I'm starting to think all my problems are side effects of lithium orotate.

[So...]

I've been so messed up the past several months that I haven't been thinking straight.  Many of the side effects I have been describing have happened during the time I have taken a supplement called lithium orotate.  Despite being on other medications such as Neurontin and Lamictal.  I blamed benzo withdrawal or Lamictal withdrawal but I am thinking it might just be lithium orotate.  I combined it with melatonin for some nights which I believe was a huge mistake.  Even though I have only taken the one tablet each day, I had been taking melatonin too.  I can tell you that the lithium orotate is one power tablet for me.  The main reason I wanted to be on it was because it had helped me habituate to tinnitus easier and sometimes would put it in the background.  It also made me more rational compared to the drugged up crap I have been on.  However, it has given me some serious gas problems, and nausea.  And it could be causing my irregular heartbeats, fluctuating pulse, breathing issues, nausea, and fluctuating blood pressure. 

I read where people are supposed to take Lithium Carbonate with food, 3 times a day and not adjust their salt intake.  It seemed like when I drank water or salt, I could feel off.  In addition, I was taking Lithium Orotate once a day and took it at different times. 

I'm really bummed out because this was the one supplement that really seemed to help me habituate to tinnitus I have.  The tablet I took was 5mg.  Is it possible that Lithium 50mcg would help instead?  I saw that on Amazon.  I'm starting to wonder if smaller amounts that might be found in nature would help people better.

Here was my pros with it:

Helped me with tinnitus (though sometimes would temporarily spike it if I took it past regular bedtime)

Helped me be more calm and rational

Helped me clear my skin

Made my cheeks way less puffy

Seem to help with some circadian rhythm stuff

Lowered my hair loss

Had bowel movements everyday

Helped with anxiety

Cons:

Gave me very bad gas and nausea sometimes

After a while seemed to lower my motivation and energy levels just a tiny bit

Seemed to make my heart rate fluctuate, blood pressure fluctuate,

Seemed to get "short on breath" sometimes

In the beginning the gas gave me chest pains

By the way, how long until this stuff exits my system?  I have taken it for around 6 months with some breaks in between.

To be fair, it was probably the lithium orotate interacting with the melatonin, lamictal, and benzo withdrawal that created the problems.  Too bad I didn't take it before benzos so I could have a baseline to compare.  However, I am CERTAIN it interacted with 10mg Time release melatonin in a VERY BAD way for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I was taking Lithium Orotate too. Then I stopped taking it because I found out it lowers dopamine. My dopamine is low to begin with. Stopped taking it and now I feel better..

• 3 months later...