Don't give up, you will have victory

[Hi...]

Hi buddies,

I have not posted in about 2 months but i wanted to come back and give an update since I did go through a bit of a setback. 

Background on usage:

2mg Xanax /day prescribed by my doctor for anxiety and stress a few years ago.  I took this poison for about 2 years.

When I quit:

I decided after experiencing withdrawal a few times (unknowingly until I found BB) that I needed to get off this drug.  I quit CT on 11/23/2019.

Experiences post CT:

I won't go into the specifics but for those who have suffered real bad WD, you know what I went through.  I can sum it up to two words.  Pure hell.

Current status:

At 4+ months off, only thing I can say is what a difference.  It has been a few weeks of feeling wonderful, even given the uncertainty of our current Covid-19 environment.  Regardless, I will take it.

I just wanted to stop back to offer some hope as I remember sitting up at night reading success stories.  They really do lift you up when not much else will. 

Remember and never forget, you WILL heal.  it takes time, even when you feel hopeless, remember that those thoughts are part of the WD and they will lift and you will feel better.  Never give up, always try your hardest to be positive, and for me, my faith in God has been everything to me.

I wish you all peace and quick healing.

Hingie

Thanks for sharing.  The success stories really cheer me up too.  I’m one day away from two months!

How is your sleep?  I’m surprised to find that mine is improving. I still have troubles falling asleep, but once I do, I’m out for most of the night.

Hi RShack -

No issues with sleep.  Ever since the really bad acute WD stuff passed, sleep is good.  It all improves with time, brain fog, confusion, fear, etc... 

I should also mention that for the last 1.5 months I had such blurry vision that I could not see any distance.  I could see close up but even with my glasses, my distance vision was gone.  This has greatly improved in the last two weeks.  It is to the point that I feel like a new person.  Still have a light blur but it is continuously getting better and is about 90% restored.  I still have some ear ringing but that has been fading as well.

Remember to always stay positive and you will heal.  Time and windows / waves are your friends.  This means you are healing.

Wishing you peace and healing.

Thanks.  Yes I am staying positive.  Now when I feel a symptom, I tell myself that this is just my body healing.

My vision is better this week, but I know what you mean, there were times when I could not see any detail, everything was washed out. 

Hingie -

Thanks for sharing your story !  As you know Success Stories are a lifeline for people in the thick of withdrawal.

Thanks again!

Brighterday

hi Brighterday-

Yes, they are a lifeline.  The very reason I am writing.  After going through this experience, I hold a very special place in my heart for the people who through no fault of their own, found themselves in this situation.  We were done wring by the doctors who are supposed to help us.

As most say after this experience, if they only knew...

Wishing everyone well and continued recovery successes.

This will pass.  The thoughts, the feelings, the dispair, it all will lift and is part of the healing process.

Stay strong

• 1 month later...

hello all

i love reading the success storeys and i loved yours it always gives me a lift when i read the storeys of success and i try to stick to them as i can easy get stuck in bad storeys i wont go fully into my story now but I'm down to my last 2ml of Valium and i think i will just have to stick there till i feel i can do another drop all i can say is that getting from 15 ml to my now 2 ml over 2 yrs seemed bad at times and i had my days and just thought this day will pass and prayed for a new day tomorrow in any way i have now got to as stated my 2 ml and stopped there to hold till my next drop and the hell began and at times i wanted to give into the horror but somehow got to the next day it is now 20 days and i feel some light but it has reinforced to me to slow it down and hold 2 ml is a fantastic milestone for me and i dint want to screw it up and reading your story and the likes it a tonic one thing i am sleeping OK and i wake up around 5,30am have a little breakfast and then i go back to sleep for 2 more hours i have been doing this for the last 3 day and it works best for me i use herbal tablets to help with sleep i have read all i can read to help me and from the differant stories i believe we are all differant in our way to success and i believe we have to look into our way and try and tweak it to our best way but slow slow and positive and try and get busy and i know that is hard as i just want to sit in my misery i have failed before because i dropped and when it got rough i went back up to help me and all it done was take me right back to my full dose this time i have a real target and that is i am moving abroad and i will jot get the tablets so it is my drive and goal to beat to and pray i do any feed back will be great and any advice i would love god bless to all and i wish you well  ::) ::)