Seems like many food aggravate my withdrawals

[li...]

Shamo, if I were you, I would just limit the cups of coffee you drink IF it's causing you to have revved up symptoms. Yes, there are a long list of things that causes reactions in withdrawal that you just have to decide whether it's worth the agony. A rob Peter to pay Paul kind of situation. For example, I'm bedridden and have extreme exercise intolerance. Even walking around puts me in a huge wave! But, I know that if I don't get up a little here & there throughout the day I'm risking a blood clot & wasting muscles. Plus it slows down metabolism. So I'm having to get up anyway...pray I don't fall over from boatiness....walk around for 5 difficult minutes....lay back down head spinning wild like passing out....deep breaths through the wave it caused....hours after settling down.....get up & do it again.

Also as we go along in our recovery, things that didn't bother use before may start bothering us.so you pick the lesser evil. And btw, when you're body is used to caffeine, it can go through a withdrawal. It's a stimulant that your body was used to getting.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [...]

• [li...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Shamo, if I were you, I would just limit the cups of coffee you drink IF it's causing you to have revved up symptoms. Yes, there are a long list of things that causes reactions in withdrawal that you just have to decide whether it's worth the agony. A rob Peter to pay Paul kind of situation. For example, I'm bedridden and have extreme exercise intolerance. Even walking around puts me in a huge wave! But, I know that if I don't get up a little here & there throughout the day I'm risking a blood clot & wasting muscles. Plus it slows down metabolism. So I'm having to get up anyway...pray I don't fall over from boatiness....walk around for 5 difficult minutes....lay back down head spinning wild like passing out....deep breaths through the wave it caused....hours after settling down.....get up & do it again.

Also as we go along in our recovery, things that didn't bother use before may start bothering us.so you pick the lesser evil. And btw, when you're body is used to caffeine, it can go through a withdrawal. It's a stimulant that your body was used to getting.

Hi  LD  :hug: Your the first person I've seen that  have exactly the same problems as me, normal movement is agony!!  no matter what its agony, walking  or moving about about makes it worse and throws me into an even worse  wave the second I move  burning all over form head to foot, paraesthesia, horrendous ttotal body nerve pain, eczema , itching so much I'm scratching myself war I'm covered and the same as  you I make myself move about other wise I'll die as I live alone with no support of help, in my 60's  so if I don't move well? 

I also get balance issues and keep hurting myself where I got no control and get very clumsy, I get the boatiness  as well, its awful, and its the same when it comes to eating and drinking  everything and anything can make me feel even worse , and if something helps one minute the next it makes things even worse, it seems what helps turns on me rapidly  :( And staying in bed, don't help either, but sometimes I have no option but to just lay there suffering or trying to accept what's happening, now I've got blisters at the base of my spine and am not sure if its shingles or more eczema breaking out as I get blisters and hives with the eczema too  I have a very long list of many other symptoms too :(

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh man Den, I didn't know you were suffering so. You always sound so up beat. Hope things settle down for you

Yes unfortunately I've been suffering like this since the end of my taper. Yes I'm an upbeat person that likes to share my positivity even though I'm bedridden. I hope it gives someone the thought that there's someone in worse shape than they are. Not to say I'm making light of anyone's suffering. All I'm saying is when you're faced with hardships, you can wallow/ let it beat you further down or making the best of the situation by accepting it then roll with it. We must roll with it anyway so I might as well do it with the less stressful route.

Thanks for your compassion, JWL. I hope things improve for you as well. Big hugs

Hi  LD  :hug: Your the first person I've seen that  have exactly the same problems as me, normal movement is agony!!  no matter what its agony, walking  or moving about about makes it worse and throws me into an even worse  wave the second I move  burning all over form head to foot, paraesthesia, horrendous ttotal body nerve pain, eczema , itching so much I'm scratching myself war I'm covered and the same as  you I make myself move about other wise I'll die as I live alone with no support of help, in my 60's  so if I don't move well? 

I also get balance issues and keep hurting myself where I got no control and get very clumsy, I get the boatiness  as well, its awful, and its the same when it comes to eating and drinking  everything and anything can make me feel even worse , and if something helps one minute the next it makes things even worse, it seems what helps turns on me rapidly  :( And staying in bed, don't help either, but sometimes I have no option but to just lay there suffering or trying to accept what's happening, now I've got blisters at the base of my spine and am not sure if its shingles or more eczema breaking out as I get blisters and hives with the eczema too  I have a very long list of many other symptoms too :(

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova This makes me sad!!! I don't want anyone to be in my shoes. My boatiness is off the charts. I don't have a choice but stay in this bed every day. But I hang on to the fact that it's temporary even if it takes awhile to heal. I'm getting windows now. They're short but lets me know I'm healing. When I have them I can walk around being upright for about 20-30 minutes before I have to lay down again. During these times I'm still boaty but significantly less.

I'm sorry to hear about your eating and drinking issues. I had this for awhile as well. I remedy this by eating the same meals everyday eaten in small portions. For example: breakfast- 1 piece of toast, 1 boiled egg & water or cup of regular Sprite. Lunch- 1 piece of toast or 5 whole grain crackers, tuna, 1 small apple. Dinner- grilled chicken over a salad, 1 toast or 5 crackers. I thought certain foods were bothering me but it turned out, not true. I was having a wave whether I ate nothing or something. I had no preservatives, not much sugar, no dairy, no nitrates, no seasoning with MSG or soy, CLEAN eating...not even butter just to see if it made a difference in my waves. You will get better. You just need more time. In the meanwhile, to help with your skin outbreaks, I would recommend 100% shea butter or cetaphil gel cream. Also cornstarch from the kitchen does wonders for rashes. That's why they put it in baby powder. Stay positive and don't give up!  :smitten: