Support for individuals living and suffering ALONE in the real world 🌎

[Ni...]

Oh a 2 month window would be like a vacation.  Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones to heal faster. I hope so.  I had a 2 day window but that slammed shut and sxs seem worse now.  Maybe it’s healing.  Who knows right.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wa...]

• [Gu...]

• [Ba...]

• [te...]

I cant figure it out thought i was in the clear and almost normal again. Then just my regular cut and i felt the symptoms creeping in.... no sleep cant even nap just lay there. anxious and cant sit still long enough to enjoy anything. This has been such a terrible experience.

I will hold a few more days and see if that helps. Just cant understand why this happens.

good one day bad the next.

I guess i should be thankful for the good months that I had and hopeful for more to come.

Thank you for your response. Wishing you well .

Lisa

Hey Lisa, didn’t you have a time when you were really tired at 2pm?  How long did that last.

Warrior24 May have better answers for you as she was on 6 months then CT’d, then a rapid taper. She’s off now over 5 months.

How is everyone doing so far this week? Yes I live alone and most of the time I am actually grateful that I do. When I am in a wave I can be alone and rest. I cut myself off from most people when I first went to detox and told them I will socialize with them in a couple of years. It has been 20 months and I am still healing. It is much better than it was 20 months ago, but I am not in the mood to engage with people a lot. Nobody believed me in the beginning so I just stopped talking about withdrawal and keep to myself.

I have two nephews that will take me where I need to go on their days off. They are so sweet to offer. Hope you all are continuing to improve and you can PM me anytime you want. I am praying for all!

Blessings

PG

I'm having a rough time right now. I had a window to where I was feeling better (meaning less intense symptoms) for almost three weeks and that ended today. I feel back to being physically sick and having all the mental junk that goes along with it. I think if I hadn't had my disease before the benzos I wouldn't be so worried but now I'm scared I'll be sick again or sick forever or that this benzo stuff will never go away. Sorry, I'm normally more positive but just feeling the feels today and wondering how it's possible to feel so terrible and still actually be alive. Struggling through another day at work  :'(

Warrior 24

I am sorry to hear you are feeling not well.

I am still tapering and I also had a 2 month window and thought that i was in the clear.

Well I was wrong. Symptoms crept in and no more sleep wake every few minutes .. sometimes cant fall asleep at all , anxiety ...

When I had the window my sleep was improved but never like regular.

I also lost my brother and my father in 1 year and had hospic with both in the house so I never slept .

I was waking to take care of my brother all night for about 6 months.

I think that did me in. Then realized that the ativan was making me sick.

Started my hell taper and now I am low in my dose and still micro tapering but feel awful

Cant figure it out . I guess it just takes time that we just are inpatient for.

Hope you have a better night.

Lisa

I'm having a rough time right now. I had a window to where I was feeling better (meaning less intense symptoms) for almost three weeks and that ended today. I feel back to being physically sick and having all the mental junk that goes along with it. I think if I hadn't had my disease before the benzos I wouldn't be so worried but now I'm scared I'll be sick again or sick forever or that this benzo stuff will never go away. Sorry, I'm normally more positive but just feeling the feels today and wondering how it's possible to feel so terrible and still actually be alive. Struggling through another day at work  :'(

Sorry you are feeling bad and it is horrible after a window. I am in a wave right now after a long window and it feels horrible. This stuff will end for all of us one day soon. So proud of you being able to work during all of this. My sensitivity to stress and over stimulation prevents me from being around people a lot. Hang in there and I pray you feel better soon!

PG

Preachergirl,

Thank you friend. I wish I didn't work especially while feeling this way but I'm a single mama with four kids so no choice. I'm sorry you are in a wave. I told my kids the other day that it's like escaping this torturous prison cell for a time only to be drug back in. It's a taste of freedom but then imprisoned again. I guess the silver lining in that is that it gives us a glimpse of what could be.

Tech21,

Goodness, I can't believe you lost your brother and dad. I'm barely coping with losing my mom. She was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at this time last year and was told she had 6-12 months. I was sick from a rare disease, a virus on top and then didn't realize my xanax was making me sicker too. She died in 6 weeks. That was almost a year ago next month and I'm still dealing with the trauma. I was rapid-tapered in 6 weeks after 5 months of use and I think it's made my recovery worse but who really knows, right? I'm glad you are tapering slow and I hope that it helps ease some of the suffering for you.

Thanks for the support, friends. I'm glad we have one another to lean on. Even though I'm not well, I'm always here to support and listen so don't hesitate to reach out  :smitten:

• 1 month later...

This seems a good place for one so early in Recovery, I'm uncertain if it's possible?

Helps not my (trivial, by comparison) Diagnosis is apparently rare on here. Plain Organic Insomnia, (some PTSD, etc)

Live in a Rural area, with Fine hard-working Son, and do my best to not lean on him much.

He should be out living his young LIFE...

Am very grateful for what I've read so far -

All, BE WELL

LC

Still here and still alone most of the time. Went to help an elderly couple with some veterans paperwork yesterday and even though it was a pleasure meeting them, it did a number on my brain. I am paying for it today with exhaustion of the body and head tremors. She is 85 and her husband who had a stroke is 95 years old. The more we talked, I found out that she knew my mother and father very well growing up and other family members.

She actually blessed me a lot by telling me about things that happened years ago when I was a kid. We ended up talking over an hour about the many miracles in her life over time.

Sitting here resting and praying this journey comes to an end with healing.

PG

I'm sitting here resting and praying this journey comes to an end with healing too.  I often try to push myself to keep positive and delete the negative talk, but unusually difficult today. I want to reach out to someone to talk, but don't have the power to do so.    Thought I would write to people that understand.

Thanks for listening! 

Baby Spice

Hi, Baby.

I know the feeling of not being able to do anything but wanting to touch bases.

It would be nice, too, if there was a phone hotline or something for benzo people...

• 2 weeks later...
To reassure me that I m going to be okay and be able to live again.

Bnot, you will be okay. You will be able to live again. I didn't think I would make it . . . but I did. My taper was long and horrible, but here I am. You will come out the other side of this. Believe it.

:smitten:

Katz

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anyone reading this: you are strong. You've made it this far!

I am in need of support. I ended a relationship in 2018 and now that I'm tapering I'm overcome with grief. I think the pills changed who I was. I feel so terribly sad right now. I know it's tempting to blame everything under the sun on pills once you realize you want to be off them. I just wish I could have handled my split differently.

i am alone and scared and 65 years old. :(   

i am not getting help with water taper. i have asked questions.  is it ok to use 10 1 mg pills and 97 10 ml of syringees of water and 3 syringes of vodka to make a solution?  and, i will dose 4 timees a day.  each dose i fill syringe up 10 times.  is this right?

97 10 ml of syringees of water

Cathy have you ever considered buying a 100 ml beaker? I did for my taper. It sure makes measuring easy.

Just a thought.

Katz

• 2 weeks later...