using 190 proof grain alcohol, what ratio for klonopin solution?

[no...]

[quote

so if i do:

1mg clonazepam +1ml everclear +9ml H2O,

which makes a solution of 1mg per 10ml

in other words 0.1mg clonazepam per 1ml or

0.1mg/1ml ....

does a 10 day supply of this look like:

10mg clonazepam +10ml everclear +90ml H20 = 10mg clonazepam per 100ml for a 10mg/100ml (1mg/10ml = .1mg/1ml )  ???

and if i got that right then:

how do i figure the math to get my .25mg, .25mg and 0.5mg daily doses?  how many ml of the solution above = .25mg and my later dose of 0.5mg?

(i understand the part about adding the total daily dose of med to the measuring cup and adding H2O to =1 cup & dividing the total 1 cup into 3 doses as 1/4 , 1/4, and 1/2 cup doses)

and the next question of course, is: what does the daily schedule reducing at the rate of 1% every 6 weeks look like in numbers?

nomoredrugs, these are all good questions for builder.

Al

probably not even checking for the decimal point that you never included from his original formula.

Absolutely correct.  My error was that I failed to spot the error in her post.

Just to clear my part up.  I don't add 100 ml's of water to the beaker. I fill the beaker up to the 100 ml line.  So I have the 0.5 mg pill the 9-10 ml's of alcohol and then fill it up after the alcohol does it's magic with the pill.  So everything adds up to 100 ml's.  Hope that helps.  The math makes no difference to me except for recording my progress here.  I am consistently doing the same thing and drinking LESS of the liquid daily.  :thumbsup

Given that Buddies often look through old posts for guidance, I want to double-check that you are using 9 to 10 mLs of alcohol to dissolve 0.5 mg of clonazepam.  That’s much more than what is typically suggested.

that is wayyyy too much alcohol to dissolve only a 0.5mg pill of clonazepam!

Nomoredrugsforme:  So you have been tapering Valium for how many months?

Secondly, I made a mistake in my reply in regards to Everclear. I use 5ml's of alcohol per each 0.5 mg of Clonazepam.  So if I make a weekly batch I use two pills and then I add 200 ml's of H2O!!! How can you say that I am using too much alcohol when I use a lot more H2O than most? Just curious because I've been doing my taper successfully for almost two years.  ::)

hey Raquel,

i think you got me confused with someone else. i've never taken valium.

2nd: go back and read the conversation between you Libertas and then my response should be clear.  it is never reccomended to use more than 2ml of alcohol as a solvent per 1mg of a benzo,  however you stated in that post you quoted above that you use 9-10ml's of alcohol to dissolve 0.5mg of your benzo. Libertas caught it and commented and i also concurred. then you just now said that you use only 5ml's of alcohol to dissolve only 0.5mg of benzo. that is also still way more than the reccomended amount of solvent.

if it works for you, then i say don't change it. this isn't about anyone else's taper but yours. (well, technically, it was a thread started by me about my taper from 1mg of clonazepam using 190 proof alcohol, but let's just run with "this is about you and your taper" for now) ...like i said, if it's working for you, and you haven't had problems from the amount of alcohol, then by all means keep doing it the way it works for you!

but for others, like myself, more than 2ml of alcohol as a solvent per 1mg of benzo is uneccesary and adds up to more alcohol than is desirable especially when combined with a benzodiazepine. the two are not good together it is well described in the medical literature going back more than 50 years. so the ideal for MOST people is to use the minimum amount of alcohol as a solvent as is required to completely dissolve the API in the pills.

if the math here is correct, if i used the same amount of alcohol that you stated in both of your 2 posts above (9-10ml's, and corrected later to 5ml's of 190 proof Everclear per 0.5mg benzo, respectively), that would mean for me at my current daily dose of 1mg clonazepam, that i'd be taking the equivalent of a shotglass (which is 44ml or 1.5 ounces) full of 190 proof alcohol  every other day, or to put this into laymans terms, that's more than a regular shotglass of whiskey every day...more than a glass of wine every day, more than a can of beer every day..

They range from around 40 % alcohol to 80%. Again, for comparison purposes, 40% (or "80 proof") whiskey, or spirits, is a good concentration. With this in hand, a 5 ounce glass of wine, a 12 ounce can of general American beer, and a 1 1/2 ounce shot of 49% whiskey contain approximately the same amount of alcohol.
taken from: https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/which-has-most-alcohol-can-beer-shot-wine-shot-303164

0.5mg clonazepam + 10ml 190 proof alcohol as solvent is the same as:

1mg clonazepam + 20ml 190 proof alcohol as solvent

my daily total clonazepam dose is 1mg

(so using your ratio above and applying it to my daily dose)

1mg clonazepam + 20ml 190 proof alcohol as solvent

then i'd be using 20ml per day of 190 proof alcohol, which is about 1/2 a shotglass of 95% pure alcohol a day, which is more than the amount of alcohol in a full shotglass of whiskey, which means i'd be taking more than the equivalent of a shot of whiskey per day.

and if i wanted to drink (i do not drink at all) that much alcohol, why not just toss back my benzos with a hefty glass of wine or a big can of beer or a tall shot of whiskey? it would be the same amount of alcohol after all. even if i drank a gallon of water afterwards. the amount of alcohol per benzo is the same. and i'm not looking to add alcoholism to my list of chemical dependencies.

so you "corrected" your statement to say you only dissolve your 0.5mg clonazepam in 5ml's instead of 9-10ml's of 190 proof Everclear...okay just cut the amount of alcohol consumed per day by 1/2.  it's still way more than reccomended for MOST people. like i said before, maybe you're different, maybe your way works for you because your body metabolizes alcohol and benzos together differently, or maybe it just works for you because you're acclimated/accustomed/used to doing it that way since you said you've been doing it that way for 2 years already...so i'm glad for you. but maybe now you can see why it's not reccomended to others to use more than 2ml alcohol as solvent per 1mg of benzo.

I did get you mixed up with someone else and I apologize.  I also corrected my mistake.  I didn't  put a decimal point in the amount of ml's.  So sorry... that's what happens when I get tired.  I apologize and absolutely do not use that much Everclear in my solution.  :oops:

I didn't  put a decimal point in the amount of ml's.  So sorry... that's what happens when I get tired.  I apologize and absolutely do not use that much Everclear in my solution.  :oops:

No problem, Raquel!  We ALL misplace a decimal point at one time or another. ;)

No big thing.

All is well.

Al

I did get you mixed up with someone else and I apologize.  I also corrected my mistake.  I didn't  put a decimal point in the amount of ml's.  So sorry... that's what happens when I get tired.  I apologize and absolutely do not use that much Everclear in my solution.  :oops:

no worries!  :mybuddy:

thank gawd i was like so scared you were drinking that much with benzos everyday! but to each their own right? whew i'm glad you weren't though

thank gawd i was like so scared you were drinking that much with benzos everyday! but to each their own right? whew i'm glad you weren't though

I was so tired when I wrote that reply.  I actually try to put in just a drop of alcohol and like I said use a pretty good size of H2O to dilute everything.  I am sensitive to EVERYTHING do I don't drink, smoke or take anything other than the Clonazepam..  and hopefully next year at this time I will be 100% substance free.  I'm really sorry for the mix-up.  Lol...  :idiot::-\

I'm was so tired when I wrote that reply.  I actually try to put in just a drop of alcohol and like I said use a pretty good size of H2O to dilute everything.  I am sensitive to EVERYTHING do I don't drink, smoke or take anything other than the Clonazepam..  and hopefully next year at this time I will be 100% substance free.  I'm really sorry for the mix-up.  Lol...  :idiot::-\

sounds to me like you're on the track to success baby! hehe (that was supposed to be read in an Austin Powers voice, but i get in trouble if i post memes on serious threads lol)

if it ain't broke don't fix it right? hugs :hug:

I'm was so tired when I wrote that reply.  I actually try to put in just a drop of alcohol and like I said use a pretty good size of H2O to dilute everything.  I am sensitive to EVERYTHING do I don't drink, smoke or take anything other than the Clonazepam..  and hopefully next year at this time I will be 100% substance free.  I'm really sorry for the mix-up.  Lol...  :idiot::-\

sounds to me like you're on the track to success baby! hehe (that was supposed to be read in an Austin Powers voice, but i get in trouble if i post memes on serious threads lol)

if it ain't broke don't fix it right? hugs :hug:

Haha!!  :D:laugh: