isolated or simply staying at home - what do you cook?

[Ma...]

I love veggie heavy stir fry. Easy to make vegetarian if you prefer and can be made with fresh or frozen veggies. I made a super yummy one last night and will be enjoying leftovers for a couple days.  ;D

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ma...]

• [tr...]

• [br...]

Marigold , What country do you live in ?

I am from Germany!

I am surprised you haven't noticed the typical German mistakes in my English :laugh: :laugh:

I love veggie heavy stir fry. Easy to make vegetarian if you prefer and can be made with fresh or frozen veggies. I made a super yummy one last night and will be enjoying leftovers for a couple days.  ;D

What is a "heavy stir fry"??? A "fritteuse"?? :D

Ladies (and gentlemen?) here comes a little light in the dark: Makes me smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKYiTg6_J-M

Big fan of jimmy fallon:-) what if he knew that there is a German lady obsessed with his show and annoying friends ("Marigold, we TOLD you, we don't understand English and no, we do not watch the show in the middle of the night dONT CALL US AGAIN")

😂😂 I mean stir fry that has a lot of veggies and very little or no meat. Heavy with vegetables. Some people in the US prefer meat and noodles with little or no veggies. (I saw that you’re from Germany, so I figured I should elucidate). I hope that makes sense.

😂😂 I mean stir fry that has a lot of veggies and very little or no meat. Heavy with vegetables. Some people in the US prefer meat and noodles with little or no veggies. (I saw that you’re from Germany, so I figured I should elucidate). I hope that makes sense.

Oh I understand :-) thank you!! Yup, that's what I enjoy, lots of veggies. Sometimes with a steak, but most of the time the amount of veggies is much higher than the amount of fish or meat.  ;D:thumbsup:

new dessert recipe

Substitute any berry, or a combination, for the raspberries in this easy cake.

Serves 8

Ingredients

¼ cup canola oil, plus more for greasing pan

2 cups vanilla ice cream, melted

1½ cups self-rising flour

½ tsp. kosher salt

½ pound (about 2 cups) raspberries

Directions

Active time: 10 minutes

Total time: 40 minutes

Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease a 9" round baking or pie pan with oil.

In a medium bowl, whisk together ice cream, flour, oil, and salt and pour into prepared dish. Scatter raspberries over the top and bake until just cooked through and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature, spooned into bowls or cut into wedges.

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/food/raspberry-buckle-recipe_1#ixzz6IOrWNMFo      :smitten:

new dessert recipe

Serves 8

Ingredients

½ tsp. kosher salt

Directions

In a medium bowl, whisk together ice cream, flour, oil, and salt and pour into prepared dish. Scatter raspberries over the top and bake until just cooked through and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature, spooned into bowls or cut into wedges.

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/food/raspberry-buckle-recipe_1#ixzz6IOrWNMFo      :smitten:

awwwwww! I will call a friend to get me ice cream!!! THANK YOU!!

new dessert recipe

Serves 8

Ingredients

½ tsp. kosher salt

Directions

awwwwww! I will call a friend to get me ice cream!!! THANK YOU!!

Hope it's good  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies (and gentlemen?) here comes a little light in the dark: Makes me smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKYiTg6_J-M

Big fan of jimmy fallon:-) what if he knew that there is a German lady obsessed with his show and annoying friends ("Marigold, we TOLD you, we don't understand English and no, we do not watch the show in the middle of the night dONT CALL US AGAIN")

Love it, I sang along with them!  :clap:

Today, again, I had to make something what the man has brought into the cave.

Which was: Feta cheese and ramson.

A. Lot.

Also a lot of toast (bread for toasting), made of wheat, which I normally don't eat, same for the cheese for I do not eat dairy, but hey, who cares, its isolation time and nothing is normal right now.

What I did was really delicious in the end and I had not expected it to be, but you have to cook that, too!! its a good nice snack:

Marigolds ramson-feta-spread (served on toasted bread, with a tomato and carrot salad):

200 gram feta cheese, crumbled as small as you can get it, use a fork

100 gram ramson, chopped in little peaces

2 Spoons olive oil

salt, pepper

lemon juice as much as you want, start with just a bit

(mash all together. Can be stored in a lockable container in the fridge!), put it on the warm bread, tastes yummy...

I think it must also work with a fresh cooked, hot pasta, then the cheese would melt and the garlic like taste of the ramson should taste great, too..

A. Lot.

Also a lot of toast (bread for toasting), made of wheat, which I normally don't eat, same for the cheese for I do not eat dairy, but hey, who cares, its isolation time and nothing is normal right now.

What I did was really delicious in the end and I had not expected it to be, but you have to cook that, too!! its a good nice snack:

Marigolds ramson-feta-spread (served on toasted bread, with a tomato and carrot salad):

2 Spoons olive oil

salt, pepper

(mash all together. Can be stored in a lockable container in the fridge!), put it on the warm bread, tastes yummy...

I think it must also work with a fresh cooked, hot pasta, then the cheese would melt and the garlic like taste of the ramson should taste great, too..

That sounds delicious and as long as you can use your imagination to make things with what the caveman brings home, you are in good shape.  At least your meals are never boring  :laugh: :laugh:

How are you Marigold?  LY 🍀🍀🍀🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🍀🍀🐣🐣🐣

A. Lot.

2 Spoons olive oil

salt, pepper

That sounds delicious and as long as you can use your imagination to make things with what the caveman brings home, you are in good shape.  At least your meals are never boring  :laugh: :laugh:

How am I.... uhm.. today some hours ago I took a shower and looked at my body and had to cry so intensively that I thought what the hell is happening. During the day I felt very nervous and could not relax, some inner pressure. I still struggle with edema since I stopped the medication and also its only about 4 kilogram more weight, they ruin my former shape completely. I kind of have an after-baby-body now. Without the baby. Normally I don't give much energy into that, so I seem to struggle with the current situation (isolation, caveman around 24/7) a lot more than I had thought.

Normally I have a lot of alone/me- time and I need it desperately. I just cannot let go, relax, or listen fully to my body when someone is around.

A. Lot.

2 Spoons olive oil

salt, pepper

How am I.... uhm.. today some hours ago I took a shower and looked at my body and had to cry so intensively that I thought what the hell is happening. During the day I felt very nervous and could not relax, some inner pressure. I still struggle with edema since I stopped the medication and also its only about 4 kilogram more weight, they ruin my former shape completely. I kind of have an after-baby-body now. Without the baby. Normally I don't give much energy into that, so I seem to struggle with the current situation (isolation, caveman around 24/7) a lot more than I had thought.

Normally I have a lot of alone/me- time and I need it desperately. I just cannot let go, relax, or listen fully to my body when someone is around.

I have benzo belly, it changes intensity all the time, but also sometimes look like the baby 👶 should be there.  Sorry your caveman annoys you so much.  I know that makes it all harder  :(. We are here for you !!  :smitten: :smitten:

Mari, try to remember that your perceptions of how you look, feel, etc., are NOT normal yet. ALL of that stuff is being colored or messed up by benzo wd.

I should not read posts about food when I am hungry!

LOL!

This is not benzo withdrawal. I have a realistic sight on my body and feeling about it. Normally I love it no matter how it looks. Its not my fault or the fault of my body - we both have to deal with the consequences of medication..

Do you know that you notice all the little things when you feel exhausted... that's what happening right now.

I need to be careful with what I eat, this isolation shit has made me eat stuff I normally would avoid and I also ate more candy and had some drinks. I do not react like in withdrawal, .. but I am sure my mood changes when I do not eat healthy. It usually takes me about one hole weak to return back to normal with my diet and I follow my nose around the supermarket (sniff...sniff... I WANT A PUMPKIN).. and I cannot do that at the moment. On top the sorrows about getting the virus or someone I love getting it. My 2 family members are 4 weeks in recovery from it and I just see how hard it is to recover, and this makes me think about how I could deal with it.. today I also hear 2 very bad comments about that we should stop the lockdown and continue normal life and let the weak ones die out "naturally". I mean.... what?  I mean, I made these people shut up and nearly cry in a minute.. but alone knowing that people out there are thinking like that,... why the hell am I so vulnerable today?? Is it full moon? Period coming? universe explosions...?

Enough about me! Tell me, ladies, how are YOU???

Mari, if this ISNT benzo wd, what is it?

ALL of us are super worried about covid 19. I sure am. Any intelligent person is currently worried about covid virus. Are you taking your temperature at least daily? SO FAR, that seems to be the only believable test for at home diagnosis of covid flu.

But I can tell you that a LOT of people here on BB are just as scared of this as you are. Count ME in, too. I am scared of covid 19.

Marigold, I just want you to feel better. You sure deserve that. Will you keep us posted, please? We BB Buddies have to help each other get through this covid 19 scare AND benzo wd.

east

I tapered too fast in March and am paying for it now.  I was doing pretty decent and thought I could take advantage of it, but a bad move.  My worst symptoms are my back and my left eye and both are really acting up  :(.  My fault, I just have to taper so stinking slow.  I am a little more nervous because of the virus.  Marigold, my sil had it, took her almost 3 weeks to recover.    So hoping for same with your family.  She was miserable but never in danger.  My husband and I get a long really well.  I am very grateful for that, my heart goes out to you.  But let's try to get some humor tomorrow in the recipe thread, that was a lot of fun for several of us.  You are a good woman and I enjoy getting to know you.    :smitten: :smitten:

Mari, if this ISNT benzo wd, what is it?

ALL of us are super worried about covid 19. I sure am. Any intelligent person is currently worried about covid virus. Are you taking your temperature at least daily? SO FAR, that seems to be the only believable test for at home diagnosis of covid flu.

But I can tell you that a LOT of people here on BB are just as scared of this as you are. Count ME in, too. I am scared of covid 19.

Marigold, I just want you to feel better. You sure deserve that. Will you keep us posted, please? We BB Buddies have to help each other get through this covid 19 scare AND benzo wd.

east

Thank you east, I appreciate your post.. no, I do not take my temperature daily.... I still feel "normal" and as functional as "normal".. I also still do my aerobic and yoga workouts no matter what and expose myself to the sun, did some gardening, I have my dog to walk with.. and I want to get back to my healthy diet and take a lot of good supplements for years now... the only thing which I cannot control is my sleep, because its still so noisy at night here that my sleep is poor and interrupted and that steals a lot of my energy. But I try to meditate or relax during the daytime. What else can I do...

Don't worry about me, I will be fine. I always find a way.. I just noticed that today it was too much.. I made myself a nice gift, and I will enjoy it tomorrow. Are you able to go out into the sun, east?

I tapered too fast in March and am paying for it now.  I was doing pretty decent and thought I could take advantage of it, but a bad move.  My worst symptoms are my back and my left eye and both are really acting up  :(.  My fault, I just have to taper so stinking slow.  I am a little more nervous because of the virus.  Marigold, my sil had it, took her almost 3 weeks to recover.    So hoping for same with your family.  She was miserable but never in danger.  My husband and I get a long really well.  I am very grateful for that, my heart goes out to you.  But let's try to get some humor tomorrow in the recipe thread, that was a lot of fun for several of us.  You are a good woman and I enjoy getting to know you.    :smitten: :smitten:

At the moment, I cannot even blame the man here. I just need time to be alone. I have too much going on in my brain. Has been like that since I was a kid. At work, no matter where I worked, they understood quickly that Marigold needs time to think... and then could always find a solution. I think this, and the sleep deprivation.. is the WORST...

I am happy you and your hubby (by the way I LOVE the word - is there one for the wife as well?) get along so well, that is great.

Tomorrow WILL be a funny day because I have to find another recipe with toast bread and I also have an old zucchini and a soy yogurt in my fridge...

What are you planning to cook?

My husband cooks!  I clean. A deal when we got married.  I can cook some things but never really enjoyed it, lol.  I don't know how I started getting recipes from Food and Wine.  I don't cook or drink  :laugh: :laugh:  but I get some great recipes for other people  :D

At the moment, I cannot even blame the man here. I just need time to be alone. I have too much going on in my brain. Has been like that since I was a kid. At work, no matter where I worked, they understood quickly that Marigold needs time to think... and then could always find a solution. I think this, and the sleep deprivation.. is the WORST...

I am happy you and your hubby (by the way I LOVE the word - is there one for the wife as well?) get along so well, that is great.

Tomorrow WILL be a funny day because I have to find another recipe with toast bread and I also have an old zucchini and a soy yogurt in my fridge...

What are you planning to cook?

I love you ladies! This thread brings me joy even when you're being honest about your struggles. Thank you for being yourselves!

Back to food....I made a big pot of homemade chicken soup. white chicken meat, bone broth, carrots, onion, garlic, celery, rice. I season it with salt, pepper, and curry. The curry is what makes it in my opinion. It goes so quickly in my house - which I find a huge compliment:)

Oh and I baked a cake the other day as my son turned 14. I too normally am careful with what I eat - but that piece of cake called me by name....

Thankful my appetite has come back bc I have lost over 30 lbs this year due to this "journey" I'm on.

Stores here are actually looking stocked again for the most part. The crazy hoarding seems to have slowed down. Our main grocery store has made many changes to ensure the safety of their employees, as well as customers. (There are som e other stores I will not go to because they've been slack in doing what they needed to.)

Any friends of our who had covid are recovering well. It's been a few weeks for them also, but its a relief to see them make progress.

But my husband reported that the ICU at his hospital is still pretty busy so.....we are not in the clear yet.

I love you ladies! This thread brings me joy even when you're being honest about your struggles. Thank you for being yourselves!

Back to food....I made a big pot of homemade chicken soup. white chicken meat, bone broth, carrots, onion, garlic, celery, rice. I season it with salt, pepper, and curry. The curry is what makes it in my opinion. It goes so quickly in my house - which I find a huge compliment:)

Oh and I baked a cake the other day as my son turned 14. I too normally am careful with what I eat - but that piece of cake called me by name....

Thankful my appetite has come back bc I have lost over 30 lbs this year due to this "journey" I'm on.

Stores here are actually looking stocked again for the most part. The crazy hoarding seems to have slowed down. Our main grocery store has made many changes to ensure the safety of their employees, as well as customers. (There are som e other stores I will not go to because they've been slack in doing what they needed to.)

Any friends of our who had covid are recovering well. It's been a few weeks for them also, but its a relief to see them make progress.

But my husband reported that the ICU at his hospital is still pretty busy so.....we are not in the clear yet.

Trina, your husband works at a hospital?  Thank him, and you , from us.  :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Mary! Much appreciated! his hospital is not insane like the ones in NYC, but he is definitely involved with it. He's a pretty calm guy - always has been. But I am seeing the stress in various ways. Taking walks outside has been our coping lately  - so thankful for that!