Help with starting Valium taper with Gemini scale

[CM...]

Hi CMZ18 :smitten:

I try to put your figures in a spreadsheet. Hope it answers somehow your queries.

b1WiNx6.png

Hi Jim. Do you have a link to the spreadsheet you made for me that I can adjust on my own?

Weird I was also wondering why so many ppl crush up their pills instead of just filing it down as well. I usually get the average of 5 then file them down to have 5 ready for the week. Crushing sounds harder since you have to weigh it each day, is there any benefits to crushing it? And wouldn’t you feel it faster

Hi CMZ18 :smitten:

Do you have a link to the spreadsheet you made for me that I can adjust on my own?

Try this, the result would be the same:

Go here: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/ , click Direct Taper. Enter following data to obtain the same result as today:

MWZHmkC.png

Click Submit and you will obtain a daily schedule. If it doesn't suit, go back and make changes.

Once I put the powder into this bowl and it’s weighed to the correct dose and I’m trash to take

It, how do I go about taking it? Do I put it into a drink?

Hi there,

I am taking ativan and am crushing as well.  When I have the correct weight of powder, I carefully pick up the little tray and lick the powder off it.  Chase with water.  :)

Hi

I take 2mg of Valium in the am and 2mg in pm.

I just purchased a Gemini scale as I want to use this for tapering

My question is about each pill being a few decimals off per pill.

How do I go about this? Some are .170 - then .168 - then .171

Do I crush a few pills up at once in a mortar and pestle and take the average weight of the pills?

Or do I crush one pill at a time and use that weight to do it?

I’m so confused. Some people say crush the pill. Some say shave with a razor blade.

I want to start tapering my morning dose (2mg) - So what would be the best way to go about this.

I was reading on here that someone wanted to use 120 days to get off 2mg so she took the weight of her pill (.170) and divided it by 120 days = .0014 reduction per day. So she subtracted .0014 each day from her dose. Is it better to do it that way then to do say 5% of the .170 and hold?

I’ve never done it on a scale before and I’m quite nervous and having a hard time understanding how to go about this. Anyone who can help if you could please respond I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

The way I did it was getting the average weight of the .5 mg k which was .168 and I shaved off .001 each 5 days so it would look soemthing like this

Day 1 .168

Day 5 .167

Day 10 .166

Day 15 .165 and so on, this way might seem very slow to some but it minimized most wd symptoms and I could barely tell I was even lowering my dose. I used a Gemini scale as well I always calibrate it before using it and leave the calibration weights on the scale so it reads 200 that way I know the scale will be more accurate. I tried doing the 5% and hold for a while but found it too intense for me especially the lower I got. It should be even easier for you to do since your on Valium and have the 2 mg tabs. I have never tried liquid titration but found micro tapering with a scale to be very nice.

Hi

I take 2mg of Valium in the am and 2mg in pm.

I just purchased a Gemini scale as I want to use this for tapering

My question is about each pill being a few decimals off per pill.

How do I go about this? Some are .170 - then .168 - then .171

Do I crush a few pills up at once in a mortar and pestle and take the average weight of the pills?

Or do I crush one pill at a time and use that weight to do it?

I’m so confused. Some people say crush the pill. Some say shave with a razor blade.

I want to start tapering my morning dose (2mg) - So what would be the best way to go about this.

I was reading on here that someone wanted to use 120 days to get off 2mg so she took the weight of her pill (.170) and divided it by 120 days = .0014 reduction per day. So she subtracted .0014 each day from her dose. Is it better to do it that way then to do say 5% of the .170 and hold?

I’ve never done it on a scale before and I’m quite nervous and having a hard time understanding how to go about this. Anyone who can help if you could please respond I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

The way I did it was getting the average weight of the .5 mg k which was .168 and I shaved off .001 each 5 days so it would look soemthing like this

Day 1 .168

Day 5 .167

Day 10 .166

Day 15 .165 and so on, this way might seem very slow to some but it minimized most wd symptoms and I could barely tell I was even lowering my dose. I used a Gemini scale as well I always calibrate it before using it and leave the calibration weights on the scale so it reads 200 that way I know the scale will be more accurate. I tried doing the 5% and hold for a while but found it too intense for me especially the lower I got. It should be even easier for you to do since your on Valium and have the 2 mg tabs. I have never tried liquid titration but found micro tapering with a scale to be very nice.

Hey Dub - I have the same weight to my pills. I just have 2 of them though to come off (2 2mg pills)

I have been reducing .001 every day on my first dose. Think thats ok?

You can always try it out and see how you feel, and slow down if you find it too fast. I’m extremely sensitive, but sounds like most ppl taper at the rate your going.

You can always try it out and see how you feel, and slow down if you find it too fast. I’m extremely sensitive, but sounds like most ppl taper at the rate your going.

Dub

How is everything going for you? Were you on brand and are you tapering again?

So it took you almost 900 days ?

I’ve been tapering for a little over 3 years now..... wish I could go faster lol. But anything is better than nothing :)

What percentage are you reducing a month? Has it been much better going this slow??

Was cutting about 5% each month and was going smoothly. I have recently been on a long hold trying to stabilize due to manufactur changes.

Dub

Hey Jen I am still on the brand K and i'm going to start tapering again on tuesday. Been holding for almost 6 months now and am going to finally start tapering again. I just ordered a expensive analytical balance that reads to .0001 g, hoping it will be much more accurate than the gemini scale I own. How are you doing with your librium taper, has it been hard trying to weigh out the powder in the capsule.

Dub

Hey Jen I am still on the brand K and i'm going to start tapering again on tuesday. Been holding for almost 6 months now and am going to finally start tapering again. I just ordered a expensive analytical balance that reads to .0001 g, hoping it will be much more accurate than the gemini scale I own. How are you doing with your librium taper, has it been hard trying to weigh out the powder in the capsule.

Hi

Do you feel more stable after your six month hold? I am jealous of your scale. What model is it? It would be so much easier to have one that measures to .0001g. I am slowly tapering Librium. It sucks but still better than the generic K. Measuring the powder with the scale I have is annoying but I think I may be getting the hang of it. Just started Nov 11th tapering. I am doing 1 mg of Librium a month with a DMT. I think it’s about 3.2% a month. How is that for slow... and I am still feeling it.

I feel much more stable now compared to a couple months ago still not as stable as the whole teva mess tho. i got the AS 60/220.R2 balance by radwag, I saw it on sale for $700 marked down from $14000. I might go ask slow as you just to be safe  :thumbsup:

Happy to hear you are more stable. With that scale and a slow taper it should be smooth sailing for you. I have 30 months a head of me. Happy Healing Dub!

Happy to hear you are more stable. With that scale and a slow taper it should be smooth sailing for you. I have 30 months a head of me. Happy Healing Dub!

Slow and steady wins the race!!!  ;)

When you guys are using your scales and weighing your dose, how do you take it after? Put it in a mason jar with water? That’s what I’m doing but wondering if there’s a better way to do it...