My Sleep has Gotten Very Bad Again

[bo...]

Ptsdmiracle,

Yes, not talking about it with anyone, not googling it, etc. and yes not freaking out either.  All that does is ensure you won't get any sleep.  If someone brings it up change the subject.  You are early in your WD and can expect insomnia to last for some time.  It starts to get better for most somewhere around month 12-18 although some get better sooner and some take longer.  No way to know for sure.

Theway2, but doesn't such a severe insomnia make you so depressed and tired that you can no longer function? This was my main fear when I was sleeping 0-2 hours a night. Apart from the "intrusive thoughts" all night. That was even a bigger fear and I see in you signature you also had them.

The fear of what lack of sleep will do to you is often worse than not sleeping itself!  Think of it this way, when you were a child or if you have children and they fall down and scrap their knee they will cry because of the pain...that's normal and natural, but most, after seeing blood, cry way harder because the sight of blood suggests the injury is far more serious than what it really is.  I found out through personal experience you can function very well on very little sleep.  It truly is mind over matter.  I "assumed" I should feel like crap after not getting any sleep for 2 or 3 or sometimes four days in a row.  No one can make him/her fall asleep.  It is simply not possible.  Benzos make your body's "gas pedal" (Glutamate) get TEMPORARILY stuck to the floor while removing your body's natural "brake pedal" (GABA) function.  Since Benzos Temporarily replace GABAs normal calming function, it takes some time for your body to fix that "damage" and allow you sleep on your own.  That is why many that experience withdrawal insomnia are "wired" but tired at the same time.  Glutamate (gas pedal) and GABA (brake pedal) try to do a balancing act all the time, but Benzos take the balance away.  Your body will get all the sleep it needs before something bad can happen to you and "micro sleep" will sustain you until it evens out.

@[Bo...]

I am on the "Beating Benzos" Facebook group as myself (Facebook real name) as you can't join under an alias--it has to be a legit FB account.  I hope you remember my name from our phone calls in January and our PMs? 

The fear of what lack of sleep will do to you is often worse than not sleeping itself!  Think of it this way, when you were a child or if you have children and they fall down and scrap their knee they will cry because of the pain...that's normal and natural, but most, after seeing blood, cry way harder because the sight of blood suggests the injury is far more serious than what it really is.  I found out through personal experience you can function very well on very little sleep.  It truly is mind over matter.  I "assumed" I should feel like crap after not getting any sleep for 2 or 3 or sometimes four days in a row.  No one can make him/her fall asleep.  It is simply not possible.  Benzos make your body's "gas pedal" (Glutamate) get TEMPORARILY stuck to the floor while removing your body's natural "brake pedal" (GABA) function.  Since Benzos Temporarily replace GABAs normal calming function, it takes some time for your body to fix that "damage" and allow you sleep on your own.  That is why many that experience withdrawal insomnia are "wired" but tired at the same time.  Glutamate (gas pedal) and GABA (brake pedal) try to do a balancing act all the time, but Benzos take the balance away.  Your body will get all the sleep it needs before something bad can happen to you and "micro sleep" will sustain you until it evens out.

Thank you!