isolated or simply staying at home - what do you cook?

[Ma...]

Thank you Mary! Much appreciated! his hospital is not insane like the ones in NYC, but he is definitely involved with it. He's a pretty calm guy - always has been. But I am seeing the stress in various ways. Taking walks outside has been our coping lately  - so thankful for that!

I can't even imagine the stress you guys are under, I am glad you have a way of letting some of it go :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ma...]

• [tr...]

• [br...]

Yes Trina, please thank your husband.

As for food, our stores are pretty well stocked.  No yeast, but otherwise most things are there.

Generally I prepare some kind of meat, chicken or fish and then two vegetables.  I recently made my own cauliflower purée and we use that instead of potatoes.  Our fish is usually salmon that I sear in a pan with some olive oil.  We get it from Aldi, it is very delicious and inexpensive.

Hi everyone,

today I felt so much better. i got some sleep and was able to go for a walk and exercise for 90 minutes. walking and yoga. bam!!

What can I made out of 1 kilogram red beans already cooked??? Most recipes contain tomatoes and I hate them :laugh:

Any idea?

Trina, I have never given curry into my chicken soup but it makes sense!! I will try that! ;D

Hugs for everyone

Marigold

Hi everyone,

today I felt so much better. i got some sleep and was able to go for a walk and exercise for 90 minutes. walking and yoga. bam!!

What can I made out of 1 kilogram red beans already cooked??? Most recipes contain tomatoes and I hate them :laugh:

Any idea?

Trina, I have never given curry into my chicken soup but it makes sense!! I will try that! ;D

Hugs for everyone

Marigold

Red Beans and Rice, huge in Louisiana  ;).  Am sure there are 100 recipes on google  ;):D

Louisiana....sigh...we had to cancel our trip to visit family in New Orleans.  Was looking forward to some nice dinners.

Louisiana....sigh...we had to cancel our trip to visit family in New Orleans.  Was looking forward to some nice dinners.

Oh, sorry RShake  :(. They do have some great food  ;)

It was yummy!!

I put some peanut butter, garlic, tomatoes (had to get them eaten to clean my fridge) and cumin into a pan, then added black beans and served this with basmati rice. Delicious, made in 10 minutes and I feel very satisfied. Thank you for this tip!!! :smitten:

I was able to get into the supermarket and had to smile about all the rules and markers and plastic stuff, but it is great everyone is following it.

Could buy the ingredients for Falafel :smitten: these little "burgers" made of chickpeas... which I will serve tonight together with a grean leave salad. Desert: Dark chocolate!! I am in the BEST MOOD for today!

I also have a new question, ladies. I was crazy and bought soy yoghurt. Well, I tried it. It tastes like things my dog has in her nose. Sorry. But  :crazy:

Do you eat it or cook with it (the soy yogurt, not the...)? I have 500 mg of it and I do not toss groceries. I have to mix it into something or cook it into something, but I do not want this typical taste in my mouth again :-\

What have you eaten today?

It was yummy!!

I put some peanut butter, garlic, tomatoes (had to get them eaten to clean my fridge) and cumin into a pan, then added black beans and served this with basmati rice. Delicious, made in 10 minutes and I feel very satisfied. Thank you for this tip!!! :smitten:

I was able to get into the supermarket and had to smile about all the rules and markers and plastic stuff, but it is great everyone is following it.

Could buy the ingredients for Falafel :smitten: these little "burgers" made of chickpeas... which I will serve tonight together with a grean leave salad. Desert: Dark chocolate!! I am in the BEST MOOD for today!

I also have a new question, ladies. I was crazy and bought soy yoghurt. Well, I tried it. It tastes like things my dog has in her nose. Sorry. But  :crazy:

Do you eat it or cook with it (the soy yogurt, not the...)? I have 500 mg of it and I do not toss groceries. I have to mix it into something or cook it into something, but I do not want this typical taste in my mouth again :-\

What have you eaten today?

I had oatmeal with blue berries and walnuts for breakfast

Lunch will be low cal wheat bread and whipped Jif peanut butter.  with a Thin Addictve on the side  :D

Soy yogurt, mix with soy sauce, just a thought.  That would definitely add a new taste to it  :laugh:

haha, I will not try soy sauce with soy yogurt:-)

I found a pound of banana hiding in the kitchen and decided to bake some muffins. I have energy today. The man here is like a squirrel :laugh: putting food everywhere like he wants to hide it and then cannot remember where it is. The banana were hiding in a corner like "they will not find us! victory" but my dog found them.. and they are old so you cannot eat them as a snack anymore, so why not bake some muffins.. I also found old flower made of coconut... this might become a paleo muffin, right?

I found a pound of banana hiding in the kitchen and decided to bake some muffins. I have energy today. The man here is like a squirrel :laugh: putting food everywhere like he wants to hide it and then cannot remember where it is. The banana were hiding in a corner like "they will not find us! victory" but my dog found them.. and they are old so you cannot eat them as a snack anymore, so why not bake some muffins.. I also found old flower made of coconut... this might become a paleo muffin, right?

Well, Ms. Cook  :P. I looked up recipes with soy yogurt on google, first one had soy sauce.  So there ;)

Yes, have a paleo muffin.  I hope the banana is still ok.  :D

Well, Ms. Cook  :P. I looked up recipes with soy yogurt on google, first one had soy sauce.  So there ;)

Okey, just for you, I will try the soy sauce + soy yogurt. Maybe it will taste good together with my Falafels. ;D

Muffins are already in the oven ;D ;D ;D I wish I could send one to everyone here, this would be great!!

Okey, just for you, I will try the soy sauce + soy yogurt. Maybe it will taste good together with my Falafels. ;D

Muffins are already in the oven ;D ;D ;D I wish I could send one to everyone here, this would be great!!

I know, I have so many people on here I care about and would like to send a card , a gift, just something sometimes to let them know how much I care.  I understand why we can't, but it would be nice  :smitten: :smitten:

So... the day is over!

I have to say... the sauce I made was DELICIOUS!!! I just mixed 3 table spoons of soy yogurt plus 1 teaspoon mayonese and 2 teaspoons soy sauce.

Served with the falafel and a salad with this dressing: 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1 tablespoon of chopped chive..

Desert:

(and one right now at bedtime:-)

Marigolds sleep well muffins

3 Banana ("old" ones)

3 eggs

3 Teaspoons of coconut oil

2 tablesppons peanut butter

1 cup of coconut flour

1 Teaspoon cinnamon

bit of salt

2 Tablesppons of sparkling mineral water

1 tablespoon of rolled oats

Mix it all together, fill into the little baking tins (I used the typical muffin papers in it) and then!!!! break a half of a dark bitter chocolate bar and put one piece  into the middle of each muffin.

If you do not have coconut flour, you can add another tablespoon of rolled oats AND 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. I had to do that for 3 of the muffins for I ran out of the flour, and these were very good as well.

:laugh:

So... the day is over!

I have to say... the sauce I made was DELICIOUS!!! I just mixed 3 table spoons of soy yogurt plus 1 teaspoon mayonese and 2 teaspoons soy sauce.

Served with the falafel and a salad with this dressing: 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1 tablespoon of chopped chive..

Desert:

3 Banana ("old" ones)

3 eggs

1 cup of coconut flour

1 Teaspoon cinnamon

bit of salt

Mix it all together, fill into the little baking tins (I used the typical muffin papers in it) and then!!!! break a half of a dark bitter chocolate bar and put one piece  into the middle of each muffin.

If you do not have coconut flour, you can add another tablespoon of rolled oats AND 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. I had to do that for 3 of the muffins for I ran out of the flour, and these were very good as well.

The soy sauce worked, wow, maybe I have more of a cook in me than I thought, oh no,  :laugh: :laugh:  Glad you enjoyed it though ;).  Yes, I will take a sleep well Muffin.  :smitten: :smitten:

So... the day is over!

Desert:

3 Banana ("old" ones)

3 eggs

1 cup of coconut flour

1 Teaspoon cinnamon

bit of salt

The soy sauce worked, wow, maybe I have more of a cook in me than I thought, oh no,  :laugh: :laugh:  Glad you enjoyed it though ;)Yes, I will take a sleep well Muffin.  :smitten: :smitten:

The first one is for free :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So... the day is over!

Desert:

3 Banana ("old" ones)

3 eggs

1 cup of coconut flour

1 Teaspoon cinnamon

bit of salt

The soy sauce worked, wow, maybe I have more of a cook in me than I thought, oh no,  :laugh: :laugh:  Glad you enjoyed it though ;)Yes, I will take a sleep well Muffin.  :smitten: :smitten:

I bet they would sell well, just the name...a good name means a lot  ;)

So... the day is over!

Desert:

3 Banana ("old" ones)

3 eggs

1 cup of coconut flour

1 Teaspoon cinnamon

bit of salt

I mean .. I would buy a "sleepwellmuffin", or short: a "sleepimuffi" :smitten:

So... the day is over!

Desert:

3 Banana ("old" ones)

3 eggs

1 cup of coconut flour

1 Teaspoon cinnamon

bit of salt

I mean .. I would buy a "sleepwellmuffin", or short: a "sleepimuffi" :smitten:

Hard choice  ;)

Hmmm...my bananas may have just found a new purpose.....

and chocolate makes everything better...

today I cheated on my "clean diet". thats twice this week. The ice cream was an attempt to console myself.

It kind of worked. there was chocolate in it. I rest my case.

Tomorrow I will drown myself in salmon and dark leafy greens to make up for it:)

@[tr...]

Ha, I did the same...but with cookies.  Made Salmon last night, pan seared, with cauliflower rice and broccoli rabe...it was great.

@trina

Ha, I did the same...but with cookies.  Made Salmon last night, pan seared, with cauliflower rice and broccoli rabe...it was great.

HA HA!!!

Just preparing salmon with broccoli.

Uhhhhhh! What is going on on the planet.. :o

OMG...after reading these - there might start to be a salmon shortage.

I really did cook the salmon tonight - and broccoli.

this is too funny.