Any Short-term, CT, No taper/No Reinstated Folks out there?

[Da...]

i was a short term buddy :) i used Xanax for about 3ish months and now i'm 4 months clean! i took 2mg (so a bar) everyday. i c/t when my long time friend got sent to rehab to detox without me really knowing and how bad his problem was with benzos, and it finally made me open my eyes, long story but after hell for about 2 months straight and no sleep, lost weight and taking a ton of CBD oil (don't know what i would've done without it) its now month 4 and i feel about 85%-90% back to normal, it was a war and you have to treat it like a war and that you're gonna win.

How are all of us short termers doing?? Let's keep updating on how we're doing. I'm down to about 5 symptoms. Brain shaking, inner vibrating, some anxiety, inner electric feeling when vibrating gets intense, and just an overall sick feeling that can last all day long. I'm hoping we all get relief soon.

Doing pretty bad myself! palpitations going crazy lately. wow this blows!

I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. Mine got so bad that I had to have a ct scan to the heart done and wear a holter moniter for a week. Absolutely nothing was found. My palpitations left back in November. I hope you get relief soon.

I had a ct scan too. Really glad i got a radiation cannon fired directly into my chest for no reason :thumbsup:. I broke down and took some magnesium to today, it deff did help, but im hoping i dint mess my self up. I have overall sick feeling as well. hows your sleep?

I had a ct scan too. Really glad i got a radiation cannon fired directly into my chest for no reason :thumbsup:. I broke down and took some magnesium to today, it deff did help, but im hoping i dint mess my self up. I have overall sick feeling as well. hows your sleep?

Try not to worry too much about the palpitations,  I know its scary but I can tell for a fact that they go away. My sleep isn't great but I get about 4 hours of broken sleep a night. Doesn't bother me too much though, I'm handling it okay.

Hi All,

I can honestly say that each week since the end of January/beginning of February, I feel myself returning. Some days symptoms pop up and linger for a few hours and maybe up to the evening time. But are tolerable. I figure after months and months of pushing through INTENSE pain, fatigue and stress, a little pop-up is nothing. Other times I have windows that last for days. 

Every time I read “Time is a healer”, I would want to speed time up! Then as I began to pick myself back up and did some positive self talk and (just being honest) took a break from daily BB check-ins, I ended up focusing on other things. I find myself slowing getting back into my regular routine. I walk around the local lake, spending more time with my family, I have reconnected with some (not all) of my friends that I basically shut out, I’ve even bought a few new things for myself (clothes) and have gotten out of the house for a spa day. The biggest thing is that I have been laughing more. I can tell I still have just a little more ways to go. When the last few symptoms hit, it can be really disappointing because I think “I thought I was fully recovered”.  It’s 6 months later after only 1 month of prescription use. But I look back to where I was and where I am now...WHEW! Geez!...I can honestly say I am proud to have not given up. Let’s all keep on going! The short-term crew is resilient, strong and we’ve got each other’s back!

Much Respect!

Dani B

• 4 months later...
I am 25 days off Klonopin after taking 3mg a day for 8 years. I feel about 75% better but still have social anxiety and cognitive problems. If I drink beer I will go right back into acute withdrawal for weeks again? I can never drink alcohol again?

I’m in my second month and in the thick of it. I’m having brutal waves and windows where symptoms are less (but not gone). It’s pretty scary but my kids and family keep me going. I’m doing my best to keep a positive attitude. I love this forum. So helpful and great people.

HI, I have a question for the short time user group.  Were you all able to work?  When did you return to work?  Or did you have to quit to focus on recovery? I'm just wondering,  I"m still having waves and painful physical symptoms.  I'm supposed to go back to work in August but not sure if I can. :( 

Not working now, still having insomnia issue, can't fully concentrate on things. I'm not sure is due to WD of benzo or AD.

I would not drink alcohol until you are 100% healed.  Alcohol works on GABA the same way Benzos do.  Drinking now may not reset your healing clock, but it certainly won't help either.

I will be 4 years off in 3 weeks and just started to have a beer here and there about 4 months ago. 

It isn't worth it and won't help you recover any faster and more than likely will make your symptoms more intense?

Yes, I was able to go to work during my healing and recovery and many times I went in after not sleeping for 3 or 4 nights in a row after my CT.

I know it's not a contest and no one gets a prize for doing that, but I had bills to pay and a family to take care.  I ended up using about 20 sick days over 10 months as needed when things got really bad.  There was no way I could afford to quit or stay home for an extended period of time.  Although I was approved for the family and medical leave act for up to 60 days, I never used it.

You need to do what is best for you based on your situation.  If you can afford to stay home, that is best.  But if you can't, going back to work can be done.  Others did it too.

the way: you are always so balanced in your replies to members...so glad you've stayed on the site when you could have been long gone:)

I’m a short time user too. Got prescribed for 1 week for mild sleep issue because of exams, fell terribly ill. I was like a fish out of water trying to figure out what was going on. Eventually I was told I must be suffering depression which was nonsense but took another prescription. Was on meds a total of 2 months. Hardest experience of my life, you all know this. Someone asked about working during this, I took 3 months off then covid hit, I’m now working from home. If there was a time to listen and prioritize yourselves, that time is now. Keep going, healing is inevitable.