Can Alcohol Be Useful? Rarely?

[sa...]

Hi BB

There's been a few days when I've felt really bad. :-\

Could it be useful to drink alcohol when I feel very bad (assuming 3 days in the month) ?  Or would it be worse or useless?

I have nothing against alcohol, and really don't think an occasional drink while tapering will cause any problems.

But...using alcohol to offset the effects of withdrawing from a benzo seems counter-productive to me.

I have nothing against alcohol, and really don't think an occasional drink while tapering will cause any problems.

But...using alcohol to offset the effects of withdrawing from a benzo seems counter-productive to me.

Why will be counter-productive ?

I mean i think in the alcohol in some hours in maybe 2/3 days in the month(when i feel an intense inner agitation)

But i don't know if can be worse or useless or if can cause any problem in the longterm.

Why will be counter-productive ?

I mean i think in the alcohol in some hours in maybe 2/3 days in the month(when i feel an intense inner agitation)

But i don't know if can be worse or useless or if can cause any problem in the longterm.

IMO, having a few drinks to resolve WD sxs is not much different than taking an extra dose of your benzo.  It will probably give you temporary relief, but extend dependency.

If you want to have a few drinks, you really don't need approval from the board.  It seems apparent your really want to have a few, but want to convince yourself its OK. 

Personally, I would choose a small updose, but...that's just me.