• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Gw...]

• [mo...]

• [Sh...]

When you stop pleading with God (or who ever is listening) to take you home. When you have a glimmer of hope that it isn’t going to be this way forever.  When you start to have an appetite again & can hold down more than two food items.  When you can have a conversation with someone but don’t feel like you’re in a dream. When you can start to concentrate - even for a tiny moment. When you can cook yourself a meal & clean up afterwards all in one day. When you actually want to have a shower & brush your teeth.

• 4 weeks later...
I love this thread.  When you catch yourself being able to remember something, even just one thing when you reach for it ... and thinking maybe all the awful memory loss is just temporary.

• 4 months later...

When I get on BB reading positive threads like this and laughing....instead of searching for threads of people who have sxs like mine so I know I am not dying.

THIS ^^^^

When we’re the ones offering hope vs Google searching our symptoms...

When your neighbor meets you going for a walk and says "I remember how you looked five years ago. I thought you would die. And now you look so fresh - what is your secret?"

(the secret is healing I assume :laugh:)

... and this was a neighbor I HATED to meet cause she would tell me everything she could notice. Oh, you have such dark circles. Oh, you seem soo weak. Not a nice person in some way...

When symptoms morph into something new, usually just as bad BUT something is happening

For me healing always works like that! A shift of symptoms and a period or more in which I think "nice, the shit just changes its color.." and then it becomes better. If this happens for you in wd, I am sure something good is happening!!

When your neighbor meets you going for a walk and says "I remember how you looked five years ago. I thought you would die. And now you look so fresh - what is your secret?"

... and this was a neighbor I HATED to meet cause she would tell me everything she could notice. Oh, you have such dark circles. Oh, you seem soo weak. Not a nice person in some way...

Yes!

I had my sons old teacher comment on how much better I looked the other day. I assume it was because I was smiling!  :laugh:

It’s lovely when u feel as tho u are making progress x

Yes!

I had my sons old teacher comment on how much better I looked the other day. I assume it was because I was smiling!  :laugh:

It’s lovely when u feel as tho u are making progress x

So true! the best feeling on earth for me.. today I made yoga with my physical therapist FOR 60 MINUTES!!! The room was huge (distance etc. due to Covid) and all walls full with these high mirrors. I looked like a wet hippo but I smiled for 60 minutes straight. And she did smile, too, cause she knows how I felt years ago and my success was her success. I am dead now but it was such a beautiful experience. I am happy you had such an experience too!!

"You know you're RECOVERING WHEN ... "

You start to have hours or full days where you don't feel dread or despair, but instead you feel joy and optimism.

You start to have hours or full days where you feel so good that you DON'T NEED TO paint, do a crossword, work on a project, be on benzo buddies, mindlessly thumb through a smart phone, read, take a car ride, or watch TV to distract yourself from the suffering because you feel good enough to just sit, and do literally nothing except enjoy the feeling of your healed brain. 😊

You start to have hours or full days where you begin to forget what acute withdrawal felt like. You knew there was pain, but you forget how it actually felt.

Hours pass by (or even a full day- I haven't gotten to a full day yet) - where you realize that time has passed and you have not thought about withdrawal and your brain was not looking for nor focusing on symptoms.

You start to have hours or full days where you feel intense love and connection to everything living, and you no longer pay mind to the petty things in this life that are not worth spending not even one second worrying about.