[Ki...]

Dear Friends

I will be needing surgery as my 1st step to treat my breast cancer

Shud I tell the anesthetist any precautions

It will be under general anesthesia

Does benzo withdrawal interact with GA.

Thank you so much

Kirkhero,

I am so sorry you will be dealing with breast cancer on top of all of this.  There have been others on BB in a similar situation; there is a thread under "support groups" where you could post your question for shared experiences on GA and withdrawal.  A good friend of mine, Hope76, was in this situation.  Perhaps you could reach out to her?

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=157052.0

with compassion.....

I’m sorry you’re facing this now, but glad it’s been caught and being treated.  :hug:

Many of this community have had surgeries requiring anesthesia with no problems. You will probably be offered a benzodiazepine as a pre-surgical relaxant. If you choose to take it, I doubt it will hurt anything. But it’s optional. I decided to wait til the last minute to decide, by that time I was no longer nervous about surgery and didn’t take it.

Kirkhero,

My heart goes out to you, I'm sorry you are facing another challenge.  You are strong though and will face this first step in the treatment of breast cancer.

I have had many surgeries due to a terribly bad shoulder.  As Challis said, you will be offered a benzo pre-surgery for calming and amnesia effects.  Dr. Ashton says that a one off use of benzos for surgery should not present problems. I do know of people who had no issues with this.

I personally chose not to have pre-op benzos.  My wishes were respected and since this wasn't my first rodeo in terms of surgery, I was fine and didn't need the drug.

I'm thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts for your surgery.

PG  :smitten:

Hi

I took a one off dose of versed and it didn’t affect me. They gave it to me without telling me so if you opt not to take a pre surgery benzo you might want to tell them right off. They also gave me fentynl which pissed me off to no end.

Thanks my friends.

So nice to hear from you Pianogirl. Means a lot to me

I will definitely not take the benzo.

What other drugs shud I avoid in GA

Did u have surgeries with GA.

Thank you so much.