Chemical imbalance

[Mi...]

[bb...]
While I agree it probably isn't 100% accurate, I believe it gives you a basic idea of your levels. Again it was just nice to see that I am imbalanced and to remind myself it's the drug when my benzo brain tries to convince me that this is the new me. I agree that time is the only thing that really helps, it was just a piece of mind thing for me. I am using fresh organic foods, water and exercise as my medicine right now. Trying to listen to positive meditations about my brain healing every day.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Th...]

• [Me...]

• [Ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as accuracy goes, it is 0% accurate. There is no chemical imbalance cause of depression and the tests are worthless. Unless someone's idea of a cure for depression is to turn you into a zombie, increase the chances you'll kill yourself (which is a 100% cure), add in the fact there is a good chance you will say good bye to your libido and not even miss it, etc etc. and say hello to dp/dr big time. That's where antidepressants lead and they are the next big scandal coming after benzos and opiods. You aren't depressed anymore, that much is true - you're nothing.

That's where antidepressants lead and they are the next big scandal coming after benzos and opiods.

Yes, that's why anti-psychotics are already being heavily promoted for depression and even milder issues, a true crime

I had such a nonsense test in early withdrawal, payed a lot of money. It was so easy to manipulate the markers just by eating different, thats why I think these tests are not helpful at all. Just to know okey, my serotonin is low... and then ? I rather listen to the symptoms my body brings up.

I read a lot about the gut and how all chemicals are delivered from there, if you take the latest studies you can only shake your head about psychiatrists still believing in the brain theory. i mean,.. at the beginning a mental illness was treated with hysterrectomia. ... we have to be careful in which theory we believe

There has also been a big push to legitimize ECT. Psychiatry has become a list of pills and when all else fails, zap your brain with electricity, induce a seizure and call it good.

Distrust of the medical profession - you bet.

Stop thinking of yourself as broken. You have been injured but that doesn't mean you won't be well again. Not everyone is happy all the time. Some us live with the fact that we are melancholy introverts and there is nothing wrong with that.

There has also been a big push to legitimize ECT. Psychiatry has become a list of pills and when all else fails, zap your brain with electricity, induce a seizure and call it good.

Distrust of the medical profession - you bet.

Stop thinking of yourself as broken. You have been injured but that doesn't mean you won't be well again. Not everyone is happy all the time. Some us live with the fact that we are melancholy introverts and there is nothing wrong with that.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Chemical imbalances aren’t a real thing.

They’re proven to be just a theory and nothing more

No one actually knows what causes this

I believe that a chemical Imbalance plays a role for sure! How can you feel depressed or anxious and not have some aspect of your brain chemistry off? I’m not saying that a pill is the answer but to deny that a person who is clinically depressed has had changes to his brain is crazy. The question is, what changes happen.

I believe that a chemical Imbalance plays a role for sure! How can you feel depressed or anxious and not have some aspect of your brain chemistry off? I’m not saying that a pill is the answer but to deny that a person who is clinically depressed has had changes to his brain is crazy. The question is, what changes happen.

My point is, (I’ll have to find the link) but psychiatry has admitted chemical imbalances are a theory and they have no proof for what causes mental illness.

Newest studies show that the imbalance is coming out of your gut, not the brain:-)

I somehow find this funny, but it makes sense if one learns about the processes in the body and the main role of the gut. The link between how the microbiome looks like and mental illnesses is really interesting.

Explains how I healed myself from former emotional imbalance.

I don’t think it’s always a gut problem either. I think it depends on the person, DNA, circumstances, trauma etc.

I did not say its only in the gut. I was referring to the theory that it is only the brain.

Of course its a mixture of things, as anything always is on this planet.

I don’t think it’s always a gut problem either. I think it depends on the person, DNA, circumstances, trauma etc.

I did not say its only in the gut. I was referring to the theory that it is only the brain.

Of course its a mixture of things, as anything always is on this planet.

Mari, you’re not wrong I’ve seen those studies

Go to Council for Evidence Based Psychiatry

https://cepuk.org/news/

There is no chemical imbalance. I know it is comforting at times to think this is all beyond your control but this is a myth.

Do the research. Don't believe something because it gives you comfort. If it's not real, believing it won't make it real.

If mental illness is not related at all with neurotransmitters on some level then benzo withdrawal does not involve neurotransmitter either. A person can have panic attacks, derealization, depersonalization, tinnitus, insomnia etc. Without going through benzo withdrawal. How is it possible then that 2 people that have the same symptoms of mental illness. One person from withdrawal and the other from mental illness, yet the person going through withdrawal has a problem with their neurochemistry but the person who just has mental illness has no issue with their neurochemistry? Something is happening in the brain in both people. Now I’m not saying it’s a serotonin issue or a dopamine issue but there is some type of issue.

What is it then??? I don't know but neither do neurologists or psychiatrists. We know so little about the brain. It doesn't HAVE to be any particular thing - we are not machines where you tweak a neuron and we're "fixed". We do not have all the answers and a lot of people are really unable to handle uncertainty. Maybe it's just modern life because it's ridiculous what is considered mental illness. We are not all the same and what one person can shrug off, another has difficulty dealing with. I do know that antidepressants and antipsychotics and other psych drugs cause serious harm. A pill will never take the place of learning coping mechanisms. What drugs will do is make you flat and manageable. Maybe you shouldn't be manageable. Maybe you should be angry or sad or whatever.

I do know that the 10 minutes that your doctor has to spend with you is spent entering billing codes on his computer and has f**k all to do with listening to you.

Doctors are in the medicated group along with us. They don't know how to get off the drugs either. Doctors are increasingly quitting medicine or killing themselves. They are not dealing with their life so how do you expect them to have an answer for you? They have a prescription pad and unfortunately they use it for everything.

You're on this forum. Obviously what's causing your immediate problem is benzos.

You’re right! I’m here because benzos and antidepressants made me worse. I’m just venting my frustration trying to find a solution. Not only for benzo withdrawal but for my original condition as well.

Maybe the solution lies within ourselves. The idea that there is a physical cause is seductive but most likely not a productive line of inquiry unless you're a research scientist working for a pharmaceutical company.

For me, I'm concentrating on getting off benzos after decades of being polydrugged and getting off the other drugs. My original condition was that I had a lot of migraines. Guess what? I still have a lot of migraines and not one drug they gave me caused them to lessen in frequency or intensity.

I can deal with migraines. I know what they are. I lost sight of why I started on the psych drug journey.

I wasn't severely depressed prior to taking the drugs but I sure was after being on them - in fact I was suicidal. I was a breath away from killing myself for years and if you want a definition of hell, that was it. I woke up every day promising myself that I could end it all tomorrow if I still felt bad. Finally, I felt nothing - the drugs obviously worked - and one day I woke up and knew it was time - either quit the drugs or die today. Obviously, I chose to quit the drugs. I can always kill myself later if this doesn't work out.

I think we are starting to argue apples and oranges with a lot of transferred assumptions in relation to perspective/situation...

To pick it apart would do my head in, so ill step out...

:)

• 2 weeks later...
[b1...]

chemical imbalance...i would like to take that phrase and debunk the heck out of it.  research has proven that is nonsense.  it is a way for pharma companies to sell drugs...

antidepressants created the mess i am in and i do not agree with them.  read about gwen olsen the pharma rep and she will tell you all you need to know.

conventional doctors are ignorant, you have to advocate for yourself.  i agree with gut health and nutrition.  take care of your body, do not toxify it.  good luck.  xoxo

I think we are starting to argue apples and oranges with a lot of transferred assumptions in relation to perspective/situation...

To pick it apart would do my head in, so ill step out...

:)

LOL! Cant Fly, I agree. BB sometimes becomes a place of nitpicking and differing over how we describe this weird stuff.

Since NONE of us know the entire truth, arguments are a waste of precious time. We are here to support each other, right?

east