New pill pushing psychiatrist

[Ni...]

Nick

Don’t panic.

I have cyp 450 and d20 variants but you just need to adjust the dose.

If it was me I might try to do two weeks on 25 and then try to settle on 50. But it’s your decision.

Mirtazipine might suit you as it has others but is quite sedating at first and relieves anxiety.

As for taking a benzo, it was my practice to give five days of oxazepam. ONLY at the start.

If it means avoiding ditching the SSRI then the smallest dose of klonipin for only three days might see you into a better place. Others may not agree. I can’t give you definitive advice legally.

PM me twice day with how you are and I will try to see you through this.

Best wishes for your plan

Dick.  . 

I try not to! But my mind is playing tricks on me now with this severely increased anxiety, it's non-stop.

I'm going to try and stick to the sertraline but if that doesn't work i might ask my psych for something more sedating like mirtazapine.

It's the fourth day now on 25mg sertraline.

The severe anxiety has lessened and also my depression has improved, it's more of a blah feeling i have. Emotionless.

The problem is that i'm also feeling like a zombie. I can't concentrate and i'm unmotivated.

I hoped that would improve with the SSRI.

The lack of motivation is big a problem because i need to get things done!

Other side effects:

Dysautonomia worsened

Diarrhea

Fatigue

Sickly feeling

Brain fog

Insomnia

Difficulty following a conversation

It's the fourth day now on 25mg sertraline.

The severe anxiety has lessened and also my depression has improved, it's more of a blah feeling i have. Emotionless.

The problem is that i'm also feeling like a zombie. I can't concentrate and i'm unmotivated.

I hoped that would improve with the SSRI.

The lack of motivation is big a problem because i need to get things done!

Other side effects:

Dysautonomia worsened

Diarrhea

Fatigue

Sickly feeling

Brain fog

Insomnia

Difficulty following a conversation

I would just stay on the zoloft for awhile. All of us hate Rx meds and would rather not take anything if possible. I know I would. I do not like taking even OTC things. Maybe, some of these side effects will go away after awhile. You really have not been on it that long. I am doing the same thing with a small dose of lexapro and things have gotten better at day 25 now. I think this will finally enable me to get off and stay off the valium. Prior to the lexapro, the sx's were intolerable and horrifying. Things are still bad but the lexapro is starting to block some of the suffocating panic and fear and have kept me from running back to the ER thinking I am dying. All they will do is give me more benzos like they have done in the past and tell me to see my doctor. Ugh!

Yes Dick, i think so but today is a very bad day. Very high anxiety, racing mind, adrenaline surges, it's terrible. I've lost 2kg in 5 or 6 days because of high anxiety, i eat well.

Antibenzo7, nice to hear about your progress. What were your lexapro startup symptom during the first few weeks? Did you suffer from increased anxiety? My mind is going crazy at the moment.

I'm now over a week on sertraline, lowered the dosage from 25mg to 12.5mg due to side effects.

I have developed tinnitus and hyperacusis and i'm a bit worried about that. I've done some reading and it's not such a rare side effect, it does happen with SRRI's.

There are some troubling reports to be found of people who never got rid of the tinnitus after stopping the SSRI. I don't want to risk ringing in my ears for the rest of my life so i'm probably going to stop using sertraline.

Also my nervous system is really amped up, it feels like i'm in acute benzo withdrawal. The slightest sound startles me.

I will give my body some time to wash out the drug and then ask for something else. Maybe mirtazapine? Or another SSRI.