Trying to wean off Lorazepam with no help

[Ia...]

Ativan is more potent than Valium but V is more sedating so I would not worry about symptoms switching over, what is your current dose per day of A? I switched directly over without crossing from 0.25 K to 10 MG V no issues, first few days were bit rough but that was because Valium has very long half life and it took longer to get into my bloodstream and concentrate because Ativan enters in more quickly but according to your signature you are on low dose of A so I would not even worry about crossing over, if it were me, Valium will take enough effect that you won't suffer no interdose symptoms etc....

but that is just my experiences. I just recently crossed over only 23 days ago.

I was on .75, but have been having to take more the past few days. So I think I'm taking about 1 mg a day now. I just worry about switching to Valium & having problems & then not being able to switch back to ativan if I need to. Sorry for all the questions. I'm just worried, obviously. Lol.

Ativan is a different feeling from my experience, it kicks in right away (15-20 mins) then you are more relaxed right away etc...but then say 3 hours later you are no longer relaxed and you are anxious and "looking for more" to feel that relaxed feeling.

Valium is longer -way longer- lasting, you will take it not feel it for like an hour or more then you will get tired and sedated (that is why I take it before bed) but after I wake up I feel good, bit sedated but not that bad (shower etc does it) but I don't feel the need to be looking for that next pill all day long etc...also I find it feels more relaxing than Ativan did to me, like my arms got warm sensation feeling, little bit euphoric etc...

truth be told you might not be "use" to the Valium so if you do decide to switch over at first you will be expecting that same instant relief that Ativan has brought your CNS for so long and that may cause anxiety at first because it is a different feeling but give it say 10-days at least than I do believe it will be better for you because it will subside the inter-dose symptoms you are describing in the above posts in this thread and other threads etc...

It is very low potent compared to Ativan but lasts so much longer, so less side-effects from it long term when you are "use" to it daily.

If your doctor suggests K (Clonazepam) just say NO, personally I hated that Benzo, worse one on the market and it appears has worse rebound effects according to everyone's threads on here etc....

She already suggested K😒But I said no. Do you think if I'm on 1 mg Ativan, it would be ok to switch straight to Valium? I know you're not a Dr., but I thought you might know. Since my Dr doesn't know much about tapering benzos or the Ashton Method.

I switched over directly from 2 years use of Ativan to K with no cross over due to run out of pills then I switched over directly from K to V due to I was never EVER touching another K pill as long as I live, I lived through it fine.

But Ashton method suggests to cross over gradually so idk up to yourself, I did it fine, but I am not going to encourage you to do it unless you want too, only you know your own body etc....

I know one thing, you won't die if you do or if you don't, you will be fine. I called me pharmacist and asked because I find they know more about medication than doctors do. she assured me that direct switch from K to V was ok and it WAS, so I will say I am sure you will be fine with A to V.

only thing like I said previously is you will not be used to the feeling at first so in your mind it may cause more anxiety and you will be thinking Nick82 was completely wrong, I need Ativan etc.....remember that they are two different benzo with two different symptoms etc...