Has anyone had their benzodiazepine blood levels tested?

[fu...]

What is Edzo's Buddy Blog. Is it part of this site. I googled it and got a lot of stuff about dogs.

copernicus,

Benzo buddies is quite organized into sections. So”buddie blogs are in the “Nexus section “;where Chewing The Fat is. And Chewing the Fat is where we are right now.

So look 2 areas up and you will see “Buddie Blogs.” Scroll down in that area, and you’ll see Edzos Buddy Blog-Slaying The Dragon!

These blogs alternate their positions depending on when someone posts there just like every section of BB.

You’ll find that blog because right now it’s first at the top of that section. But it will be there tomorrow also, just maybe in a different spot downward.

Thanks Intend...

:)

Sorry Im real brain fried this week...

Cant, don’t apologize. You’re doing your best, and I understand being brain fried. I kinda feel that way myself tonight. The news is on right now, and more and more people here are shooting each other.

Dan and I are both worn out from so many things. This here and the news. Oy vey!

• 1 month later...

Lots of interesting information here.  I'd been spending so much time on the Withdrawal Support Form, it's only lately I've been visiting topics under "Chew The Fat". 

I had no idea about benzo blood tests.  I'm thinking I may be needing to see a doctor soon (ankle swelling & pain); had wanted to have ativan completely out of system before seeing a dr. (issues there after this experience & have to find new dr., as previous drs. 1 dropped out of insurance network & 1 went concierge).  Not going to worry about it, though.  Not including it on patient history, either.  I feel doctors think the pts. having anxiety if they see a benzo listed, just IMO, after reading many b.b. posts.

Know the pts./pets issue is straightened out, but just FYI...Yes, they are given to pets, too - at least to my dog, in her later years when her doggy dementia progressed into alzheimers.  And, it is awful.  In early stages, she'd sometimes go upstairs, even in middle of night - she'd never gone upstairs w/out me before.  Vet explained it's like people: she'll go up there & then wonder "what did I come up here for?"  Vet was wonderful - very thorough, knowledgeable & compassionate.  One of her own dogs had alzheimers, so she knew immediately from my description of symptoms that's what was going on.  She also gave name of an animal behaviorist, who was too far away for me to drive so she contacted on our behalf & between both prescribed ativan for my furry girl b/c as the disease progressed, she was obviously agitated.  It did help to calm her.  I was frightened of mixing up our meds. so I had hers filled for a different generic brand (which I'd tried, but it gave me monumental headaches - generics were another issue, esp. once Sandoz stopped manufacture) & kept in a different cabinet from my own.  So, they're fine if you're nearing end of life, as can be predicted w/animals.

I'm interested in the blood issue regarding benzos because all through this, I've had problems with my blood. I get bleeding in my nose (not much, though) when I have symptoms; I had unusually high platelets, and they're still somewhat high - they rose to 1.8 million at one point, which scared the hell out of me as I thought I was a walking time bomb. I was told that I should give blood because that would make the platelets go lower, but I didn't. Being almost 5 years out, I doubt if I'll do a test, but I'm just curious. I've had blood pressure issues (the systolic only) in this. I wonder how the benzos affect the blood.