actually it’s nice to interact

Have been making myself walk along our high street twice a day. Therapist advised trying go out on my own. Very hard get over stupid thoughts that I've pushed people over this OCD horrible. She said don't overdo it so play it by ear. Depends on weather as been very wet recently . If I could find somewhere with no people I'd be fine but never seems happen. Just seems take so long to improve but gradually getting there.

Leann you made a positive step in the right direction by going to the park. Wow how I wish I could go! It's one of my favorite places. I'm proud of you for doing that. I know it wasn't easy.

Shay, you're not mean person at all. You've been a blessing to me! Talking to people is a good way to fight the blah feeling. Keep doing it. Someone on here said the mental issues from benzos are just as bad as the physical ones. Well, if they ask me, I'd say they're equal. Both are hell.

I’d agree with that. I told leann the other day I think if I could sleep I’d be healed by now. When I sleep, I feel fine. Mild almost undetectable symptoms. But when I don’t sleep, I’m depressed anxious and my physical symptoms are bad too. The mental stuff is horrible because it’s so hard to break out of that head space. Ur both doing great. We need to keep fighting, and be here for each other on the days we can’t fight. Now I’m getting teary thinking about all of you on here and how unfair it is. My hubby’s friend who has cancer just found out it’s spreading the other day. He is very very sick. I think of him often and it makes me think I have nothing to complain about. There is always someone worse off. There are people living on the streets. We have loving families And a roof over our heads. We are lucky. We have a chance x

You're absolutely right. Someone is always worse shape than us. I'm sorry for your friend cancer spreading. I know his family is devasted. I'm the same as you. If I sleep well, I feel much better. If I don't, I'm in terrible shape until I can sleep. I noticed this while tapering. And guess what, I have a new symptom and one that has gone away. New symptom is bearable but a little annoying. If I didn't know it was withdrawal then I'd call my doctor cuz it's STRANGE!