Vodka Solvent?

[jo...]

Hi benzo-off,

I'm not following the comment, to each their own.  Is the data at hand in question?

sierra

Hi sierra,

To each their own means just that, to each their own. Everyone in the end, will do what they feel is best for them. We all have to find our own way.

Thanks for the clarification, benzo-off  :) that it wasn't in reference to accepting sound scientific data provided.

I agree, everyone will have to find the path most effective for their individual situation. 

sierra  :smitten:

[e1...]

This will be my last comment on this topic.

When I see tapering advise given using ethanol, it would be in the best interest of all, for the proof of the ethanol to be specified clearly.

I see "plans" detailed out where it is 1ML/1MG, with that, I take that to mean the use of Everclear.

When I see "plans" detailed out where it is 2ML/1MG, with that, I take that to mean the use of Smirnoff(or a brand with the same proof).

Not everyone will catch that, IMHO.

An updated sticky thread clearly laying out the basic foundations for the above scenarios would be more than helpful for a lot of people.

When I see tapering advise given using ethanol, it would be in the best interest of all, for the proof of the ethanol to be specified clearly.

I see "plans" detailed out where it is 1ML/1MG, with that, I take that to mean the use of Everclear.

When I see "plans" detailed out where it is 2ML/1MG, with that, I take that to mean the use of Smirnoff(or a brand with the same proof).

yes i was just wondering if i use 190 proof everclear  when i get ready to start my DLMT of clonazepam, should i use the 1:2:8 ratio, or will i need less solvent/alcohol since i'll be using high proof instead of say vodka? say ...would my ratio be 1:1:9 instead using the 190 proof everclear? (1mg clonazepam + 1ml everclear 190 proof + 9ml H2O)

if anyone could help me, i'd be much obliged.

also, is there a way to DLMT my other meds which have such a high mg amount, ie. my gabapentin is 900mg total daily, taken in 300mg doses 3x a day.

the formula would have me making 24 gallons for a ten day supply.

is it possible to DLMT high doses of meds that aren't benzos using this formula or another?

[e1...]

Gabapentin is freely water soluble, you can do a water liquid taper from it directly, no need to disintegrate it with anything beforehand. You will need to figure out your own ratio of mgs/mls though. If you do some searching th through the forum, you may find some helpful information.

Gabapentin is a white to off-white crystalline solid with a pKa1 of 3.7 and a pKa2 of 10.7. It is freely soluble in water and both basic and acidic aqueous solutions

Re: higher proof ethanol, I would say, yes to your 1:1:9 ratio.

yes i was just wondering if i use 190 proof everclear  when i get ready to start my DLMT of clonazepam, should i use the 1:2:8 ratio, or will i need less solvent/alcohol since i'll be using high proof instead of say vodka? say ...would my ratio be 1:1:9 instead using the 190 proof everclear? (1mg clonazepam + 1ml everclear 190 proof + 9ml H2O)

if anyone could help me, i'd be much obliged.

also, is there a way to DLMT my other meds which have such a high mg amount, ie. my gabapentin is 900mg total daily, taken in 300mg doses 3x a day.

is it possible to DLMT high doses of meds that aren't benzos using this formula or another?

If you use the 190 proof (95%) Everclear, you can safely use a 1mg per 1ml ratio to dissolve the K. (1:1:9)

And benzo-off is correct.  Gabapentin is freely water-soluble, and can be dissolved in plain water.

thank you benzo-off and builder for your responses to my everclear question!  :smitten:

... is there a way to DLMT my other meds which have such a high mg amount, ie. my gabapentin is 900mg total daily, taken in 300mg doses 3x a day.

i know that gabapentin is almost 100% soluble in H2O so no solvent needed, hower i am trying to figure out the math to do a DLMT on it and the amounts of liquid are so huge because of the dosage being so high...

once i've tapered down 100mg of the 900mg that i currently take daily, i can get the RX rewritten for the 100mg pills and it will be much easier to DLMT.

but for now i have 47 of the 100mg capsules so i could do a 57 day taper to get down to that 800mg daily dose. then i could use the new RX of 100mg capsules to taper the remainder of the way with, using one 100mg capsule to taper from at a time, i guess?

You will need to figure out your own ratio of mgs/mls though. If you do some searching th through the forum, you may find some helpful information.

could someone point me in the right direction to find help on getting a DLMT schedule for gabapentin using the 100mg capsules?

or does DLMT only work in a practical manner on doses much lower than 100mg?

(if this needs to be moved to another forum please move the below math work , lol)

would someone please check my math and tell me if i'm wrong (or send me to someone that can help?)

i very much appreciate this! now i'm convinced that DLMT is the way to go if possible and i want to apply this to all my tapers if i can

if i do the math like the formula for the benzo taper but subbbing H2O for the solvent so that it is 1:10 , then would it look like this:?

1mg K + 2ml solvent + 8ml water.  But that's just a ratio that you use to prepare your liquid.

A 10-12 day supply will be approx 10X your current daily dose

so...

1mg X 10 days = 10mg

100mg capsule gabapentin + 1000ml H2O = 1 day's dose

for a 10 day supply of gabapentin using the same formula as for the benzo DLMT:

100mg gabapentin X 10 = 1000mg

1000mg gabapentin + 10,000ml H2O or (2.64 gallons)

you taper 2.5%/week...

1mg X 2.5% =.025mg

.025mg/7 days = .0036 (round up to) .004mg/day reduction

100mg X 2.5% = 250mg

250mg/7 days = 35.7142 (round up to ) 35.714mg/day reduction

Schedule:

250      mg          2500    ml

250.000 mg        2500.00 ml

214.286 mg        2142.86 ml

178.572 mg        1785.72 ml

142.858 mg        1428.58 ml

etc...

just lower your dose by 357.14ml (35.714mg) each day

(i used the formula builder gave me below to get these numbers)

1mg K + 2ml solvent + 8ml water.  But that's just a ratio that you use to prepare your liquid.

A 10-12 day supply will be approx 10X your current daily dose

so...

1mg X 10 days = 10mg

Now just substitute that in the ratio...

10mg + 20ml solvent + 80ml water.

If you taper 2.5%/week...

1mg X 2.5% =.025mg

.025mg/7 days = .0036 (round up to) .004mg/day reduction

Schedule:

1mg                10ml

.996mg          9.96ml

.992mg          9.92ml

.988mg          9.88ml

etc...

just lower your  dose by .04ml (.004mg) each day

To divide your total dose into 3 daily doses, extract the full days dose, put it in a measuring cup, and add more water to make 1 full cup.  8AM drink 1/4 cup, noon drink 1/4 cup, 8PM drink 1/2 cup.

The 1:2:8 ratio used for benzos is only so you arrive at a .1mg=1ml solution.  The added 8 parts of water is only to make it easier to measure out appropriate doses.  It is NOT a factor for solubility.

You don't need to use that ratio for gabapentin.  You could just as easily use a 1mg=1ml ratio...dissolve 100mg in 100ml, or a 1000mg in 1000 mls.  You do NOT have to use so much liquid for the gabapentin.

And obviously if you do a 1mg=1ml solution, there isn't any math.

The 1:2:8 ratio used for benzos is only so you arrive at a .1mg=1ml solution.  The added 8 parts of water is only to make it easier to measure out appropriate doses.  It is NOT a factor for solubility.

You don't need to use that ratio for gabapentin.  You could just as easily use a 1mg=1ml ratio...dissolve 100mg in 100ml, or a 1000mg in 1000 mls.  You do NOT have to use so much liquid for the gabapentin.

And obviously if you do a 1mg=1ml solution, there isn't any math.

ah thanks builder! this makes a lot more sense to me  ;)