I really need help with extreme anxiety, will mirtazepine help.So frightened

[ch...]

I am getting so desperate for relief from Valium withdrawal, at 2.5mgs and cannot cope. I do not want to go back up again as it has not helped. I am now thinking it's time to try an antidepressant as I cannot go on this way, and I need to able to continue to taper off the Valium I have been on for 10 months now.

I am agoraphobic and bed bound, struggle to eat because of the severe anxiety which has never been treated properly and have lost 30 lbs in weight. I really cant afford to lose more. I am coming up to 74 and this is all a great strain on my body.  Last night I resorted to my bible just to hang on as I don't want to die, but this is so bad and the psychiatrist and Doctors offer nothing, though I was told that if I wanted to try mirtazapine again I could give it a go. I tried it twice at the beginning but did not like the side effects. though now I wonder if those were from the Valium which I was not taking consistently and indeed the first time of taking Mirtazapine I had stopped the Valium for a week, not knowing any different.

Has  anyone had help from taking it, when in such a low state and in terrible anxiety. I don't know what else to do

Experiences anyone of taking it whilst tapering Valium?

Help please. I really need help and don't know which way to turn

Thank you to all 

I started super low dose (3.75-7.5 mg) at about 5 months off for sleep and anxiety. It has helped quite a bit.

Any bad side effects? I have extreme anxiety I need help with.

Benzo and mirtazapine ruined my life. I would never take it. Almost 3 years off benzo and 1 yeas off mirtazapine still suffering badly, not able to work, severe anxiety burning head scalp, severe  headache 24/7  for over 3 years.

I never had any depression or anxiety before this hell. I got Clonazepam for sleeping bc I was going trough peri menapouse.  Never ever thought I will end up hell like this, completely sick with severe pain all over my body, tinnitus and insomnia.

I hope you will make the right choice for yourself.

Love and healing

Vica

I started super low dose (3.75-7.5 mg) at about 5 months off for sleep and anxiety. It has helped quite a bit.

Any bad side effects? I have extreme anxiety I need help with.

The only side effects I’ve noticed are some dry mouth and dry eyes in the morning and weight gain. The weight gain is good for me as I was norms weight to begin with and was dropping too low. It brought me back up to normal plus maybe 4-5 lbs extra that don’t bother me. I’ll take the sleep and reduced extreme anxiety for now, I have to function for my family.