Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Twitching before falling asleep keeping me awake

[Ho...]

Anybody else experienced this? Please tell me it gets better. Right as I am falling asleep I twitch awake and it’s so frustrating. I’m so sleep deprived and have to work/have 2 little ones at home.

These involuntary muscular jerks before going to sleep are super annoying - you're drifting off to sleep and your body jerks you awake - it's beyond annoying when you're exhausted.  These are also known as myoclonic  jerks and they're very common in withdrawal.  I had them and they faded over time.  Yours will too.

I had this sooooooooo much!

Many many days and weeks of it.

.still get one occasionally, but nothing like during acute.

They finally settled down after about 4-5 months

Anybody else experienced this? Please tell me it gets better. Right as I am falling asleep I twitch awake and it’s so frustrating. I’m so sleep deprived and have to work/have 2 little ones at home.

It is called a hypnic jerk.It was so awful for me but resolved on it's own after sometime.

On klonapin clonazapam I would get jerking jolts

when drifting off to sleep. Mostly during the day

if I tried to nap. I’m off the clozap but it’s too

soon to tell if that improved. I really can’t

nap still. ty