Seems like many food aggravate my withdrawals

[li...]

Lemons, onions, dates, garlic, pepper. I get pins and needles or tremors or anxiety and cant sleep. I cant take most supplements in tolerence withdrawals so bad.  I cant imagine how will I survive tapering. Im absolutely terrified. I just had salmon with butter and lemon and that made me go into a panic attack.  I didnt realize lemons can do that. Has anyone heard of this?

The truth is you tapered too fast and that's why you exhibit symptoms. It has nothing to do with the food or supplements. Histamine in food is a myth. So-called "integrative medicine" advertises it, but there is no science behind it. Banana is not a citrus.

quote author=Maugham1 link=topic=246008.msg3133604#msg3133604 date=1600260487]

Lemons, onions, dates, garlic, pepper. I get pins and needles or tremors or anxiety and cant sleep. I cant take most supplements in tolerence withdrawals so bad.  I cant imagine how will I survive tapering. Im absolutely terrified. I just had salmon with butter and lemon and that made me go into a panic attack.  I didnt realize lemons can do that. Has anyone heard of this?

The truth is you tapered too fast and that's why you exhibit symptoms. It has nothing to do with the food or supplements. Histamine in food is a myth. So-called "integrative medicine" advertises it, but there is no science behind it. Banana is not a citrus.

I understand that argumentative debates must be extremely ridiculous when you are desperate and at  life or death suffering levels.

The problem is that Maugham1 publicly identified himself 9/5/20 to BB as whole as an MD.  I have no clue why someone would invite that inevitable neverending liability upon themselves and BB as a whole, but rationale often takes a hit during benzo withdrawals.

It is wildly inappropriate, but you received a medical diagnosis about your medical health based on the initial information you provided on an online health support forum from a self advertised/identified MD.

I know your situation is deadly serious and I am really upset that the only thing I can do is pray for your symptoms to ease and strongly suggest that you continue to seek medical help until someone clues in on the loads of withdrawal symptoms and attached dietary issues that accompany Benzodiazepines and other drugs. 

I pray for your well-being and eventual shift into improved health.  Reach out to those around you or to resources in your community, don't feel bad for being desperate.  Keep posting, keep asking questions, keep moving towards a defined goal.

Thank you so much for your caring and prayers Myk  :smitten:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [...]

• [li...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Lila, this sounds really serious. I agree with Janiceh, at this point maybe you do need to go to the emergency room.

Sorry we turned your thread into a debate stage

Thanks Jwl. Im too scared to go to ER. Im afriad they cant help and only make things worse.

Lila  :hug: A lot of people have bad problems when changing brands unfortunately,  its a very common problem  and its best done slowly introducing the new brand if you can rather than stop the old one completely then start a new one, this lady also went in the video link at the bottom of this post through the wringer when switching brands, and if you can't switch back or taper into the original generic I hope it gets better for you soon, and I hope seeing someone whose been there explain it on the video is of help to you. I found her advise very helpful    :)

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello fellow benzo Heroes (and you ARE if you are trying to get off these  drugs). This video is about the 3 tapers that didn't work out for me and what I learned from them-which hopefully will be of value to others  

Lila  :hug: Have you  tried typing into the search box sweetie? You'll find a lot of people have or did have all the symptoms you have that are worrying you, and the same situation your going thorough,  Salmon, I've had to stop eating that as well, if you type Salmon into the search you'll see lots of people who found it problematic as well :)

...While I wait for Lila7... “..x2??..”

Nova, would you agree, or have a view, as to these generic changes being more a secondary issue than a primary cause..??

I mean secondary to tolerance, damage, and sensitisation, -or once it goes bad, all bets are off, kinda thing...

Im just thinking back a few yrs to the extensive dedicated support thread (Teva Discontinuation....??), and the intensive debates and exploration on other threads with the “science guys” and looking, as best I can at various peoples overall journeys.. Its all a bit foggy, and I suck at names, but I get the feeling the majority were the ones having a rather unfortunate overall discontinuation...??

-I guess im wondering if you knew of people that were doing fine, either on med or tapering, and it suddenly went bad solely due to a generic change..??

Ta Mate.. :)

While I have NO doubt of significant generic issues for some, I personally was never convinced, despite being shown how it “could” happen (Oversees labs, FDA allowances and testing, Industry whistle blowers, etc), that what we were seeing here was actual dose discrepancy... Something wasnt right though, but adjusting to (or more attempting to find) “equivalent” doses like we do between types of benzos never seemed to work so well..

From memory, I think?? the other ingredients were not regulated at all, nor tested..??

-(anyone..??)

Nova, would you agree, or have a view, as to these generic changes being more a secondary issue than a primary cause..??

I mean secondary to tolerance, damage, and sensitisation, -or once it goes bad, all bets are off, kinda thing...

Im just thinking back a few yrs to the extensive dedicated support thread (Teva Discontinuation....??), and the intensive debates and exploration on other threads with the “science guys” and looking, as best I can at various peoples overall journeys.. Its all a bit foggy, and I suck at names, but I get the feeling the majority were the ones having a rather unfortunate overall discontinuation...??

-I guess im wondering if you knew of people that were doing fine, either on med or tapering, and it suddenly went bad solely due to a generic change..??

While I have NO doubt of significant generic issues for some, I personally was never convinced, despite being shown how it “could” happen (Oversees labs, FDA allowances and testing, Industry whistle blowers, etc), that what we were seeing here was actual dose discrepancy... Something wasnt right though, but adjusting to (or more attempting to find) “equivalent” doses like we do between types of benzos never seemed to work so well..

From memory, I think?? the other ingredients were not regulated at all, nor tested..??

-(anyone..??)

I don't believe in generic issues. They will have a couple of % difference in drug concentrations at best. Salmon, lemon, pepper, supplements, etc. will not cause withdrawal symptoms to appear. Fast tapering and being on a short-acting benzo will. Solution: switching to a long-acting benzo, going back to a benzo dose where you feel stable on and tapering slowly from there. This is all spelled out in our bible" The Ashton Manual". All everybody has to do is follow it.

-(anyone..??)

I don't believe in generic issues. They will have a couple of % difference in drug concentrations at best. Salmon, lemon, pepper, supplements, etc. will not cause withdrawal symptoms to appear. Fast tapering and being on a short-acting benzo will. Solution: switching to a long-acting benzo, going back to a benzo dose where you feel stable on and tapering slowly from there. This is all spelled out in our bible" The Ashton Manual". All everybody has to do is follow it.

Believe what you want  ::) and  regarding the generic issues, my Dr is also a qualified pharmacist a job he did for may year's, he warned me about generics CAN have an adverse effect on people due to the differences in the drug amounts,  fillers etc, and I think he's a lot better qualified than you to keep perusing what you believe to be true, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but your behaving like the benzo version of The Church of Scientology .

He's also pointed out that due to the hypersensitivities of the CNS bought on by  brain or systemic injuries from  different dugs that its possible for anyone and anything to have a physical reaction to many substances, and also the interaction between who knows how many meds and foods is no where near understood but its  well known about in ''scientific and medical circles''. Also my Diazepam leaflet Say's this and warns against the use of grapefruit and certain other citrus fruits as they potentiate it and that  Caffeine may stop the  Diazepam working

And save your Master debating  for someone else instead of  replying to me I have nothing else to say to you, and care even less about anything else you have to say, I'm more concerned about trying to find a way to help Lila and enough of us on here can validate what's she's going through without you being seemingly everytime someone gives her validation or compassionate advice,  hell bent on  dragging it back in to a  BB debating club thread . Ciao

Nova 1

-(anyone..??)

In addition to the fact that there are no significant differences in benzo content among the various official sources of benzos (generics, brands, etc.), there is a myth here on benzobuddies that the various fillers will affect the efficacy of the benzos. Well, that is a myth; the fillers don't make any difference. They are inert, they are not absorbed, and even if they do, they have no effects on anything in the body.

Lila, this sounds really serious. I agree with Janiceh, at this point maybe you do need to go to the emergency room.

Sorry we turned your thread into a debate stage

Thanks Jwl. Im too scared to go to ER. Im afriad they cant help and only make things worse.

Lila  :hug: A lot of people have bad problems when changing brands unfortunately,  its a very common problem  and its best done slowly introducing the new brand if you can rather than stop the old one completely then start a new one, this lady also went in the video link at the bottom of this post through the wringer when switching brands, and if you can't switch back or taper into the original generic I hope it gets better for you soon, and I hope seeing someone whose been there explain it on the video is of help to you. I found her advise very helpful    :)

Hello fellow benzo Heroes (and you ARE if you are trying to get off these  drugs). This video is about the 3 tapers that didn't work out for me and what I learned from them-which hopefully will be of value to others  

Thank you for the video. I found it helpful with info. She sounds and looks so functional .  I am too scared to go back to the other generic becasue of what happened last time I switched bakc and forth and it made that generic so unstable.I dont know which is worse th e one I am now or going back on the other. Since this is much less potent in my system. It would be like Im updosing but I wouldnt know by how much and the last time I went back it felt good for a couple of days and put me in massive withdrawls and terror pacing back and forth hitting myslef on the head going crazy and screaming. My behavior scared me. The only thing that got me through the night was I tried NAC for the first time and took a quarter of a capsule. I had a severe terror and panic surge a couple of hours later still hallcinated but then it knocked me out so much I slept and slpet and slept. woke up fatigued as death. So fatigued. then it wore off went into withdrawls and even more anxiety than before and dont know if I should try it anymore even if that means no sleep all night long. I dont want to make myslef more anxious than I already am.  I did not have terror surges with this generic I have been on 3 days because my endocrine system was too shut down to make the anxiety hormoens for surges.  In a way that was good but I felt like I was dying too.

Lila, if I were you I wouldn't make any more changes in your fragile condition. When I CT'd and was going through very much the same things you are I found that sleep does come. I hallucinated too but to me it's just dreaming while awake. Our bodies have to dream for some reason

Maugham1, I have a foot in both camps, but personally am not interested in reliving the debate beyond its direct relevance (or not) to Lila7.. -I suspect you dont see the point either..

The way I see it Lila7 primarily wants to reduce “symptoms”, and secondly discontinue the meds..

Thirdly I imagine there is consideration as to not making things worse..

-Its the third that makes this particularly tricky...

Im still wondering if there is still a 4 month Dr imposed timeframe to reach zero.. That kinda throws a spanner in the works for what I think most of us would suggest to Lila7 (in combination with the above “thirdly”)..

I feel like im dancing around the elephant in the room here, and Im not sure where the line is between what will be supportive and appropriate right now, and speculating on the possible realities in a more direct way, which might run into “being prescriptive” issues also..

-Actually, I think Ill leave it to those of you better at blending the two, or walking that line...

My best to All...

Since you attacked me ad hominem, I will respond here. I have looked at your profile and in the last 5 years you went from 10 to 15 mg of diazepam. I don't see how your own experience might help anybody taper.

Not sure who you are talking about but I agree.

Btw, I am almost the same as you regarding tapering -  good luck, it won't be long.

-(anyone..??)

Believe what you want  ::) and  regarding the generic issues, my Dr is also a qualified pharmacist a job he did for may year's, he warned me about generics CAN have an adverse effect on people due to the differences in the drug amounts,  fillers etc, and I think he's a lot better qualified than you to keep perusing what you believe to be true, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but your behaving like the benzo version of The Church of Scientology .

He's also pointed out that due to the hypersensitivities of the CNS bought on by  brain or systemic injuries from  different dugs that its possible for anyone and anything to have a physical reaction to many substances, and also the interaction between who knows how many meds and foods is no where near understood but its  well known about in ''scientific and medical circles''. Also my Diazepam leaflet Say's this and warns against the use of grapefruit and certain other citrus fruits as they potentiate it and that  Caffeine may stop the  Diazepam working

And save your Master debating  for someone else instead of  replying to me I have nothing else to say to you, and care even less about anything else you have to say, I'm more concerned about trying to find a way to help Lila and enough of us on here can validate what's she's going through without you being seemingly everytime someone gives her validation or compassionate advice,  hell bent on  dragging it back in to a  BB debating club thread . Ciao

Nova 1

Since you attacked me ad hominem, I will respond here. I have looked at your profile and in the last 5 years you went from 10 to 15 mg of diazepam. I don't see how your own experience might help anybody taper.

Btw, I am almost the same as you regarding tapering -  good luck, it won't be long.

Good luck to you too. You came down from 100 mg V. What an accomplishment! Congrats!

Sometimes I do get a good laugh here..!!

“Im not sure Who (thus What) you are talking about.. BUT I AGREE”..!!??

As to using someones unfortunate situation against them, -to discount their knowledge, experience, and perception, -well thats just pathetic.. Were you looking for help yourself, Id liken it to shooting oneself in the foot, but your not... It leaves me wondering as to both of your motivations when recent posting history is considered..?? Bad Month, or Sock Puppets, perhaps..??

I know Nova’s “story” well enough to assure anyone that she has more than plenty to offer Lila7, both in compassionate support and knowledge/experience..

As mentioned, Iv reverted to a position of trying to learn (my own thing) from this thread, and the sidetracking doesnt help... Spare a thought to how Lila7 must be feeling right now, -if possible...

And now im compelled to contribute ffs..!! -Its like a bad trick you play on ya mate at the pub...!! :(

How about we all try to bring our best game -to the support boards at the very least... (You can “get me back” on a non support board if need be)... **Rolls eyes**

As to using someones unfortunate situation against them, -to discount their knowledge, experience, and perception, -well thats just pathetic.. Were you looking for help yourself, Id liken it to shooting oneself in the foot, but your not... It leaves me wondering as to both of your motivations when recent posting history is considered..?? Bad Month, or Sock Puppets, perhaps..??

I know Nova’s “story” well enough to assure anyone that she has more than plenty to offer Lila7, both in compassionate support and knowledge/experience..

As mentioned, Iv reverted to a position of trying to learn (my own thing) from this thread, and the sidetracking doesnt help... Spare a thought to how Lila7 must be feeling right now, -if possible...

And now im compelled to contribute ffs..!! -Its like a bad trick you play on ya mate at the pub...!! :(

How about we all try to bring our best game -to the support boards at the very least... (You can “get me back” on a non support board if need be)... **Rolls eyes**

Yes its making me feel so much worse when Im suffering so much. Im barely hanging on. I feel he is being so selfish and couldnt care less about me just his ego. This is probably the last time Im posting on this thread. It really upset me and hurt me so much.  I dont know if I shuld start a new thread because everyone is familir what im going through who has responded here and I wanted to update what is going on and for support. Dont feel like starting a blog.  Im trying very hard to hang in there but I pray everynight that God takes me home when Im asleep in peace so I can rest in peace. .  I tried NAC it knocked me out yesterday woke up fatigud and feeling like death then anxiety and withdrawls felt worse.  Tonight when i tried to lie down I had I dont know what you would call it some sort of surge that burned my insides up my body got so hot unlike it did before. My adrenals even more shut down from the stress of the surge. I didnt have these surges on this generic which I think is the 4th day im on now. Thats why I continued to stay on this didnt want to have those over the top panic surges where I felt like I was dying and I got it tongith. I got it yesterday too after I took the NAC. I did not take any tonight and cant sleep wide awawke. I dont know what this is this surges.If I had been toward the end of my taper or tapered off and had these symptoms I could handle it better emotionally but knowing I havent even begun my taper scares me tremendously as to how much worse it would get. I dread the night every night. I dont know if I will get any sleep at all after taking the NAC and made my withdralws worse.

Yes its making me feel so much worse when Im suffering so much. Im barely hanging on. I feel he is being so selfish and couldnt care less about me just his ego. This is probably the last time Im posting on this thread. It really upset me and hurt me so much.  I dont know if I shuld start a new thread because everyone is familir what im going through who has responded here and I wanted to update what is going on and for support. Dont feel like starting a blog.  Im trying very hard to hang in there but I pray everynight that God takes me home when Im asleep in peace so I can rest in peace. .  I tried NAC it knocked me out yesterday woke up fatigud and feeling like death then anxiety and withdrawls felt worse.  Tonight when i tried to lie down I had I dont know what you would call it some sort of surge that burned my insides up my body got so hot unlike it did before. My adrenals even more shut down from the stress of the surge. I didnt have these surges on this generic which I think is the 4th day im on now. Thats why I continued to stay on this didnt want to have those over the top panic surges where I felt like I was dying and I got it tongith. I got it yesterday too after I took the NAC. I did not take any tonight and cant sleep wide awawke. I dont know what this is this surges.If I had been toward the end of my taper or tapered off and had these symptoms I could handle it better emotionally but knowing I havent even begun my taper scares me tremendously as to how much worse it would get. I dread the night every night. I dont know if I will get any sleep at all after taking the NAC and made my withdralws worse.

Sorry Lila7, Id hope we are all done now..

Id suggest sticking to only a couple of threads for now, depending on actual topics.. You can kinda double up like you have with NAC when you have a side, or specific subject..

-Whatever suits you best, most will work around that easy enough..

If you end up with a longish thread, it can help to re-read it through periodically, -our minds can pick up different things at different times... I think Jwl mentioned stability recently, -not making any changes for a while.. That can be a good tool when chaos rules following changes..

Im still wondering about your timeframe to get off med, as that will have a bearing on what first steps might be more appropriate or viable...

Iv been out for the count for a year or so with symptoms that have made it pretty impossible to manage the details of anything but the simplest of situations.. The fog only lifted a bit a few days ago and I dont know what tomorrow will bring, but Ill do my best to follow and help if I can...

Your not on your own, and I can assure you many people have survived similar, -I hope you hear from them if you havnt already..

:)

Can anyone clarify is food actually contributes to withdrawl. I have wanted to change my diet for years but really dont know if its even worth the effort and more junk food/caffeine wd on top of this benzo nightmare. If it doesnt speed up the process of healing i personally feel like its easier to just deal with feeling a bit off from a coffee or whatever. Coffee is literally the only joy I have in life through this. It gives me a nice buzz but does rev me up.

There are people saying caffeine helps this process and also that it is terrible for the CNS. Can anyone 100% confirm they started healing more after changing things around?

Yes its making me feel so much worse when Im suffering so much. Im barely hanging on. I feel he is being so selfish and couldn't care less about me just his ego. This is probably the last time Im posting on this thread. It really upset me and hurt me so much.  I dont know if I shuld start a new thread because everyone is familir what im going through who has responded here and I wanted to update what is going on and for support. Dont feel like starting a blog.  Im trying very hard to hang in there but I pray everynight that God takes me home when Im asleep in peace so I can rest in peace. .  I tried NAC it knocked me out yesterday woke up fatigud and feeling like death then anxiety and withdrawls felt worse.  Tonight when i tried to lie down I had I dont know what you would call it some sort of surge that burned my insides up my body got so hot unlike it did before. My adrenals even more shut down from the stress of the surge. I didnt have these surges on this generic which I think is the 4th day im on now. Thats why I continued to stay on this didnt want to have those over the top panic surges where I felt like I was dying and I got it tongith. I got it yesterday too after I took the NAC. I did not take any tonight and cant sleep wide awawke. I dont know what this is this surges.If I had been toward the end of my taper or tapered off and had these symptoms I could handle it better emotionally but knowing I havent even begun my taper scares me tremendously as to how much worse it would get. I dread the night every night. I dont know if I will get any sleep at all after taking the NAC and made my withdralws worse.

Lila  :hug: I know how scared you are right now, but your doing the right thing by stopping the NAC, and also its going to take a little time for your system to settle down and your body to get used to the new generic, I know its easier said than done but  thousands of us on here have been or are in your exact  position and situation  sweetie but it will pass, you say you had 4 days on the new generic well its  possibly  going to take a week or so  or even less time for you to feel that your beginning to find a bit of balance no matter how small just remember its OK and your heading in the right direction.  :thumbsup:

Very often the positive changes are so tiny we aren't even aware of them and are so focused on how awful  we're feeling we make ourselves feel even worse again but regardless that positive change is still taking place and when your able  calm down a bit , your more likely to be aware  at some point things are at least a little better than they were.    Also your actually doing a lot better than you personally feel due to your anxiety as your post's are very accurate and informative about your situation  and your opinions are coming across fine  :) If it wasn't for the sense of urgency that coming across from your  actual words and had this been a different situation I wouldn't know just how bad your feeling your doing right now just by judging the well thought out way and the amount of sense your posts are making right now. :)

Usually its very hard to decipher peoples post when they desperately need help, and panicking ,  but yours are very clear and easily understood and informative as someone whose not going through  anywhere near what your going through right now. :therethere:  So whether you know it or not this is proof, and a good thing that although you are suffering my lovely, that your on you way to a better place soon, you've already begun your way there, but  you just can't feel it or think about it right now as your so warn out with it all and worried and most of us  on this thread of yours totally  understand  this and you have our full empathy.  :mybuddy:

This will pass and your going to be feeling so much better soon, like yesterday, I was shaving a terrible day and really felt like you said 'Take me now please!! yet the day before I felt great!! and today in this time and place I feel  a certain percent better than I did this time yesterday, but it will go up and  down from good to bad to awful, to God I'm dying!! to hey!! I feel OK again now yeah!! and that's absolutely ''normal''  when your body is trying to stabilise and also feeling like your withdrawing before even beginning a taper is also very, very, common as well . 

So there's nothing strange or terminal  or out of the ordinary going on with you my love its just the way it pan's out with Benzos and right now the best thing you can do is be gentle with yourself try to accept its not forever and it will pass and your going to be OK.  :thumbsup:  Try talking to yourself the way you would talk to someone else in your position and are trying to make them understand that fighting it will make it worse that its going to be OK and what they need to do is accept it the best they can, go with the flow and to know it will pass and its definitely not forever its going to get better, its going to be a bumpy ride because that's how healing works, but it is and it will get better  :)   

So far you’ve survived 100% of your worst days. You’re doing great - Author unknown

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

First of all, nobody used anybody's unfortunate situation against them. The person in question called me an asshole and Frankenstein because my views didn't agree with theirs about links between food and symptoms. Hopefully, that will help you understand my motivation for trying to investigate the character of that person. My research resulted in data that I shared with the public here without resorting to name calling.

I'm glad Lila started another thread so she doesn't have to read all this. Personal attacks? First you insinuated that I made up the girl who had the reaction to MSG then you attacked my post by questioning the success of my taper. Why are you even here? You don't offer any supportive help. You are basically telling everyone who's had an immediate reaction to food or supplements that's it's just withdrawal. What you're saying is that it all in their heads or that they're stupid. You read your scientific journals without taking into account that the body is incredibly complicated and everyone's different. There could be a number of different ways which would cause a reaction to food or supplements. Your narrow-mindedness is not only arrogant but dangerous

I'm glad Lila started another thread so she doesn't have to read all this. Personal attacks? First you insinuated that I made up the girl who had the reaction to MSG then you attacked my post by questioning the success of my taper. Why are you even here? You don't offer any supportive help. You are basically telling everyone who's had an immediate reaction to food or supplements that's it's just withdrawal. What you're saying is that it all in their heads or that they're stupid. You read your scientific journals without taking into account that the body is incredibly complicated and everyone's different. There could be a number of different ways which would cause a reaction to food or supplements. Your narrow-mindedness is not only arrogant but dangerous

Calling someone an asshole and Frankenstein in fact qualifies as a personal attack. I do offer help by reflecting on my personal  positive experience achieved by slowing down my taper and following Ashton's method. I didn't say or implicate that anybody was stupid. The scientific articles do take into account that the body is is complicated (not just GABA and glutamate as some very well-informed people here opine). In fact, that's what they are all about.

Stepping in as a moderator...

This is not a healthy exchange. This is in no way helpful anymore or encouraging. It's become toxic.

Word choices and tone in writing need to be taken into account from all parties involved.

This is where you agree to disagree and it ends here. Thank you for understanding.

In the future if there's any name calling please report it to the admin team and it will be handled appropriately.

Can anyone clarify is food actually contributes to withdrawl. I have wanted to change my diet for years but really dont know if its even worth the effort and more junk food/caffeine wd on top of this benzo nightmare. If it doesnt speed up the process of healing i personally feel like its easier to just deal with feeling a bit off from a coffee or whatever. Coffee is literally the only joy I have in life through this. It gives me a nice buzz but does rev me up.

There are people saying caffeine helps this process and also that it is terrible for the CNS. Can anyone 100% confirm they started healing more after changing things around?

Shamo I wanted to make sure you had a reply to your question. As you know, caffeine can rev up symptoms. This is why it's advised to give it a break or cut back to maybe 1 cup a day. It's a stimulant and therefore can overstimulate a sensitive body that isn't operating normally because of benzo. Dr Ashton did address a section in the manual about foods, drinks, herbs, supplements. It would be great to read it for peace of mind. However, the manual is outdated and haven't been updated with current known information. What I found is, if I want coffee, I drink decaf to be safe rather than sorry. Some people it affects them greatly, some can handle it and some knows it bothers them but drink it anyway. It's YOUR choice. As far as foods. There ARE certain foods that contain higher levels of various substances that may cause symptoms to rev up... I experienced this 2 days ago from eating a taco. I normally check ingredients labels religiously but I didn't that time. Come to find out, the taco seasoning had nitrates & MSG. 30 minutes after eating it, I felt terrible until the next day. Other foods such as tomatoes, bananas, seasonings, sugar ( just to name a few) can cause revved up symptoms. If I were you, I'd try whatever food you suspect is giving you an issue. Observe how it feels. Then decide if you want to eliminate it.

One last thing, there's a thread called phases of withdrawals. It explains how at different phases, you can become sensitive to things that wasn't a problem before. Please check it.

GREAT job, TRINA,for curtailing the madness on here!

Thanks ladyden.

Well its a double edge sword. Coffee seems to help with my mental sxs like morning depression etc. But if its stopping my system from actually healing because its a daily stimulant I should quit. I dont drink decaff i dont like the tatse I just like the mood boost from caffeine. It sucks that no one can give a definitive answer on these things. Plus to quit would probly mean a 2 month withdrawal of caffeine.

Thanks ladyden.

Well its a double edge sword. Coffee seems to help with my mental sxs like morning depression etc. But if its stopping my system from actually healing because its a daily stimulant I should quit. I dont drink decaff i dont like the tatse I just like the mood boost from caffeine. It sucks that no one can give a definitive answer on these things. Plus to quit would probly mean a 2 month withdrawal of caffeine.

If you can tolerate caffeine, why would you want to stop drinking it? Caffeine overall is a very safe drug with no proven adverse effects. And that's definitive.