Builder - have question on Xanax taper please

[to...]

So quick question.  If you take your xanax is 4 divided doses.  Which I am doing too.  Sorry my sig line is not updated.  What dose do you decide to cut first?

If you follow the procedure I usually suggest, you can easily taper them evenly.

Put the full days dose in a standard measuring cup, and top it up to 1 full cup.  Drink 1/4 cup for each dose.

:thumbsup:

Hi Builder,

I quickly found I can not cut my first dose of the day by almost half.  I need to stick to 1 mg first thing in the morning and then I can taper from the other 3 doses for now.  Doing that - what would the amounts be for the other 3 doses a day?

starting at 2.25 - going down .008 mg = 2.242 mg

first dose - 1 mg then there is 1.242  left for the day - so 0.414 mg spread out by 3 doses?

Thanks

Put the full days dose in a measuring cup and top up to 1 1/4 cups.

Take 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/4 cup.

This will be very close to your current dose schedule.

Hi all,

I started my DLMT today.  I decided to go with the 4 equal doses and see how it goes.  This morning was a little hard because I almost decreased that dose by 50% but have since taken the second dose - which is a little more than I usually took so am doing better now.  I think it will be ok.  Just being positive and know that I had some anxiety about starting this DLMT as well.  I have to remember that I can do this and be positive and listen to my body.  Change is hard for me but if this is going to make my taper easier, and maybe go quicker, I am all in.

Some times the hardest part is just getting started.  I have started today and it feels good to have made the decision and keep moving forward!!!  :):thumbsup:

tolnbltp,

I love your positive post.  You go!  You got this you are going to do great.  Do you mind explaining how you are doing your DLMT?  I am close to your dose and just did a cut and hold starting two days ago.  Would love to do the DLMT but it seems so complicated.

Anyway love the positivity.  I need more of that in my own taper.  Thank you for posting!

Hi PowerPearl,

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond.  I was having some issues but have them worked out now.

What I am doing is splitting my doses of Xanax and the DLMT is the way to go.  It is alot easier to do than cut and hold with the pills.

What I am going to suggest to you is to contact Builder - he did a plan for me and it works.  He knows what he is doing and has helped so many people.  What I will also suggest is - once he given you a plan and explains it to you how to make your 9-10 day batch and then each day pull your daily dose and then add water and then split the doses the way he says - listen to him - he again, knows what he is doing.  He will not steer you wrong - but go by what he says and you will find that you will be glad you started the DLMT.

Take care and I hope you are having a good day!  :)

Thanks for the advice.  I will contact him when I am ready.  Can I ask you a question.  Do you every get interdose withdrawal and if you do, do you just stick it out until the next dose?

I never got them until 2 month ago.  I used to take my xanax all at once before bed.  Then something changed and now I am dosing all day trying to stabilize my body.  It never really works.

Thanks!

PP

Hi PowerPearl,

I have been splitting my doses of Xanax into 4 doses a day as that is what my doctor suggested( for 2 1/2 years now)  because I was having terrible anxiety and panic attacks (come to find out was from a cold turkey off Xanax and Ativan)  Sometimes , I would take my next scheduled dose early if I needed to.  I used to take and still do, my doses every 4 hours or so to prevent  WD symptoms.  I also take my highest dose first thing in the morning as that gets the Xanax in my body back up so I can get started with my day and then it makes the rest of the day go better for me.

I see you are taking Xanax and Valium and you said the Valium does not help you, I can not take Valium at all.  You may want to asked your doctor about sticking with just Xanax and you may have to go back to the last dose you felt stable at, get stable and then start tapering again slowly, DLMT  is easier and your taper may be quicker that way than to do the cut and hold.  Cut and hold for me  at the beginning of my taper was not too bad but the last 45 days of that I had issues every few days.  I am doing alot better on the DLMT. 

Try to get stable and then you can move forward and hopefully feel alot better.

Tale care.

Julia

I am SO proud of you.  Keep up the fantastic work!!  You deserve only the BEST!!!!!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten::mybuddy: :mybuddy: :mybuddy::hug: :hug: :hug: