isolated or simply staying at home - what do you cook?

[Ma...]

haha!!!! ;D

I know this threat is about what we cook, but today I was happy to get myself a nice turkish dish from a restaurant. Everyone is switching to delivery and take away right now, very funny often, cause I had to receive the food out of a window which was so high I could not reach it. Some exercise to get it:-)

(No one can enter the restaurant so they use the windows to hand out the food to you)...

It was such a big big portion and I ate it. fully. :clap:

Can you do something like this where you live or is it impossible? I felt safe outside today - everyone is wearing a mask and keeping the distance of 2 meters. I also was given a very beautiful mask for myself today, with such a nice pattern on the cotton, and it fits to my face :smitten: a neighbor has sewed it for me. Nice people out there :smitten:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ma...]

• [tr...]

• [br...]

haha!!!! ;D

I know this threat is about what we cook, but today I was happy to get myself a nice turkish dish from a restaurant. Everyone is switching to delivery and take away right now, very funny often, cause I had to receive the food out of a window which was so high I could not reach it. Some exercise to get it:-)

(No one can enter the restaurant so they use the windows to hand out the food to you)...

Can you do something like this where you live or is it impossible? I felt safe outside today - everyone is wearing a mask and keeping the distance of 2 meters. I also was given a very beautiful mask for myself today, with such a nice pattern on the cotton, and it fits to my face :smitten: a neighbor has sewed it for me. Nice people out there :smitten:

Aww, that post gives everyone a shot of positivity  :D. Yes, we can get takeout, delivery, or drive through.  Glad you had a good day  :D:smitten: :smitten:

haha!!!! ;D

Aww, that post gives everyone a shot of positivity  :D. Yes, we can get takeout, delivery, or drive through.  Glad you had a good day  :D:smitten: :smitten:

I feel very guilty now... I have an appointment tomorrow and there was so much garlic and onion in it. I hope the masks do help with this problem????

Typical for me, really typical..  >:(

:angel:

haha!!!! ;D

I feel very guilty now... I have an appointment tomorrow and there was so much garlic and onion in it. I hope the masks do help with this problem????

Typical for me, really typical..  >:(

Girlfriend, garlic breath is unimportant in these times.  You enjoyed it, that matters !! :smitten:

we're still allowed outside, but still social distancing and now we are expected to wear masks - I've been wearing one in public for weeks now.

I made some on the sewing machine I have. Probably should sew a couple more. I'm so grateful to be able to go outside - its my sanity!!

So Marigold...what do we need on hand for this spa day? Ingredients?

we're still allowed outside, but still social distancing and now we are expected to wear masks - I've been wearing one in public for weeks now.

I made some on the sewing machine I have. Probably should sew a couple more. I'm so grateful to be able to go outside - its my sanity!!

So Marigold...what do we need on hand for this spa day? Ingredients?

I will post a list in the next hour under the spa thread! ;D

How is everyone here???

I have to say that I finally adopted to the isolated situation pretty well. I actually have NOT lost my job yet, but I have to do a lot of video conferences using my laptop, and I would not be me (old, silly Marigold) if I would not make this event to uhm.. an event.

Lately I had a red blazer, red lips and red fingernails while presenting a new strategy, - now I am planning to look more and more like a movie star with each conference we have. It makes people smile and laugh and it is so funny if you see all the others in the little frames on your monitor, sitting around like in the pyjamaas and I am dressed up like I am ready to have a night out to party. Well, - I have recovered so much - that corona virus will not be a reason not to dress up and present my new self to the public.

okey, under the red blazer I had jogging pants, but hey, this was the beginning,... :-*

I ordered some false hair pieces online and will change my hair cut this way for the next video conference. Coworkers have so much fun and we have made the bet that I will look different each time and if I make it for 6 conferences, they will send me a big cake. And I can choose the next one to present a new self on screen. And shhhhhhhh.... our boss does not know about this.  :crazy:

Today I had a steak and a nice plate full of vegetables. Right now, I am having a glass of white wine with some pringle chips. Yes, I know, glutamate is bad for us. But there are only 8 single chips left and I will eat them. That is the pleasure of feeling better.

i wanted to ask if someone has a good recipe for cookies to share? Glutenfree would be great.

What have you cooked lately? Or did you order food??

How is everyone here???

I have to say that I finally adopted to the isolated situation pretty well. I actually have NOT lost my job yet, but I have to do a lot of video conferences using my laptop, and I would not be me (old, silly Marigold) if I would not make this event to uhm.. an event.

Lately I had a red blazer, red lips and red fingernails while presenting a new strategy, - now I am planning to look more and more like a movie star with each conference we have. It makes people smile and laugh and it is so funny if you see all the others in the little frames on your monitor, sitting around like in the pyjamaas and I am dressed up like I am ready to have a night out to party. Well, - I have recovered so much - that corona virus will not be a reason not to dress up and present my new self to the public.

okey, under the red blazer I had jogging pants, but hey, this was the beginning,... :-*

I ordered some false hair pieces online and will change my hair cut this way for the next video conference. Coworkers have so much fun and we have made the bet that I will look different each time and if I make it for 6 conferences, they will send me a big cake. And I can choose the next one to present a new self on screen. And shhhhhhhh.... our boss does not know about this.  :crazy:

Today I had a steak and a nice plate full of vegetables. Right now, I am having a glass of white wine with some pringle chips. Yes, I know, glutamate is bad for us. But there are only 8 single chips left and I will eat them. That is the pleasure of feeling better.

i wanted to ask if someone has a good recipe for cookies to share? Glutenfree would be great.

That is hilarious you dress up, I love it.  Wish you could take pics and post them  :laugh: :laugh:

How is everyone here???

That is hilarious you dress up, I love it.  Wish you could take pics and post them  :laugh: :laugh:

Today some friends send me pictures from instagram and pinterest with make up looks I could copy. Also my additional "hair" just arrived:-)

Feels like working for cinema or theater - but the show has to go on.

It is fun. My skin tolerates a lot now that I am out of withdrawal, so I can really play around and I enjoy myself doing that. Who would have thought this. I thought my life was over.

Some coworkers have jumped on board of the makeover-train, too,- it will be funny though.

Yes, it would make you laugh if I could post a pic or just a video before/after. My god! there are women out there doing this every day?? Holy moly.

We women ROCK! Covid or no covid, we still dress nicely. If there comes a day when I dont put on ANY makeup, you will know I am ill! I may only wear jeans and a pretty top, but I always look presentable.

Last night I attempted to cut my own hair. WRONG MOVE!!! I took way too much off and now look semi-lopsided. Hair salons are closed now, so I felt I had to do something to my messy  curly hair.

Wish I hadnt.

The past month I have been having fun with hair paints. My hair is mostly gray. Blue color on it looks sharp. I met a woman several weeks ago who had lovely pink highlights. I asked her how she did that: "Magic Markers". LOL! So, I promptly bought several Magic Markers and YES they do work great on hair!

I may be 70 but I dont want to look it yet.

Annie

Marigold: I wish I could see your video makeovers!! that's awesome!!

Annie: you're lucky because you have curly hair which may hide  much of your cutting "mistake". If you had straight hair it would be much worse!

I trimmed the bottom of my hair yesterday. Just an inch. I've always been able to do this, and if I screw up my 17 year old can just fix it for me...I hope:)

Tonight I cooked alfredo sauce, chicken, and pasta I sautéed onions to go with it and added sound dried tomatoes  - I love them so much!!!

Last night was " pick a leftover from the fridge night". So I figured it might be nice to have a fresh meal tonight. 

We women ROCK! Covid or no covid, we still dress nicely. If there comes a day when I dont put on ANY makeup, you will know I am ill! I may only wear jeans and a pretty top, but I always look presentable.

Last night I attempted to cut my own hair. WRONG MOVE!!! I took way too much off and now look semi-lopsided. Hair salons are closed now, so I felt I had to do something to my messy  curly hair.

Wish I hadnt.

The past month I have been having fun with hair paints. My hair is mostly gray. Blue color on it looks sharp. I met a woman several weeks ago who had lovely pink highlights. I asked her how she did that: "Magic Markers". LOL! So, I promptly bought several Magic Markers and YES they do work great on hair!

I may be 70 but I dont want to look it yet.

Annie

Women all over the world will jump on the new trend: The Annie-semi-lop! Thats so cool! 8)

Tonight I cooked alfredo sauce, chicken, and pasta I sautéed onions to go with it and added sound dried tomatoes  - I love them so much!!!

Last night was " pick a leftover from the fridge night". So I figured it might be nice to have a fresh meal tonight.

For a  pick a leftover dinner - this sounds yummy!!

I am lazy this weekend. Walked through nature the hole day yesterday and now have sore muscles and feel like a veteran after war. I picked up some burgers and fries. "healthy ones". not "fast food ones". ... (good meat, fresh veggies, sweat potato fries and so on).. Now I am full... :crazy: