Support for individuals living and suffering ALONE in the real world 🌎

[Ni...]

Nick, thanks for thread.

Yes all alone no NO friends.  Long story of a sleep disorder putting me out of synch, then could not work, sister is a narcissist, who does not reply.

So mayb emake some real actual friends here??  Tho a real in flesh friend would make all athe difference.

So tired i write more later... been bad days

I'm so sorry you are having a rough time. I am there myself just about every day. Friends in person would be nice but even so, it's so difficult to find others that would even understand what we are going through. You have friends here, though. Count me in.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wa...]

• [Gu...]

• [Ba...]

• [te...]

Does anyone object to my dropping in?

I’ve felt I’m living in my own head for so long.  I do have a long time bf that is here physically but not emotionally.  I had him read Parker’s post re:what’s going on in your brain so he would truly understand this. He says he does. He’s always hated meds but was with me when original pdoc put me on them. 

Since then family, friends, doctors all said it’s all in your head and promptly dumped me.  Who needs the aggravation right.

This is so awful.

I’ve been with my bf for + years. Don’t want marriage. He’s very busy with his high tech job so notime for me at all. He is physically present, that’s it. Parents have both past, brothers no help. Pretty sad when you think about it.  How about ypu

I’ve been with my bf for + years. Don’t want marriage. He’s very busy with his high tech job so notime for me at all. He is physically present, that’s it. Parents have both past, brothers no help. Pretty sad when you think about it.  How about ypu

Husband left me and my four kids 6 years ago. My mom died last year. My best friend and boyfriend couldn't handle my health crisis so they both left. All of my other friends kind of faded out after the benzo stuff because I've just been sick for so long with that plus random health stuff that took me out most of last year. I have my dad and my kids and that's about it. Other people check in from time to time but no real friends if that makes sense.

Losing your mother is brutal isn’t it?  I lost mine over 6 years ago and I feel so alone.  It also doesn’t help when your friends abandon you as well.  The only time my phone rings is from telemarketers.  Lately I’ve been thinking about befriending them with over the top stories but that would probably just backfire on me, so better not!

Congratulations on getting to the end.  Hopefully it won’t take too long for your brain to heal completely and you can get back to normal life.  How great that will be!  😎

I'm sorry you have lost both of your parents. There is no one else like your mom. I have a brother, too, but he is not a brother to me and hasn't been for years. What do you do to pass the time each day? Your comment about the telemarketers made me laugh. Might be fun to see where that goes, lol. 

My days are filled with entertaining my needy dog, the other one isn’t quite as needy.  Then never ending housework. My bliss is reading.  Someday when the taper is over and my brain is recovered I will get bonded and help my neighbor with her pet sitting business.  Also would like to volunteer at the dementia unit in the Assisted Living Facility. 

How about you?  When you have truly healed what are your goals?

That's a great question and things I think about a lot so that it keeps me focused on goals and not wallowing in this hell.

I want to start working out and exercising hard care again. I want to take my board exams (I'm a therapist and was about to take my second round of exams before the poop hit the fan with all of this last year). I want to work for myself eventually after taking some time off this summer I hope. I want to travel with my girls. I want to move out of the state I live. I want to clean slate my life and start over.

Well having your Dad still is great.

I so miss my Dad.  He was the most wonderful. talented, giving person.  Everyone loved him... and he had my back.

sigh.

I totally get that. Clean slate and start over.  You were smart to have girls. I have a son.

A son is a son til he gets a wife, but a daughter is a daughter all of her life.

I guess that works for brothers as well.

You were lucky to have a good father B.  Mine was wonderful after he got Alzheimer’s.  I always wondered how different my life could have been if he always like that.  I dunno.  I’m sure he had a difficult life too, so.

I was very fortunate to have amazing parents. My dad is a wonderful man and a huge blessing in my life. He truly is. I've heard that saying about boys before. I love my girlies so much. They are teens and it's so hard trying to handle four teens while feeling this awful and doing it alone. But I don't want to sound like I am complaining. It was difficult being a single parent before and now it's just impossible at times. But I'm doing it for them. They are honestly the reason I am still here. I hope in some way, maybe when they are older, they will know how much I love them and fought to stay their mom.

I too want to figure out how to "clean slate" my life after this is all said and done. Im not sure how to work towards a complete career transition at this point in my life. Ill be 37 this year and its scary feeling like Im starting over after reaching what was the top of my career after so many years struggling though university and work to get there. Does anyone have any advice, or good book suggestions about making later-in-life career transitions?

While I live alone and have literally lost all my friends except for 1 or 2, I am thankful to have my son, and the support of my mom and ex. I don't know what I would have done without their support. So for those of you who are braving this journey completely alone, please know I am praying for you. This is the such a hard road and my heart goes out to those who are taking this journey 100% solo. You are not alone in spirit though, please remember that!

I, too, am suffering alone. I've never been good about opening  up to people and I've never had a real wide circle of friends. I've lived in a new town the last 5 years and not met too many other people besides co-workers I don't meet outside work. I have a stomach issue that keeps me in my apartment alot and a roommate who's been a friend for a long time but we've also grown apart. I have a sibling I'm close who lives outside the country and I haven't told them about my struggle either. Nobody knows. Even my psychiatrist only knows that I am scared and wanting off but I haven't been honest about the amounts I take. I've told her 1.5-2 mg a week but it's closer to 2.5-3.5mg weekly. I've decided to open up on my next appointment and be honest about my usage and my fears. But still, I've no friends to talk to. I have a meeting with a therapist soon for many reasons, but I also know it's not the same as a support circle. I haven't even discussed the recent death of my 14 year old dog with many family members. I just suffer through things alone.

Sydney, loss of a pet is a big thing.

I always had a rabbit or two and they were exeptional pets, tho much care and expense.  Still have one but he never was a people bun at all.

Yes we need a support circle-- I have nobody and while always was a selfstarter, am doing very little at all now.  And all alone so what is the point.

Wanted to let you all know I'm thinking of you today. Feeling lots of losses today on all fronts. Feeling sad and alone and now to face another day of this. Here we go.  :o

I've been keeping busy with a neighborhood project.  I met all my neighbors and found most of them very delightful.  Trying to stay positive through all this.

That said I tapered and got the usual headache, numbness and severe yiredness.  I took the downtime and rested with guided meditation.  Got my second wind.

I do hope you all find yourself in good health.  This madness will end soon for us and then a better life..

Was reading the tread , although I am not alone , I sure feel like it,

Guine pig I see you are tapering from ativan. I also am and it has been rough .

I had 2 good months , yes months and I am getting low but bang I was hit with what feels like the middle of my taper . I see you are dropping at a small pace now.

Do you still feel every drop ? What kind of symptoms are you getting?

I hope you dont mind me asking . Also there is a Ativan support group under support groups.

Thanks in advance.

Lisa

Also hello to all on the  site Hope everyone has a better day.

Lisa

Hang in there Warrior, you’ve come a long way.  I know that day is coming for me as well.  Time.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Lisa.  Yes, when I got under 2mg tapering became much harder.  I’m only dropping.01 every 3 weeks and it’s been hard.  My brain feels numb, my back tightens up, forgetfulness, low energy.  For some reason I get very tired about 2pm but can’t sleep so I just rest til I feel better.  I know this is going to take a long time at this rate but if I cut more I’m like a zombie.

How are you doing?

Hello Barbara.  Feel better soon.  We’ll get there!  :)