Has anyone tried Zoloft or Sertraline as a benzo crossover?

[Cr...]

This happened to me as well. I caved in and took Cipralex because I was tired of suffering for years and it backfired and that’s what led me to benzos. 

Boy, that saying, "One man's meat is another man's poison," sure rings true.  I love my Dad, but my father would be so quick tempered no one could stand him, and my brother would still be crying in his bedroom if they had not found Zoloft.  My brother came off with a medium taper without any ill effects.  Go figure.

As for niacin and niacinamide, they are both different forms of vitamin B3.  Niacin reduces synaptic glutamate, so if you are anxious or in pain because of too much synaptic glutamate, it will take it away.  I have researched the $hit out of it and looked everywhere and I mean everywhere, and there is not one research paper that will tell us how or why it does this.  There are many non-science articles that simply state that it does this, but none will tell us how or why.  Ben Lynch, the MTHFR guy has on his website that if methylfolate revs you up, niacin is the cure.  He does not even know that the reason niacin is the cure is that folate IS glutamate, and the niacin is doing its magic.  Niacin, when the glutamate is gone, will make your face, hands and feet flush red and warm.  In neurologically typical people, this effect is harmless.  In us, it can backfire as in the absence of glutamate, it boosts histamine, which can increase anxiety.

Niacinamide aka nicotinamide is niacin's calmer cousin.  It will not make you flush.  It will make you calm, and again, I have not found one article say how or why it does this, just that it does.  It produces less histamine too.  I am so sensitive I cannot take either any more, but less sensitive people may have more luck.

Neither will help with DPDR which is a very complex symptom.

Hope that helped.

Ramcon1

Ramcon1,

I have been feeling much better (more energy, mind sharper, better mood, symptoms less intense) since I started taking 1000mgs of L-Lysine per day. In your opinion, could this be because Lysine acts like a receptor agonist of serotonin?

I am amazed that I actually find myself smiling or laughing at something cute or funny on TV. I haven't done that in a long time!

Ramcon, my head pressure is the root of all my issues. Three times it left me and I felt absolutely normal. I guess that’s why the cipralex backfired on me. It increased my head pressure and started to feel worse until it turned into a chemically induced depression/anxiety. Even with all these supplements I don’t have the knowledge what might be good for me. Would it be wise to even take something while I’m on 2 medications? I’ve never been so stuck in my life. The Remeron is helping the physical stuff but the head pressure and all that comes with it like the brutal rumination and inability to enjoy anything persists. My doctor wants me to go to 30mg cause he said this was minimal therapeutic dose. How do I test to see if my problem is glutamate related?

Greek,

I think all of our problems are "glutamate related" in that they are caused my too many glutamate receptors that fire too easily and let too much electricity through.  But.  That does not mean that a reduction in glutamate will reduce a particular issue.

Head pressure is ALMOST certainly histamine related.  Texasmama was plagued by that one, and she said it went away completely if she took Zyrtec, but it was so severe that she would literally have to take a 24-hr Zyrtec every 3-4 hours to keep it at bay.  I am not suggesting you do that.  I am relaying what a fellow buddy found with an experiment.

Remeron is an antihistamine, if you do as your doctor suggests and try more, it MAY lessen head pressure.  I do not take more because I do not  have head pressure and I need it for sleep, and for sleep, less is more. 7.5-22.5 mg for sleep with everyone having a different sweet spot.

Racing thoughts is for sure glutamate, but niacin and niacinamide, very safe for neurologically typical people, will give us more histamine.

To be clear, your "two meds" are your remaining clonazepam and remeron.  Niacin and niacinamide are mild, but might make things worse for histamine.

Not sure what to tell you.  Sorry.

Ramcon1